GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rob Ford...

+9
SensHulk
Flo The Action
spader
wprager
tim1_2
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

31Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:34 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:There's no jail time for buying a small amount of crack, lol.  There's no trial, no arrest, etc.  He's a drug addict, that's all the video shows.  It's also no illegal to actually be high.
This is illogical. Smoking crack and crack addiction are related but not necessarily the same thing. The vid doesn't show addiction, merely use.
I'll go under the assumption that people who smoke crack generally don't do it on a irregular basis, lol.  It isn't weed.
I know a few people who have dabbled.

32Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:There's no jail time for buying a small amount of crack, lol.  There's no trial, no arrest, etc.  He's a drug addict, that's all the video shows.  It's also no illegal to actually be high.
This is illogical. Smoking crack and crack addiction are related but not necessarily the same thing. The vid doesn't show addiction, merely use.
I'll go under the assumption that people who smoke crack generally don't do it on a irregular basis, lol.  It isn't weed.
I know a few people who have dabbled.
I do as well but I would bet your people didn't go out and buy it.

33Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:33 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:all I know is Toronto has a crackhead for a mayor... no wonder leafs fan are the way they are... they elected a crackhead!!!Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 
What's funny is that the city is in the best financial standing that is has been in a long long time. What Mel Lastman and David Miller destroyed, he's actually gotten back on track. Funny that a drug addicted Mayor with questionable ties to criminals does a better job than them.

Here's how I see this playing out... he's gonna fight it to the very end. Everything we've seen so far is circumstantial, nothing definitive. The mayor can't be removed even if he's charged with a crime. He'd have to actually be incarcerated in order for him to be forced out. They went over all these scenarios when the rumour of the video surfaced a while ago. He won't step down until he's forced to legally. This could drag on to the next election, and you know what, he could even win that. I would not be surprised. Ford Nation is like those Apple iSheep losers. They just follow, no matter what.

The only thing that can derail him is if Lisi sings like a canary and turns informant. Considering the pull Ford seems to have in the "underworld", not sure if he'd do that.

At any rate, gonna be interesting.

Getcha popcorn ready.

34Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
Did he ever deny?  Did he do anything to impede the investigation?  There could be charges there.
For denying? Unless he was on trial, there's no perjury. Lying generally doesn't equal prison.
Interfering with an investigation was my angle

35Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:all I know is Toronto has a crackhead for a mayor... no wonder leafs fan are the way they are... they elected a crackhead!!!Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 
What's funny is that the city is in the best financial standing that is has been in a long long time. What Mel Lastman and David Miller destroyed, he's actually gotten back on track. Funny that a drug addicted Mayor with questionable ties to criminals does a better job than them.

Here's how I see this playing out... he's gonna fight it to the very end. Everything we've seen so far is circumstantial, nothing definitive. The mayor can't be removed even if he's charged with a crime. He'd have to actually be incarcerated in order for him to be forced out. They went over all these scenarios when the rumour of the video surfaced a while ago. He won't step down until he's forced to legally. This could drag on to the next election, and you know what, he could even win that. I would not be surprised. Ford Nation is like those Apple iSheep losers. They just follow, no matter what.

The only thing that can derail him is if Lisi sings like a canary and turns informant. Considering the pull Ford seems to have in the "underworld", not sure if he'd do that.

Getcha popcorn ready.
Like you said, Ford himself isn't doing a bad job as mayor so the people who voted for him have a right and a duty to defend his political policies. That said, the guy is a mess of a human and probably a drug addict. I just find it ironic that the same people who come out and pump Trudeau's tires about him smoking weed and legalizing (which I 100% agree with) are the same ones trying to drive the steak into Ford's mayorship. Both are illegal, black and white, why is one better than the other for a political figure?

36Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Both are illegal but their penalties are different, much like killing someone vs punching someone. Assault vs murder. Both illegal, but carry different penalties. Not a great comparison, but I was going for a big contrast. Public perception of crack vs weed is also very different with a lot of people on board with legalizing weed (myself included). Trudeau admitted to doing it in the past whereas Ford is allegedly doing this now while he's in office along with a slew of other shady things with links to homicides included. He's a train wreck for sure and needs help on the personal side of things. If Trudeau told the public he fired up a blunt that morning in his office, I think you'd see a different reaction.

If I was advising Ford, I'd tell him to put an end to this now. Come clean, admit he has a problem, get it all out in the open now so that there's nothing left to be dug up and get into rehab. Do the rehab time, get better and come back a "changed" man. Considering what he's weathered already, he'd probably be able to pull that off and get re-elected. Would not surprise me one bit.

37Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I agree that they are on a different level in terms of drug use and the perception of the use, that said, both are illegal and if politicians want to stand on the high moral ground like a lot of people in Toronto right now and around Canada they should be consistent with their views but everyone knows that doesn't happen in politics.

Basically all I am saying is you can't justify saying one illegal thing is ok for politicians but the other isn't. People and parties turn things into black and white issues which is fine but what side they stand on is based on the own best interest.

Smoking crack is a fuc*ed up habit and a problem, smoking weed is no worse than drinking a few beers, I and everyone else with 1/2 a brain knows this. In the eyes of the law though, both are illegal and if people want to stand up on the pedestal and preach to everyone about the rights and wrongs of drug use and illegal substances, well... make sure you are being consistent with that message.

As for getting re-elected he might, he might not. He's been a decent mayor for that city though and like you said he's gotten things back on course. No one will give him any credit there though. Basically he's done a decent to good job as mayor but has kind of failed as a human being. What's more important? The well being of a city or the representation of the city by a single person? I'm so sick of fake smiles, lies, and other garbage that's way more illegal than smoking crack so I fall on one side of the fence with this issue.

38Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The other thing is he's already been judged guilty by everyone without anyone seeing one shred of the video. Why is the police chief allowed to alter people's opinions and views without providing the evidence of the accusations? I'm not saying he's lying, the video doesn't exist, etc, but how is a police chief or any public figure allowed to say "I swear it's real, I'm not gonna show you, but just believe me".

39Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Getcha popcorn ready.
see where that takes him when his ties ever come to life. it's freaking merry-go-round right now in Montreal thanks to every and each candidate that takes the mayor ends up having to step down. maybe the reason it's going so well isn't legal at all and some criminal bunghole are filling their pockets while honest companies can't score contracts.
I'd prefer something resembling an honest system that doesn't work as well but has the same chances.

40Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:09 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

At any rate, Harper sent Rob Ford a bouquet of flowers today. No doubt about it.

#wagthedog

41Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I mean if we want to get down to the nitty gritty of the liars in politics, I would rather someone lie about their personal life than lie to my face about things that actually affect me. What do I care if someone runs the city well, Liberal, Conservative, or otherwise? Smoke crack on your own time, smoke pot, bump lines off a hooker... as long as no one is doing anything against their own will and no one outside of the parties is being affected, honestly... who cares?

42Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:35 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm rooting for Rob Ford. Media in toronto are ruthless and just want to see him fail. Not sure why cameras have to follow him around if he's drunk but yeah that's politics 101 man, don't give the public any fodder of controversy. His free thinking casual approach was always going to be bad for him (see SSF's avatar, see him walking drunk on the streets of toronto, etc.)

Kinda felt bad for him when media ambushed him at his home. And like ppl have mentioned on here, he actually has done a good job in office.

43Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who hasn't dabbled in crack and walked drunk on the streets of TO?

He's a man of the people, damnit!

44Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:10 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't know... I'm by no means against the recreational use of drugs but Crack? i would not want my city run by a crackhead.
he might have done well in some aspects but he may be setting things up in the long run for a big downfall. this is what happened in Montreal. They were in league with the mafia and then bang! entire infrastructure falling apart, shady constructions not lasting the test of time and all along only a few were really lining their profits. no chance for the new investors. it may be going well now but who knows what he'll have as a real effect 10-15 years down the road.

45Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't think anyone is saying smoking crack is a good decision but again, is it your or my business what someone does outside of their work place?

Michallica is right thought, don't give people any reason or ammo to get slammed publicly... but the media is Toronto is getting bad almost to the point where you have to turn them off for good. Leafs are a nice example of that.

46Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rob Ford... - Page 3 Image

47Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:32 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The other thing that amazes me are the people standing on soapboxes screaming how Ford has no credibility when Toronto is the same place that elected McGuinty 3 frigging times... everything about this is hypocritical from the media, to the mayor, to the people giving their opinions. The whole thing is disgusting from all parties, not just Ford.

48Rob Ford... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Ford... Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Who hasn't dabbled in crack and walked drunk on the streets of TO?

He's a man of the people, damnit!
Rob Ford is Toronto.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum