GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 66]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:I thinnk Boston has traded 6 of their last 10 first round picks. #draftbetteridiots

It's not like they've been throwing guys away. Your comment is laughable.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

@TSNBobMcKenzie 28s
Hearing DAL-BOS is a 5-player deal.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
LeKing wrote:I thinnk Boston has traded 6 of their last 10 first round picks. #draftbetteridiots

It's not like they've been throwing guys away.  Your comment is laughable.

Matt Laschoff, Zach Hamill, Joe COlbourne. Got great value back on these future HOF-ers for sure Laugh1 

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Eriksson, Seguin, Peverly...who else? Oleksiak?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the Bs know how to build a team. Yeah, they've had a couple of draft duds, but so have the other 29 teams.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Boston just landed the best player in that trade and then some. Dallas however got a potential 1st line center for the next 10 years, that's just a smart hockey deal all around. Fantastic as a fan to see as well.

Eriksson in Boston could be trouble.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreger: I'm told there are 7 pieces to the Seguin-Eriksson trade. 3 prospects moving from Stars. 4 players total.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Boston just landed the best player in that trade and then some.  Dallas however got a potential 1st line center for the next 10 years, that's just a smart hockey deal all around.  Fantastic as a fan to see as well.

Eriksson in Boston could be trouble.

Boston is losing Horton, Sequin, Peverley, Jagr (probably) and getting Eriksson. Plus Bergeron is beat up and won't be training hard this summer. And Chara (as you said) is banged up.

That's a different team. Not sure it's a better team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Doesn't matter, Eriksson is a legit 1st line player. He will do well in Boston I would imagine.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

For us to get an Eriksson or Neal, we'd definitely have to part with Zibanejad.  no way around it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dallas traded Eriksson at EXACTLY the perfect time for that organization. Just on the edge of being too old for that team but right in his prime and going to fit like a glove in Boston. Props to both sides, they did what needed to be done.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Joe Morrow just doesn't stay long in one place these days.

Massive trade. Happy to have Seguin out of the division, sucks to welcome a great winger like Eriksson in. Refreshes the team a little in Boston.

Like the trade for Boston unfortunately.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Doesn't matter, Eriksson is a legit 1st line player.  He will do well in Boston I would imagine.

Just saying it'll be a completely different team. Not sure which way the chemistry will go -- could be better.

By the way:

K Sean Packard, CPA ‏@AthleteTax

Trade from Burins to Dallas will save @tylerseguin92 about $1,020,000 in state taxes over the remaining 5 years on this contract. #NHL

He just got a $200K raise --*after* taxes.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:For us to get an Eriksson or Neal, we'd definitely have to part with Zibanejad.  no way around it.

Zib is probably as untouchable as it gets after his season last year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Dallas traded Eriksson at EXACTLY the perfect time for that organization.  Just on the edge of being too old for that team but right in his prime and going to fit like a glove in Boston.  Props to both sides, they did what needed to be done.

agreed, Boston is still going for it for the next few years. they can use eriksson to add some scoring punch. on the other side Jim nill making his mark as a GM with a big splash. he could be golden for them for years to come.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I had a feeling Eriksson was on the outs in Dallas. Wonder if Ottawa made a pitch for him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Horcoff traded to Dallas. i sure hope the oil is taking some salary back

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Horcoff traded to Dallas. i sure hope the oil is taking some salary back

Wow...how the hell did they pull that off?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum