GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits!

+8
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
shabbs
rooneypoo
spader
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

haha, well played.

32Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Peckham re-signed: 1 year / $1.075M.

33Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yakupov signs ELC.

34Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Contract extensions already underway with Taylor Hall, who is entering the final year of his ELC.

0.75 PPG, 0.5 PIM/game, -12.

35Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Contract extensions already underway with Taylor Hall, who is entering the final year of his ELC.

0.75 PPG, 0.5 PIM/game, -12.

What a bust!

36Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:03 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Katz apologizes for his trip to Seattle:

The owner of the Edmonton Oilers, feeling the heat from fans for threatening to move the NHL team to Seattle, apologized Saturday in full-page newspaper ads.
"I took for granted your support and your love for the Oilers," said Daryl Katz in the open letter.
"That was wrong, and I apologize.
"The simple fact is that the Oilers need Edmonton, and Edmonton needs the Oilers."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406373

37Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. Stoopid Katz.

38Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, what the hell is going on in Edmonton... Katz is asking for even more money but not saying why he needs it... refuses to show up at the meetings with council... mind boggling. So, Council voted to stop negotiations with Katz and co.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407644

Interesting that the city is going to look at going it alone on an arena deal. Man, what a slap in the face that would be.

"Fine, we'll build our own arena, we'll pay for it, and charge YOU a fee to play and take all the concessions etc..."

39Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! - Page 3 Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:So, what the hell is going on in Edmonton... Katz is asking for even more money but not saying why he needs it... refuses to show up at the meetings with council... mind boggling. So, Council voted to stop negotiations with Katz and co.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407644

Interesting that the city is going to look at going it alone on an arena deal. Man, what a slap in the face that would be.

"Fine, we'll build our own arena, we'll pay for it, and charge YOU a fee to play and take all the concessions etc..."

Players won't like that. Can't claim it's HRR if the city owns and leases the arena. And the rent on the arena would then be 100% deductible from the HRR pie. More teams should do that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum