GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prager's Brackets 2012

+10
tim1_2
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DirtyDave
dennycrane
Riprock
shabbs
spader
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

61Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

By the way, Prager's Prackets would have been more cleverer. Beer

62Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:By the way, Prager's Prackets would have been more cleverer. Beer

THe only thing worse than being clever (witty) is not being clever (witty). You should have gone with witty. My MP shoutout would have been less awkward.

OK, two more series done with Tuk Tuk and some guy named wprager sharing the lead at 11. A Sens win tomorrow will push me into a clear lead, but if Washington wins it this afternoon then dennycrane will pick up a full 3 points for the lead. No matter, the Sens will win it in 6 tomorrow and I'll be back in the lead Smile

63Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The West has been decided:
LAK @ STL
NSH @ PHX

In the East, New Jersey is facing elimination tonight, the Boston/Washington game 7 tomorrow, and Ottawa/Rangers on Thursday. If Devils win tonight they'll join us in 7th Heaven on Thursday.

All of this means that Round One *WILL BE* finished Thursday night (or early Friday, if we are lucky). I *believe* that Round Two will then begin on Saturday, but so far no games have been scheduled. Be prepared to make your picks and PM them to me before puck drops on Round Two.

64Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PANIC TIME!!!!! Game 1 of the Nashville @ Phoenix series goes Friday!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&user_input=jobing.com+aren&q=jobing.com+arena&search.x=0&search.y=0

Picks must be in by puck-drop.

65Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cussed if I know. How do you pick winners in the West?

66Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Best case scenario for me this round is 5 of a possible 16 points.

67Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Cussed if I know. How do you pick winners in the West?

You figure out who will lose, then pick the other team. Easy.

68Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, WAS7 is it. Boston is gone. Way back in January I predicted it, so why the hell did I not pick it? Oh, well, at least nobody else picked Washington, so no points gained or lost in that one.

69Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:54 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Best case scenario for me this round is 5 of a possible 16 points.

Weird round one. Ahhhhh!

70Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here are the what-if scenarios:

Rangers and Panthers (home teams) both win:
Tuk Tuk and and dennycrane tied for 1st, 3 others tied for third. Spread between top and bottom is 10 points (quite a few of you with just 4 points).

Rangers and Panthers both lose (trend of road team winning continues):
I take over the lead, with Tuk Tuk two points back, and dennycrane in 3rd, spread between top and bottom inches up to 11.

Sens and Panthers win (continues trend of G6 survivor losing)
SSF in 1st, just 1 point ahead of me in 2nd, with Tuk Tuk another point back in 3rd, spread between top and bottom rises to 12 (Bill, oh my, 2 points).

Rangers and Panthers win (continuing no discernible trend)
Tuk Tuk and dennycrane share the lead, three of you tied for 3rd, spread top to bottom back to 10.

71Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Some of you have already sent me picks for the Western semis. You don't have to. Puck-drop Friday is the deadline. If you send the in in two parts it's just more work for me, and more opportunities to make a mistake.

72Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Well, WAS7 is it. Boston is gone. Way back in January I predicted it, so why the hell did I not pick it? Oh, well, at least nobody else picked Washington, so no points gained or lost in that one.

You did predict that they would be a playoff dud...and then you picked them to win. You failed to put your money where your mouth was.

To be fair, they were playing Washington, who looked fairly mediocre through most of the year. Braden Holtby...clutch.

73Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To be fair, I did not predict them to be a playoff dud, I just thought eventually they would cool off, and they did. And I didn't think Holtby would be channeling Patrick Roy either.

74Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:PANIC TIME!!!!! Game 1 of the Nashville @ Phoenix series goes Friday!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&user_input=jobing.com+aren&q=jobing.com+arena&search.x=0&search.y=0

Picks must be in by puck-drop.

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

75Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHL.com still doesn't show any games scheduled for Round 2.

76Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:NHL.com still doesn't show any games scheduled for Round 2.

Can I still panic anyway?

77Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

No, wait until ...

wait for it

tonight.

78Prager's Brackets 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets 2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

No, wait until ...

wait for it

tonight.

I won't be around so... Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum