GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+17
rooneypoo
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
cash
dennycrane
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
Ev
shabbs
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 24]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not sure why we made that trade. Does anyone know Gilroy as a player? I can't recall him being anything special at all.

He was a hyped college player in 2009, won the Hobey Baker Award. Murray probably wanted him and is now making up for losing him to New York.

Maybe he can reach his potential under MacLean.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Pahlsson is a great pick up by Canucks.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not sure why we made that trade. Does anyone know Gilroy as a player? I can't recall him being anything special at all.

Little more offensive than Lee, little more physical... They are both decent #6 d men. They may have felt Lee wasn't going to be anything more than a 6 here at best and they want to give Gilroy a 2 month try out to see what he can bring.

Not too sure what to think but I doubt it has a big effect if any at all.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:
cash wrote:
NEELY wrote:I think Lee had turned himself into a nice NHL D man but this does open up a spot as Wideman, Blood, and possibly Claeson will be stepping into Bingo next year.

I honestly think this is a pretty lateral move but you will get more offense from Gilroy than Lee.
So they need to trade a D-man finally proving he's an NHL regular to open a spot for guys that are 2-3 years away, at a minimum? what... the... Diddle... is ... this.

I honestly don't know. Perhaps they just like Gilroy better than Lee. I have no real thoughts on it other than it's a totally lateral move.
While it's hardly the most significant move, I was enjoying Lee's performances. He was very strong in his own end and was factoring in almost every game. The fact that we were undefeated in regulation with Lee in the lineup really isn't coincidence.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Brian Lee gone = end of Muckler era officially

Brian Murray has shown me that he suck ar$e at deadline day trades - Commodore, Stillman, The Expert, Cullen etc. all gonzo...

But the Fisher and Kelly trades were good, and this year he got started really early getting Turris and a few days ago Big Ben

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If they think Gilroy and Lee are on par in terms of their play on the defensive side of the puck, Gilroy has a better shot and a little more offensive awareness than Lee while being a little more physical.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:

He was a hyped college player in 2009, won the Hobey Baker Award. Murray probably wanted him and is now making up for losing him to New York.

Maybe he can reach his potential under MacLean.
That's the most logical explanation. I'm not sure I agree with that thinking though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:

Brian Murray has shown me that he suck ar$e at deadline day trades - Commodore, Stillman, The Expert, Cullen etc. all gonzo...

But the Fisher and Kelly trades were good, and this year he got started really early getting Turris and a few days ago Big Ben

Yup. And guys like Stillman and Cullen were brought in to "get Fish going" and he just dragged them down. Laugh1 Laughing3

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

He's awful defensively, just what we need.

Probably want a RH shot on the 2nd PP unit.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Love the Pahlsson deal for Canucks still... playoff warrior, excellent defensive forward.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He's not "awful" defensivly. He's pretty vanilla just like Lee.

They don't have a RH shot on the 2nd PP unit though, you're right.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Love the Pahlsson deal for Canucks still... playoff warrior, excellent defensive forward.

Any Slats updates?

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 7 Slats13

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:If they think Gilroy and Lee are on par in terms of their play on the defensive side of the puck, Gilroy has a better shot and a little more offensive awareness than Lee while being a little more physical.
Lee's first pass and his physical game were real assets that were clearly lacking when Carkner was in instead of him. I still don't understand the move, but w/e its done. Hopefully Gilroy comes in an plays well.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

To play with young Philly?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Rangers suck. I'll personally trade them Gilroy back for B Dubs

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:

Yup. And guys like Stillman and Cullen were brought in to "get Fish going" and he just dragged them down. Laugh1 Laughing3
Cullen was awesome and Stillman was too when they finally teamed him up with Kelly and Vermette.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:I think Lee had turned himself into a nice NHL D man but this does open up a spot as Wideman, Blood, and possibly Claeson will be stepping into Bingo next year.

I honestly think this is a pretty lateral move but you will get more offense from Gilroy than Lee.

OR Ryan Suter.... LOL

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Riprock wrote:Rangers suck. I'll personally trade them Gilroy back for B Dubs
there's a pretty big + coming back from our side

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum