GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Irish get blown out in BCS title game by Alabama... Manti Te'o's "girlfriend" a hoax

+4
NEELY
spader
Ev
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They dismantled Oklahoma 30-13 last night. The Irish D were HUGE! Manti Te'o once again showing he's worthy of being in the "Heisman" discussion. Golson continues to develop and mature.

GO IRISH GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 3 times in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm curious why Canadians would have a favourite college football team.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:i'm curious why Canadians would have a favourite college football team.

Ya, it's just like how Canadians can't have favourite NFL teams, MLB teams (other than the Jays), and American tv shows and movies. We're restricted to Canadian things. Myself, I only like insulin, zambonis, and Alanis Morissette.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No, I also mean Americans. Never understood how they like a team when they have never been to that school.

I am generally curious as to why Shabbs would feel attached to the Irish. I would like to know for psychological research advancements.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:i'm curious why Canadians would have a favourite college football team.
I love the NCAAF. College football is some of the best football out there. I became a ND fan almost by accident as someone gave me a ND hat when I was young and I just stuck with them growing up.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:No, I also mean Americans. Never understood how they like a team when they have never been to that school.

I am generally curious as to why Shabbs would feel attached to the Irish. I would like to know for psychological research advancements.

It's the same way that people like a team from a town they don't live in. You can find your team any number of ways. For example, someone from Ottawa could become an intolerable Penguins fan because they're in love with Crosby. Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:No, I also mean Americans. Never understood how they like a team when they have never been to that school.

Heh. Cuz it's in my nature to cheer for someone and root for a win. I love competition but having a team to follow, research and cheer for makes it better. Good buddy of mine growing up was a Michigan Wolverines fan, always a big rivalry with the Irish.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

It's the same way that people like a team from a town they don't live in. You can find your team any number of ways. For example, someone from Ottawa could become an intolerable Penguins fan because they're in love with Crosby. Sarcasm

I will leve this to Slava Malamud:

"Is there a sport on Earth less relevant than US college American Football? 2nd level, obscure game, teams don't even represent cities..."

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ugh, Irish are for real... the fact the went into Boomer Sooner and beat one of the best teams in the nation is just impressive. There's an obvious top 4 now and the Irish will be in a big time bowl game now.

I wanted to see them win on the road against someone decent, well they did that in spades. Unreal.

EDIT: Although that helps Oregon because now Kansas States win in Oklahoma doesn't look so impressive seeing as that is their 2nd loss at home this year. Hopefully Oklahoma can lose another and Kansas drops the ball at some point. Ducks will run the table but not sure if their schedule is tough enough to get the chance to play Bama.

Last edited by NEELY on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:They dismantled Oklahoma 30-13 last night. The Irish D were HUGE! Manti Te'o once again showing he's worthy of being in the "Heisman" discussion. Golson continues to develop and mature.

GO IRISH GO!!!

Might go first overall too, unreal how good he is.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well I originally got into it because I saw Oregon play one day against Oregon state and loved the uniforms (best uni's in sports) and I've been hooked ever since and am now a Ducks fan. Great program and always competing for the Pac 10... sorry Pac 12 title.

NCAAF and NCAAB are both better then their pro counterparts because the real emotion comes out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would agree about basketball but I think the NFL is still miles better than college football. I just can't get into NCAA football until they put in a real playoff system.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonna be a long time before a real playoff system is in place, if ever. They approved a "4-team" playoff model that will start in 2014 but it really doesn't do much, other than generate more money for the NCAA if you ask me.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I would agree about basketball but I think the NFL is still miles better than college football. I just can't get into NCAA football until they put in a real playoff system.

There is no question the NFL is a better product in terms of the overall level of play but that doesn't make it more entertaining. Sometimes the imperfection it was make college sports so great. Just like the college game and atmosphere better than the NFL.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Gonna be a long time before a real playoff system is in place, if ever. They approved a "4-team" playoff model that will start in 2014 but it really doesn't do much, other than generate more money for the NCAA if you ask me.

Well in defense of that 4 team system... right now there are only 4 teams worthy of being talked about in that light and one will destroy the other 3 anyways. 4 teams is about right. Make one of the games the Rose Bowl, make the other the Orange Bowl, winners of both meet in the Championship game. That's what I would do anyways.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum