GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rick Nash thread

+6
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
SensHulk
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Howson should ask for the farm. He will get his price for sure.

I really doubt he'll get Del Zetto, McDonagh, Gardiner or any other prospect of such caliber. Teams would be filling a hole with Nash and opening up a hole elsewhere.

He'd probably want Karlsson from us if the Sens were on Nash's list.

Ha. I wouldn't trade Karlsson for Nash even if they threw in their 1st this year. Fact.

32The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Obviously. The only way I would trade for Nash was if it as an upgrade on the current position. So, Butler + 1st + prospect (as an example). Obviously which is not good enough for Columbus.

33The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Obviously. The only way I would trade for Nash was if it as an upgrade on the current position. So, Butler + 1st + prospect (as an example). Obviously which is not good enough for Columbus.

Exactly. I'm sure that kind of package gets laughed at, but that's probably the best that Ottawa would offer. Unless, of course, they decided to try to upgrade on Michalek and went with 9MM, 1st, Zbad/Puempel/Noesen/Silf. That would probably do it. Worth it? I honestly don't know.

34The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:59 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Teams get alot more desperate after playoff failures. I also think Howson will get his return he seeks

35The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Teams get alot more desperate after playoff failures. I also think Howson will get his return he seeks

He may get more, but his demands are nuts. He wants to make up for all their years of bad drafting in one trade.

36The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Riprock wrote:Obviously. The only way I would trade for Nash was if it as an upgrade on the current position. So, Butler + 1st + prospect (as an example). Obviously which is not good enough for Columbus.

Exactly. I'm sure that kind of package gets laughed at, but that's probably the best that Ottawa would offer. Unless, of course, they decided to try to upgrade on Michalek and went with 9MM, 1st, Zbad/Puempel/Noesen/Silf. That would probably do it. Worth it? I honestly don't know.

Thing is, while I believe personally Nash is a better player than Michalek, Michalek is having a career year. Right now, Nash is arguably better than Michalek. Makes no sense for Ottawa to move him. Same with Kessel (32 goals).

37The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:
spader wrote:

Thing is, while I believe personally Nash is a better player than Michalek, Michalek is having a career year. Right now, Nash is arguably better than Michalek. Makes no sense for Ottawa to move him. Same with Kessel (32 goals).

I agree that it probably doesn't make sense to make the trade that I proposed (I thought about it more after posting that I wasn't sure). On the other hand, when you say that Michalek is having a career year, do you mean out of his years in Ottawa? He's pacing for 35/21/56. From 06-07 through 08-09 he posted 26/40/66, 24/31/55, and 23/34/57. He's certainly having a career year goal-wise, but his production is now in line with his production when he was a Shark. I wouldn't say he's having a career year so much as he's finally becoming the player that Murray thought he was trading for. If he can hit the ground running (and get a couple assists in the first half of the year Laugh1 ), there's no reason why he can't have a career year next year. Either way, I love what he brings to the table and think that he's really earning his cap hit right now.

38The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Nash is close to twice the cap hit as MM, I don't think he's that much better to be worth it.

39The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:57 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Nash is close to twice the cap hit as MM, I don't think he's that much better to be worth it.

Ya, the more I think about it, the more I realize how much you'd have to pay for what amounts to an upgrade, but not one proportional to the price.

40The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Ya, the more I think about it, the more I realize how much you'd have to pay for what amounts to an upgrade, but not one proportional to the price.

It might impact us resigning Cowen etc. down the road.

We have NO bad long-term contracts on this team.

41The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:07 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Ole!

42The Rick Nash thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Bite your tongue, and knock on wood! Dammit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum