GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The hoax that wasn't a hoax after all

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The hoax that wasn't a hoax after all Empty The hoax that wasn't a hoax after all Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/No-hoax-Capitals-mistakenly-engraved-on-Prince-?urn=nhl-261871

Hawks fan sees "Washington" engraved on the Prince of Wales trophy, takes photos, tweets and uploads. Nobody believes him, and a little later the HHoF says, no, the trophy is A-OK with Philadelphia engraved on it, so it must be a hoax. Turns out, nope, it wasn't. The engraver must have mixed up 'President's" and "Prince of Wales".

Or was that all an elaborate scheme by Verizon/Motorola/Google to get the name 'Android' out in print?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Poor guy, the NHL or someone should give him a reward of some sort for his troubles.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum