GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+18
ddt
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Hoags
Bramlet07
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
sandysensfan
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
SensHulk
Flo The Action
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

976Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Conacher will wear #89 with us...same as former Ottawa small-man, Mr. Michael Comrie.

It's the only practice jersey they had that would fit him Laughing3

977Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:We got a sudden logjam at LW when Michalek returns (which sounds like sooner rather than later).

Conacher and Michalek can play either wing, I believe.

Well Michalek certainly can, he was RW for Spezza pretty much all last year. No idea about Conacher.

978Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:34 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love that we have the Greening/Smith/Neil line back. Best 3rd line in the biz.

979Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Man, if Cowen can get 5-7 games in before the playoffs that might be enough time for him to find his stride really quick.

Lundin can't be happy.

Murray was saying, earlier, that Cowen is coming along but was still rather wishy-washy, saying how he's not yet ready. Then yesterday on the call to Team1200 after the deadline he (surprisingly -- but not to me) said that Cowen was further along than they thought a week or two ago, and the fact that he is coming on the road trip most likely means he will get into some games sooner rather than later.

Tomorrow night we face a depleted Buffalo squad (Vanek may be out). Maybe this is the right time to give him a game (dress 7D).

980Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally
Connacher with Zibanejad and silfverberg

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 19s
Cowen with old B-Sens D-partner Andre Benoit. It wouldn't surprise if Cowen returns much sooner than anybody expects

Clapping

That is a filthy line. Speed, tenacity, skill. Look out.

And that may be our third line when Spezza and Michalek are back (promote Greening back to the top-six).

981Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
And that may be our third line when Spezza and Michalek are back (promote Greening back to the top-six).

Puking2

982Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Puking2

Look out!

983Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Greening should stay on the 3rd line with Smith and Neil.

984Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:51 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I am a big fan of the Bishop/Conacher trade. Murray took it to the wire and managed to get someone that will help us immediately but is also capable of being here long-term. Can't ask for much more than that, when you consider that we were trading our 3rd string goalie.

Conacher will fit in perfectly with Ottawa's style, and hopefully he can develop some chemistry quickly with whatever line he plays on.

When TSN interviewed Bishop after the trade, you could tell he was disappointed to be leaving...with Conacher, you could tell he was excited to be coming...exactly what you want.

He can float up and down the lineup when a line is looking for a bit of a spark or when things need to be stirred up a little as well. Guy is fearless and hopefully will be hell to play against, a little more like Theo and St.Louis for sure.

I hope so. I'm just hoping he won't be more like Shannon or Gerbe.

985Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we stop it with the stupid Ryan Shannon comparisons? Conacher has already put up more points than Shannon did in any season.

986Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:It's a great trade, we could use a guy with Conacher's skill, persistence and drive. Kind of missed with Foligno gone. I hope he is a Brendan Gallagher type and does for us what he did for the Habs.

Some guy on HFB says we had an offer of Yandle for Zib and Bishop. I would not have done that, and glad Murray didn't either (if true).

Yikes, that's serious business. Yandle is amazing, but now Zib has come into his own and will rapidly progress I would imagine. This is a case of too late for Phoenix I would imagine. Had they pitched that to us in the off-season, we may have said yes.

Especially if they expected Gonchar to have another down season. Nod

987Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:15 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I'm not a Yandle fan either. Cost of Zibanejad, no thanks, not now anyways. Maybe earlier but he's coming around and contributing on a more consistent basis.

He's better than .5 PPG right now. Vertigo

988Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Can we stop it with the stupid Ryan Shannon comparisons? Conacher has already put up more points than Shannon did in any season.

Well, Shannon did put up 20 pts in 35 games while Conacher is at 24 in 35 games. If anything their stats are eerily similar. Vertigo

989Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Can we stop it with the stupid Ryan Shannon comparisons? Conacher has already put up more points than Shannon did in any season.

Well, Shannon did put up 20 pts in 35 games while Conacher is at 24 in 35 games. If anything their stats are eerily similar. Vertigo

You shut your whore mouth!

990Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Puking2

17 goals as a rookie riding shotgun with the Spez Dispenser. Big body, very fast, hard shot.

Look, with Spezza and Michalek back we will have Alfie-Spezza-Michalek, Latendresse-Turris-??? and Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg as our top 9. Alfie/Michalek/Latendresse can move around whichever way Mac sees fit, but if you intend to want to keep the kid line together then someone needs to move to the top 6. Greening has done it before. You could also say the same for Regin. Or Smith/Condra/Neil/whoever.

991Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:30 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

It's a fair comparison at this point. Comparable doesn't mean "the same." It just means they share some qualities. They do. Relax.

Also, Shannon had 27 points in '10/11, Conacher has 24. Sarcasm

992Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You shut your whore mouth!

Their best AHL seasons? Also eerily similar. Vertigo

993Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The only "comparable" is their size. They are quite different, as you'll see soon.

Prags, the Greening/Smith/Neil line is hell to play against, and the best 3rd line in the league. MacLean will keep it together, mark my words!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum