GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rick Nash thread

+6
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
SensHulk
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:This is now an unmitigated disaster in CB with all of this coming out. Something's gotta give... summer time will be a time of changes.
Again. They made a lot of moves last summer.
But will it be player moves.. or GM moves...

Wink

17The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:10 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Howsen or who ever is GM will get a better return at the draft by some team that feels they need to get "over the top". NYR doesn't get past the 2nd round this year you can bet he becomes a Ranger.

18The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Howsen or who ever is GM will get a better return at the draft by some team that feels they need to get "over the top". NYR doesn't get past the 2nd round this year you can bet he becomes a Ranger.
I'd buy that.

19The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Howsen or who ever is GM will get a better return at the draft by some team that feels they need to get "over the top". NYR doesn't get past the 2nd round this year you can bet he becomes a Ranger.

San Jose and a number of other teams probably as well. I am sure Burke will try again, landing Nash would distract everyone from the awful job he's doing.

20The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:

San Jose and a number of other teams probably as well. I am sure Burke will try again, landing Nash would distract everyone from the awful job he's doing.

Toronto doesn't have the players, picks, or prospects that can land Nash. NYR does.

21The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Toronto doesn't have the players, picks, or prospects that can land Nash. NYR does.

I am just saying Burke will try. He's always looking for a sucker to take Toronto overrated trash.

NYR is definately the frontrunner unless they win the cup.

22The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Disgaree - they do, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to part with what Columbus would ant.

Like Gardiner/Schenn, Kessel, 1st rnd pick and/or prospects like Kadri, Colborne, McKegg, Frattin, Percy, etc.

23The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:
Disgaree - they do, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to part with what Columbus would ant.

Like Gardiner/Schenn, Kessel, 1st rnd pick and/or prospects like Kadri, Colborne, McKegg, Frattin, Percy, etc.

They won't move Gardiner, if they wanted to Nash would be a Leaf by now.

Schenn sucks, I've been reading how he's supposedly so much better than Karlsson for years. Kadri as well, he still can't make the team ?

The other guys scream overrated as well, like all Leafs prospects are. Nothing "blue chip" in there that Columbus can build around.

24The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Schenn and Karlsson are completely different players. Schenn is actually at worst a decent shutdown guy. That much should be acknowledged. He is among the league leaders in hits and blocked shots.

And I said Toronto COULD get Nash, not WOULD. Just disagreeing with Neely's opinion they lack pieces that would be able to land Nash. It didn't happen, because I said Columbus asked for too much and Toronto wasn't dumb enough to trade away future.

25The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Schenn and Karlsson are completely different players. Schenn is actually at worst a decent shutdown guy. That much should be acknowledged. He is among the league leaders in hits and blocked shots.

And I said Toronto COULD get Nash, not WOULD. Just disagreeing with Neely's opinion they lack pieces that would be able to land Nash. It didn't happen, because I said Columbus asked for too much and Toronto wasn't dumb enough to trade away future.

Gardiner, 1st, Kessel/Lupul/Grabo would probably do it. They definitely have the pieces. So do the Sens, but they'd never trade Karlsson, or Spezza. Michalek, 1st, Lehner would probably do it, too. Not gonna happen.

26The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:21 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Maybe if Kessel was going back, yes, then I agree. That said it would totally defeat the purpose of going out and getting Nash. Even then Kessel is a better player IMO.

27The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:24 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Riprock wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Maybe if Kessel was going back, yes, then I agree. That said it would totally defeat the purpose of going out and getting Nash. Even then Kessel is a better player IMO.

Agreed. It wouldn't make sense for them to trade. I guess what you meant earlier was that they don't have the pieces to make a trade for Nash make sense. They do have the pieces, but it would be crazy to make that kind of move.

On your other point, Kessel is a very good hockey player, but I think Nash brings more to the table. Just my opinion, though.

28The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Nash isn't worth for any team unless you think you're on the cusp of winning the Cup.

You'd have to gut your entire farm system to satisfy Howson's demands.

29The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Howson should ask for the farm. He will get his price for sure.

30The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Howson should ask for the farm. He will get his price for sure.

I really doubt he'll get Del Zetto, McDonagh, Gardiner or any other prospect of such caliber. Teams would be filling a hole with Nash and opening up a hole elsewhere.

He'd probably want Karlsson from us if the Sens were on Nash's list.

31The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Howson should ask for the farm. He will get his price for sure.

I really doubt he'll get Del Zetto, McDonagh, Gardiner or any other prospect of such caliber. Teams would be filling a hole with Nash and opening up a hole elsewhere.

He'd probably want Karlsson from us if the Sens were on Nash's list.

Ha. I wouldn't trade Karlsson for Nash even if they threw in their 1st this year. Fact.

32The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Obviously. The only way I would trade for Nash was if it as an upgrade on the current position. So, Butler + 1st + prospect (as an example). Obviously which is not good enough for Columbus.

33The Rick Nash thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rick Nash thread Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Obviously. The only way I would trade for Nash was if it as an upgrade on the current position. So, Butler + 1st + prospect (as an example). Obviously which is not good enough for Columbus.

Exactly. I'm sure that kind of package gets laughed at, but that's probably the best that Ottawa would offer. Unless, of course, they decided to try to upgrade on Michalek and went with 9MM, 1st, Zbad/Puempel/Noesen/Silf. That would probably do it. Worth it? I honestly don't know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum