GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Irish get blown out in BCS title game by Alabama... Manti Te'o's "girlfriend" a hoax

+4
NEELY
spader
Ev
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonna be a long time before a real playoff system is in place, if ever. They approved a "4-team" playoff model that will start in 2014 but it really doesn't do much, other than generate more money for the NCAA if you ask me.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I would agree about basketball but I think the NFL is still miles better than college football. I just can't get into NCAA football until they put in a real playoff system.

There is no question the NFL is a better product in terms of the overall level of play but that doesn't make it more entertaining. Sometimes the imperfection it was make college sports so great. Just like the college game and atmosphere better than the NFL.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Gonna be a long time before a real playoff system is in place, if ever. They approved a "4-team" playoff model that will start in 2014 but it really doesn't do much, other than generate more money for the NCAA if you ask me.

Well in defense of that 4 team system... right now there are only 4 teams worthy of being talked about in that light and one will destroy the other 3 anyways. 4 teams is about right. Make one of the games the Rose Bowl, make the other the Orange Bowl, winners of both meet in the Championship game. That's what I would do anyways.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

9-0 baby. Close one vs Pitt today. Wow. 3OT.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh oh... we're gonna have a new #1 on top of the BCS standings...

IRISH BABY!!!! YAHOO!!!!!

One more win will punch them a ticket to the Championship Game. They face USC next week. Should be a good game. ND will be gunning to get to the championship game for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

UGLY.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bama is shredding ND.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dont even deserve to be on the same field. They were frauds all year, should have lost 2 or 3 times and somehow had the hand of God touch them. Hell, they beat Purdue by 3 and beat Pitt because their kicker couldn't make a field goal from 24 yards.

Worse team to ever play in a Championship game.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The bright side is it would be worse if they were playing Texas A & M

Last edited by NEELY on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Dont even deserve to be on the same field. They were frauds all year, should have lost 2 or 3 times and somehow had the hand of God touch them. Hell, they beat Purdue by 3 and beat Pitt because their kicker couldn't make a field goal from 24 yards.

Did you see last year's title game?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Dont even deserve to be on the same field. They were frauds all year, should have lost 2 or 3 times and somehow had the hand of God touch them. Hell, they beat Purdue by 3 and beat Pitt because their kicker couldn't make a field goal from 24 yards.

Did you see last year's title game?

Sure did. LSU beat Bama in SEC play earlier in the year. They deserved to be there. Most teams dont play 75% of their schedule at home.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This game was over when the Tide called tails.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Priceless:

Steve Warne ‏@TGORSteve wrote:

RT@badbanana This has to be the worst Irish performance since Tom Cruise in "Far and Away.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They deserved to be there based on the current BSC system but fact of the matter is there are about 10 better teams than ND and all play way tougher opposition week in and week out.

This was a pretty predictable outcome and it made a mockery of the championship game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The BCS computer system loved them. Their favourable schedule helped them for sure. They were better than they showed last night. Not sure what happened. Maybe they lost focus over the holidays. They had more missed tackles in the first quarter last night than their entire season. They were like a deer caught in headlights.

Perhaps staying an Independent was not a wise choice with their football program. Would be nice to see them in the ACC Division.

The SEC is so strong though. So many good teams there.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:The BCS computer system loved them. Their favourable schedule helped them for sure. They were better than they showed last night. Not sure what happened. Maybe they lost focus over the holidays. They had more missed tackles in the first quarter last night than their entire season. They were like a deer caught in headlights.

Perhaps staying an Independent was not a wise choice with their football program. Would be nice to see them in the ACC Division.

The SEC is so strong though. So many good teams there.

Purdue, Pitt, BYU... awful teams that they barely beat at home. Stanford actually beat them but their TD wasn't allowed, Michigan turned the ball over 6 times and beat themselves, USC was an absolute joke this year, and Oklahoma was a good win but looking back at it is less impressive now than it was then because of how badly the Sooners were beat by the Agies. Oh, and they played 8 of 12 games at home, the one in Ireland is basically a home game and they played frigging Navy.

Notre Dame was a pretender all year long, simple as that. They were not better than last night showed because if they played that game in Alabama it would have been worse. If they play it in Indiana at home it's the same outcome.

Oregon was the obvious choice looking back at things to be playing in that game but hey, they lost to Stanford at home, a game they should have indeed won. They pounded K State who was there right until they lost to Baylor.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, after watching what Texas A&M and Miss St did to the Oklahoma and Pitt respectively anyone who didn't see this coming was just totally blind to reality.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

And yes, not being in an actual conference kills ND... playing the Big 10 as much as they do also hurts them because that's the most overrated conference in college football. WOuld have been criminal if Ohio State played ND in that game and if the Buckeyes were eligible that's what would have happened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum