GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+17
rooneypoo
KidKarlsson
sandysensfan
cash
dennycrane
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
Ev
shabbs
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 24]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Matt Gilroy played 3 years with Gryba

Hmm, interesting. That means a lot of scouting went into Gilroy as well.

I think Murray knew what he was doing with this move.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What a shocking trade. Diddle...

GREAT for Buffalo. One of the trades of the year IMO.

Buffalo got a #2 center. Hodgson was #3 at best in Vancouver and probably always would have been, they didn't need him. They needed a Kassian because that guy will go toe to toe with Lucic and perhaps put up the same kind of points he does as well.

Vancouver got the player they needed, not the player that's about as redundant as you can get.

If they wanted a player with grit and the ability to get under people's skin, they should have landed Ott. Kassian is inexperienced as can be and no one knows if he'll be a big time player in this league. Hodgson was Rookie of the Month twice this year I believe and was JUST putting it all together. Bewildering trade, they could have gotten so much more for Hodgson IMO. So much more...

Woo hoo, rookie of the month. Who cares? Kassian is a guy that can change a game by just being on the ice, Hodgson is a nice player but people are making him out to be way more than he actually is.

The good thing here is Buffalo is officially the easiest team in the NHL to play against, lol. Boston and Ottawa are going to beat up on them for years.

No kidding. Gaustad and Kassian out, Cottonball Hodgson in. Ouch.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

As a D pairing? If so, neat.

Not sure. Not sure how to find that out either. Maybe I'll ask around.

Both shoot right though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Buffalo got a #2 center. Hodgson was #3 at best in Vancouver and probably always would have been, they didn't need him. They needed a Kassian because that guy will go toe to toe with Lucic and perhaps put up the same kind of points he does as well.

Vancouver got the player they needed, not the player that's about as redundant as you can get.

If they wanted a player with grit and the ability to get under people's skin, they should have landed Ott. Kassian is inexperienced as can be and no one knows if he'll be a big time player in this league. Hodgson was Rookie of the Month twice this year I believe and was JUST putting it all together. Bewildering trade, they could have gotten so much more for Hodgson IMO. So much more...

Woo hoo, rookie of the month. Who cares? Kassian is a guy that can change a game by just being on the ice, Hodgson is a nice player but people are making him out to be way more than he actually is.

The good thing here is Buffalo is officially the easiest team in the NHL to play against, lol. Boston and Ottawa are going to beat up on them for years.

Yeah, that part is true. I think Hodgson buys you Ott without question - maybe even Morrow. I'll be interested to see how Kassian does for the Nucks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Both shoot right though.

Gilroy can apparently play both sides.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

KidKarlsson wrote:everyone is getting ready to jump off a cliff here in Vancouver over Hodgson trade... I think it is a good one for them though. Vancouver has enough soft offensive talent with the sisters and Raymond etc. They lose a little scoring in Hodgson but gain extra grit in Kassian. Good piece to add for a playoff bound team
I think that's a good move by Van. Kassian's got the toughness for sure, and the kid can play.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Yeah, that part is true. I think Hodgson buys you Ott without question - maybe even Morrow. I'll be interested to see how Kassian does for the Nucks.

Maybe they want a guy that will be in the organization for more than a couple years? Kassian is probably the perfect player for Vancouver to land.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Both shoot right though.

I tried that. Apparently impossible.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Maybe they want a guy that will be in the organization for more than a couple years? Kassian is probably the perfect player for Vancouver to land.

I continue to believe that Ott would have been the perfect fit. Like a glove IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Both shoot right though.

Not for Gilroy the Great! Ahhhhh!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Both shoot right though.

Your source was The Hockey News...

Anyway, every time this question comes up, every guy "can play both sides of the ice," but it never seems to pan out. Remember when Rundblad could play the left side, too?

I will believe it when I see it. If he played on the left with Gryba, that too would be a good indicator.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeBrun says that the mighty Wings wanted Gaustad as well but didn't have the 1st rounder required. You may recall this pick was dealt away in the brilliant Quincey deal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Both shoot right though.

Anyway, every time this question comes up, every guy "can play both sides of the ice," but it never seems to pan out. Remember when Rundblad could play the left side, too?

I will believe it when I see it. If he played on the left with Gryba, that too would be a good indicator.

Looks like he's playing on the left in a youtube highlight that sandysensfan posted. But youtube is the source on that one so who knows.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think odds on favourite to win the West is Nashville now - even though they paid a horrendous price to add The Goose.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gilroy was paired the most with Brian Strait (in Penguins organization).

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Gilroy was paired the most with Brian Strait (in Penguins organization).

Yeah, a lefty. So, again, unless the Pens decided to re-write the book on Dmen...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Both shoot right though.

Looks like he's playing on the left in a youtube highlight that sandysensfan posted. But youtube is the source on that one so who knows.

Hey, if Gilroy can play both sides, that's fantastic. That's a real asset -- it's not something many D can do. I just want to know for sure that he can do it on a regular basis at this level.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Both shoot right though.

Hey, if Gilroy can play both sides, that's fantastic. That's a real asset -- it's not something many D can do. I just want to know for sure that he can do it on a regular basis at this level.

So do I. We'll all wait for you to decide if that's the case since internet sources have been unreliable thus far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum