GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+17
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
Hoags
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
spader
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

xzel

Prospect
Prospect

Guys,

CALGARY, AB – The Calgary Flames announced today that they have acquired centre Joe Colborne from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Calgary’s fourth round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=684668

Please tell me Colbourne is good. lol I vaguely remember him at all. I know he's a big body? But how is he? ML fans pls reply

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Not sure if he's ready, but he has potential.

F the Laffs

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Not sure if he's ready, but he has potential.

F the Laffs
Looks like Jurke is taking over already. That's his player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This was an odd move to clear cap space. I guess the rumored Liles deal fell through. Here are some random comments from the twitterverseL

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype

Leafs deal Joe Colborne to Calgary for a 4th-round pick. It could be a 3rd-round pick if the Flames make the playoffs. So, a 4th-round pick.
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 164414

Fatima Ingar ‏@Ingar43

Just wanna wish Joe Colborne all the best in Calgary. Going to miss watching him during the Marlies games.
Mark The Goalie ‏@MarkTheGoalie

Gotta wonder if the #Leafs trading Colborne to Calgary is a set up for a Liles contract dump trade. Burke & Nonis helping each other out?
Hmm, interesting, but why would Burke do the MLSE any favors?

1967ers ‏@1967ers

I don't complain much about the Leafs and asset management, but Grabbo and Colborne for a 4th while Liles and FML et al are still here? Sad.
For one reason or another Colborne never managed to crack the lineup. He wasn't going to start the season in TO and had to be waived to go down, I believe. So they got a 4th instead of nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezD, hang on, could be a wild waiver wire ride today:

Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano

D-day in NHL today. Teams must put players on waivers by noon today in order to clear by 5 pm tomorrow when final rosters are due

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Colburne is awful, Canadian Filatov.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Colbourne sucks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Colborne is a 1st round pick who is being traded for a 4th round pick after spending how many years developing him?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Colborne is a 1st round pick who is being traded for a 4th round pick after spending how many years developing him?  
Edit:
Boston is the loser, here. They drafted him in the 1st round, then traded him plus a 1st plus a 4th to the Leafs for Kaberle. So Boston gives up 2 1st and a 4th for Kaberle, and Toronto gets a 1st and 2 4th for Kabrle. Yep, Boston got hosed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here we go, Liles on waivers, so is Emmerton in Detroit. And Schultz in LA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More:

TOR puts Korbinian Holzer and T.J. Brennan on waivers.
CGY puts Blair Jones and Derek Smith on waivers.

All players waived yesterday cleared.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And ...

OK, those were some notables on waivers. Here's the complete list: Finley BUF, Jones CGY, Smith CGY, Bickel NYR, Mashinter NYR, Powe NYR...

All of these are from Bobby Mac's tweets.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer 2m

Oilers claim big, tough winger Luke Gazdic from Dallas. Saw him up close on Friday night, where he scored a goal in the Stars victory.

Recall that McIntyre got injured yesterday or the day before -- had to be helped off the ice and couldn't put any weight on his leg.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nope, Luke Gazdic was claimed by Edmonton

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More from Bobby Mac:

T Smith TOR, Bodie TOR, Holzer TOR, MacIntyre TOR, Brennan TOR, Stanton CHI, Rechlicz WSH, Crabb FLA, Robak FLA, Yonkman ANA, Kearns SJ...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:Colborne is a 1st round pick who is being traded for a 4th round pick after spending how many years developing him?  
Edit:
Boston is the loser, here.  They drafted him in the 1st round, then traded him plus a 1st plus a 4th to the Leafs for Kaberle.  So Boston gives up 2 1st and a 4th for Kaberle, and Toronto gets a 1st and 2 4th for Kabrle.  Yep, Boston got hosed.
They won a cup and have been to another final... Toronto has been in 1 playoff round in a decade and Calgary is in trouble for the next 5 years. Tell me how on earth Boston is any kind of loser here? Unless by loser you mean winner than yah, you're right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ference named the Oilers new Captain.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m

Ebbett PIT, Connor PIT, Street CGY, Liles TOR, Cormier WPG, Pardy WPG, Schultz LA, Desbiens COL, Sulzer BUF. That's all, folks.

Sorry for the repeats but that should be all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum