GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2013 - Melnyk's Budget Edition

+16
M_Christopher
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
sandysensfan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
NEELY
rooneypoo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Hoags
Ev
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43 ... 57  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 57]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
Don't look now, but the Islanders are doing pretty well.

They finally made the playoffs and once they move to Brooklyn they will have more money and more appeal to sign FAs.

Meanwhile we're still Ottawa with a broke owner.  We can probably expect offer sheets coming out way if teams know we're piss poor.

lol here we go again

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No way to spin it now...we really Cussed up, and it's cuz Melnyk is unwilling or unable to spend $$$. He needs to go, yesterday.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
Don't look now, but the Islanders are doing pretty well.

They finally made the playoffs and once they move to Brooklyn they will have more money and more appeal to sign FAs.

Meanwhile we're still Ottawa with a broke owner.  We can probably expect offer sheets coming out way if teams know we're piss poor.

Even Nabokov has warmed up to playing there already/ Re-signed with them for 3.25m

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:No way to spin it now...we really Cussed up, and it's cuz Melnyk is unwilling or unable to spend $$$.  He needs to go, yesterday.

Right.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stalberg and Cullen rumoured to NSH.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:No way to spin it now...we really Cussed up, and it's cuz Melnyk is unwilling or unable to spend $$$.  He needs to go, yesterday.

Why? He spend that money on MacArthur, so we had the money. What the hell is happening?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Toronto actually needs to sign some D men at this point because their blueline is going to be awful as is.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

6 mil x 7 years for Clarkson... that's A LOT Of cash, lol. They must really be counting on Kadri to be a legit #1 guy going into next year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Why?  He spend that money on MacArthur, so we had the money.  What the hell is happening?

If we "had" the money where is the money that should have been spent on Alfie? MacArthur is cheaper than Alfie so that should theoretically leave about 7 million to spend. Laugh1 Laughing3 

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Stalberg and Cullen rumoured to NSH.

Now confirmed by Bob McKenzie.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Why?  He spend that money on MacArthur, so we had the money.  What the hell is happening?

If we "had" the money where is the money that should have been spent on Alfie? MacArthur is cheaper than Alfie so that should theoretically leave about 7 million to spend. Laugh1 Laughing3 

It's possible that Alfie wanted to go play with his friends for his last year. I'm not certain that Murray wasn't able to pony up. I'm not saying that isn't what happened, but we don't know for sure.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Stalberg and Cullen rumoured to NSH.

Now confirmed by Bob McKenzie.

Stalberg 4 year $12M to NSH.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza's a free agent in two seasons. Negotiations there should be hilarious.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Ottawa is still very much a good team, it just sucks knowning that our broke Donkey moronic owner is now standing in our way of true greatness.  He needs to go.

Alfie is gone. Let's move along. Are we a better team with McArthur over Alfie? From a leadership p.o.v. no; but others will step in to fill the void. From an offense point of view? McArthur has 41 goals in the last two full NHL seasons -- same as Alfie. And who knows, his numbers could improve playing on a better team.

I'm not ready to say we are a better team with McArthur replacing Alfredsson, but we *are* a better team with McArthur replacing the void left by Alfredsson retiring.

Yeah, that's it. Just think of this as Alfredsson retiring, but instead of Regin stepping up to take those minutes, we have McArthur.

Still need the young players to step up this year -- need 15-20 goals from the likes of Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Pageau, Conacher. We could still have a team with 6 players scoring 20 (McArthur, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Pageau, Conacher, Karlsson) and two others with 30 (Spezza, Michalek). That's 240 goals. Add in 15-20 for the remaining D, another 20 from the likes of Neil, Greening, Smith, Condra and we are getting close to 280. A pipe dream? Perhaps.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Bozak 5yrs $21M.

Numbers aren't all that different from McArthur's. And he's never scored 20 while McArthur's done it twice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

It's possible that Alfie wanted to go play with his friends for his last year. I'm not certain that Murray wasn't able to pony up. I'm not saying that isn't what happened, but we don't know for sure.

That's what beer leagues and the Olympics are for.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

$5.25M x 7 yrs for Wendel Clarkson.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Spezza's a free agent in two seasons.  Negotiations there should be hilarious.

Ownership situation needs to be cleared up before then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 57]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43 ... 57  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum