GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins :: 2013 NHL Playoff Series Talk

+12
Cap'n Clutch
sens4win
rooneypoo
NEELY
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
PTFlea
wprager
Ev
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's get this party started. Sens have a date with the Pens in the 2nd round. Not sure when it will start. Tue or Wed seem likely.

This should be good.

GO SENS GO!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the biggest question going into this series is why is Matt Cooke so interested in Don Brennan's package?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

176 vs. 232 -- that's quite a few reasons. Kassian is not there to be fancy and score. He's there to keep the other team from trying to take advantage. He's also hard to move from in front of the net, if they ever want to try that again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Further to that, Hoffman hasn't played in quite a while. I'd rather Spezza, in that case.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're gonna have to win this one in the trenches like we did to Montreal. Not gonna be easy at all, this is a much bigger team than the Habs.

Anderson will have to be MVP of the series again obviously.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

John Rodenburg ‏@JRTeam1200

When the Pens swept the Sens in '08. their coach was ...... Michel Therrien #circleoflife

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Further to that, Hoffman hasn't played in quite a while. I'd rather Spezza, in that case.

Obviously, but my post was under the assumption that Spezza isn't ready for Game 1. Kassian isn't needed against Pittsburgh IMO, but hatever they do I will be on board with.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:there is no reason Hoffman shouldnt be in the lineup over Kassian if he is ready to play. Need speed in this series.

176 vs. 232 -- that's quite a few reasons. Kassian is not there to be fancy and score. He's there to keep the other team from trying to take advantage. He's also hard to move from in front of the net, if they ever want to try that again.

I'd say there's a chance someone like Hoffman draws in for Kassian - at least for a game. The Pens' D was clearly having issues with the Islanders speedy forwards. Martin, Orpik, Murray will all have issues with the speed game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

also what is 176 vs 232?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

probably lbs. Pageau is like 165, so that's not a good argument

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:probably lbs. Pageau is like 165, so that's not a good argument

Sorry for the weight comparison, but that is the difference between what Kassian brings and Hoffman. My point was that Hoffman is about as game-ready as Spezza, and I'd rather Spezza, in this case. It's OK to have a Conahcer and a Pageau buzzing around, but you don't want to have too many undersized players. Maybe Hoffman comes in to spell Conacher? I'd be OK with that, but still, at this point he and Spezza are on the same rehab level (I could be wrong, but that's what I'm basing my opinion on); so I'd rather Spezza.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, it's been how long now? Three sleeps and we still have at least two more to go. I'm getting antsy. At least they know who their opponent will be no so they can prepare a strategy.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cooke getting the Lars Eller treatment would be ok with me.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Our game will need to be tightened up. Pittsburgh will make you pay for sloppy play. Winnable series, but they did sweep the series this year. Playoffs is a new season of course.

Watching the local super homer post game show, they are already talking like they're going to ECF and steam rolling over us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum