GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prager's Brackets - 2011!

+13
SensGirl11
dennycrane
stempniaksen
shabbs
SDH89
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Bramlet07
spader
tim1_2
Ev
SensHulk
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Prager's Brackets - 2011! Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's almost that time again!  The format will be the same as last year:

1. Every round, for each series, you pick a winner and the number of games. You don't have to pick all the rounds at once.
2. You start off with 4 points just because. You then get 2 points for each correct outcome (winner) you picked in round one, plus a bonus point if you not only picked the winner, but also the correct number of games.
3. Each round the points double, so in round 2 you get 4 points for predicting the winner and 2 bonus points if you also picked the number of games.
4. Picks are due by puck-drop of the earliest game in each round.  If you do not get your picks in on time I will pick the home team in 7 on your behalf.

So each round carries a possible 24 points, and the four rounds plus the gimme points (I used to call them "ante up" when I ran it as a money pool -- you got 4 points when you paid in) add up to a possible 100 points.

The beauty of this set us is that nobody gets eliminated early on (like I did that one and only time I played a March Madness pool and my two picks for the Finals were done in the first two rounds).  It also makes for some interesting "Hail Mary" picks in the later rounds.

Feel free to PM me if you want in.  I'll send out a mass-PM when it gets closer to the playoffs.

Here's a link to last year's pool thread -- anyone remember who finished first?
http://www.gmhockey.com/t4349-prager-s-brackets-2010-edition

EDIT: here is the link to the spreadsheet with everyone's picks -- good luck to all (especially me):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/955066/2011_PlayOffs_Pool.xls

Last edited by wprager on Fri May 19, 2017 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I was 2nd last year....this time Bramlet107 won't beat me!

Tantrum

3Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Do we win anything this time around you cheap female parental unit diddler?

LOL just kidding

4Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Do we win anything this time around you cheap female parental unit diddler?

LOL just kidding

Bragging rights for an entire year. And you can't put a price tag on that.

5Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Do we win anything this time around you cheap female parental unit diddler?

LOL just kidding

Bragging rights for an entire year. And you can't put a price tag on that.

well...then I sorely misused my 2nd place honor.....

6Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:19 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

2nd place gets squat. If you're not first, you're last.

7Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:23 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:2nd place gets squat. If you're not first, you're last.

You sound like a leafs fan talking smack about the sens making it to the stanley cup finals....

8Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:2nd place gets squat. If you're not first, you're last.

You sound like a leafs fan talking smack about the sens making it to the stanley cup finals....
Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1

9Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, all the matchups have been decided. Here are the series (home team, in bold, listed second):

East
NYR @ WAS
BUF @ PHI
MTL @ BOS
TBL @ PIT

West
CHI @ VAN
LAK @ SJS
PHX @ DET
NAS @ ANA

When sending me your picks, please try to use the above order, and simply state the three-letters representing the team, followed by a number. For example: PHI4 would indicate Philadelphia sweeping their series with Buffalo.

The picks must be in my Inbox by puck drop on the night of the first game of the round, which will be Wednesday night, April 13, at 7:05-ish PM.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

I forgot i won last year, here ive been not flaunting my Victory around.

oh and wprager playoffs start wednesday night not thursday.

11Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:I forgot i won last year, here ive been not flaunting my Victory around.

Yeah, I was just coming here to correct that. I forget what site I was at but it was one of the mainstream ones (like TSN). Maybe I mis-read; maybe they meant the *East* playoffs start on Thursday.

12Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:I forgot i won last year, here ive been not flaunting my Victory around.

Yeah, I was just coming here to correct that. I forget what site I was at but it was one of the mainstream ones (like TSN). Maybe I mis-read; maybe they meant the *East* playoffs start on Thursday.

Nope, not even that. I don't know what the heck it was. They were talking about the Habs/Bruins series (which *does* start Thursday) but they were talking about it like was the start of the playoffs.

Whatever. It's been fixed up now.

13Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1 With the avatar it's very amusing.

14Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm in, PMed my picks.

15Prager's Brackets - 2011! Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2011! Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I won the inaugural bracket pool. Does that count for anything?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum