GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BlackBerry Bold - new user's thread (old geezers with advice welcomed)

+11
dennycrane
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 17]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nah, I just saw a couple people post concerns on Twitter about early reviews, but I have no interest, so I didn't bother doing any checking.

It'll be a good thing for RIM, Ottawa high tech companies, and probably the industry in general if the new BB is a hit.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Hardware wise it's basically the same as competition, but I've always preferred their OS's structure. It's way more developped and more practical.
The only problem is they are still looking for some apps like Instagram (facebook says it's coming), Flipboard etc.
I hope the general public will buy it, because I don't want them to die. I've had enough of Apple's yearly "upgrade".

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Reviews have not been negative, but from a stock market point of view, probably too little, too late. We'll see. I think any negative reviews have focused on whether or not this will be enough ti win corporate customers back or not, and the general feeling is "no". Doesn't mean the actual reviews are negative.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

would it be stupid to buy a bold now?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Stocks will be fine. IT went downhill after the announcement because The US launch is "sometime" in March so investors were disappointed. Not BB's fault, they say US carriers took too much time for testing. That's stupid, considering it is already available in UK and next week in Canada. Those Americans...
I have BB stocks myself. Bought them when it was 7$.
I hope they put Alicia Keys all over the commercials, because that's the only way they will win mr (and most importantly miss) everyone. If the actual subscribers (79Millions) decide to upgrade it should be enough to survive at least another year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone? Bueller? I'm looking at a Bold that's at $170 on ebay right nw.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Anyone? Bueller? I'm looking at a Bold that's at $170 on ebay right nw.

That's too much. But depends on what you are doing with your phone I guess. If you just want to text, email and call, there's nothing better than the Bold. But if you want a good smartphone, the Google Nexus 4 is like $350 new unlocked and is wayyyy better.
If you want the keyboard, wait for the Q10 which will be out in March/April

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I already have a smartphone right now (Razr), and I barely use any of the features and I'm kinda sick of the touch screen. How much would you say is the max you'd spend on the latest Bold?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Hardware wise it's basically the same as competition, but I've always preferred their OS's structure. It's way more developped and more practical.
The only problem is they are still looking for some apps like Instagram (facebook says it's coming), Flipboard etc.
I hope the general public will buy it, because I don't want them to die. I've had enough of Apple's yearly "upgrade".

Not that I'm an Apple fan, but y'know you don't HAVE to upgrade!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I know you don't have to upgrade, but at least they should bring some NEW features that justify the cost. The operating system is seriously outdated and has been since the iphone 4. I would say the 4s is still the most valuable one at the moment.
Consumers are starting to realize though, the iPhone 5 is selling way less than they expected.

@Ev, I'd say, if used, unlocked, 150$ is a good price. If new, probably 250.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:Anyone? Bueller? I'm looking at a Bold that's at $170 on ebay right nw.

That's too much. But depends on what you are doing with your phone I guess. If you just want to text, email and call, there's nothing better than the Bold. But if you want a good smartphone, the Google Nexus 4 is like $350 new unlocked and is wayyyy better.
If you want the keyboard, wait for the Q10 which will be out in March/April

I'll add this about the Bold:

1. Screen is small; with the slide it's a little better
2. On mine the keys to the outside (Q, A, Z, O, L) have become difficult -- usually have to push way harder or get nothing; this started happening before it was even 6 months old
3. Music app is very bad -- tuning/speed goes up and down, I'm guessing due to other activities; either the MP3 decoder is crap or (more likely) they aren't allocating enough the CPU to the player, or not quickly enough. I'm not that picky but it bothers even me.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Which Bold? The Bold 9900? If so, that's a pretty good price if it's in good condition.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Which Bold? The Bold 9900? If so, that's a pretty good price if it's in good condition.

Yeah that's the one. Found another for $93.00 right now, 13 hours left in the auction.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Yeah that's the one. Found another for $93.00 right now, 13 hours left in the auction.

Have you tried Kijiji? at least you can SEE the phone. I bought my current phone (HTC ONE S) there. Sometime you get lucky. I bought it from a chick who was desperate for money and has been using the phone for 3 weeks. Got it at like 320, when it was around 500$ new.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Have you tried Kijiji? at least you can SEE the phone. I bought my current phone (HTC ONE S) there. Sometime you get lucky. I bought it from a chick who was desperate for money and has been using the phone for 3 weeks. Got it at like 320, when it was around 500$ new.

Don't really wanna use Kijiji or Craig's List. Just a personal thing. I trust ebay sellers if their feedback is good.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A used BB 9900 in very good condition will probably sell for $230 or so. So keep that in mind.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:A used BB 9900 in very good condition will probably sell for $230 or so. So keep that in mind.

Only reason I think it will be lower is because the new one is coming out very soon. But we'll see!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:A used BB 9900 in very good condition will probably sell for $230 or so. So keep that in mind.

Only reason I think it will be lower is because the new one is coming out very soon. But we'll see!
Maybe. The 9900 is an amazing phone. My only gripe with it is the camera.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum