GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits!

+8
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
shabbs
rooneypoo
spader
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Empty Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

First! Sarcasm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Oilers have offered Ales Hemsky a 2yr extension worth $5M per.... Facepalm

Really? That's what you do with a guy that has been on a massive decline?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is this to talk about the Hemsky contract offer?

OK. I was responding to "First."

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:The Oilers have offered Ales Hemsky a 2yr extension worth $5M per.... Facepalm

They'd better trade him. Dammit!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Can Edmonton retract their offer? I mean, when your provincial rival even wishes for him to re-sign with you, you know it's bad.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:The Oilers have offered Ales Hemsky a 2yr extension worth $5M per.... Facepalm

Hemsky must have the same agent as Markov.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Do they really think he's needed on their team? They can and have played without him, and I get that Edmonton struggles to sign FA's, so maybe they think he's the best they can do... but c'mon now, cut bit already.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bahahaha.... well Edmonton might just have made a huge mistake... a Kovalev sized mistake.

Maybe they weren't getting any offers (despite it being early still) that they thought was worth moving him... but even then, why not wait until after the deadline to re-sign if you want to?

Damn though, if Hemsky gets $5M, imagine what Michalek will cost.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Do they really think he's needed on their team? They can and have played without him, and I get that Edmonton struggles to sign FA's, so maybe they think he's the best they can do... but c'mon now, cut bit already.

I don't understand it at all. Sign and trade? Give him the Hossa boot?

10Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm arguing the signing on Twitter. Steffe G says its great... SensChirp is with me and thinks it is bad.

Steffe G citing his .88 PPG since lockout... I use the 69 game played out of 164 in past two seasons, plus less than 0.5 ppg this season.

11Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:22 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:I'm arguing the signing on Twitter. Steffe G says its great... SensChirp is with me and thinks it is bad.

Steffe G citing his .88 PPG since lockout... I use the 69 game played out of 164 in past two seasons, plus less than 0.5 ppg this season.

Ha. If you take his average PPG of .88 and multiply it by his average GP over the last two seasons (34), you end up with a whopping 30ish point projection for him over a full season.

12Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Feels like an overpayment... for sure...

13Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Meh, he feels how he does and he is adamant that for $5M the Oilers could not get a better player (at "0.88 PPG") that actually wants to play in Edmonton.

Not like Hemsky is going to make a huge difference for the Oilers. They need a lot more than just him, and have to wonder if getting a few pieces in return for Hemsky would have helped that more than he would.

14Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

HAhahaha.... here's what Mike Modano had to say about the signing:

"Mike Modano ‏ @9modano Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
2 yrs/10 million for hemsky. Scored over 20 goals twice in 9yrs.. WTF..!!?"

15Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Empty Re: Edmonton Oilers Tidbits & Quick Hits! Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why did the Oilers do this? They have zero idea how to build a franchise properly, it's actually comical. That should have garnered a 1st round pick easily in this weak market. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum