GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Oh there'll be movement....

For example:

Washington CANNOT let Semin walk in the summer, they must try to get something in return for him, also must move Knuble and try to get some kind of a 2nd line C (they should have acquired Turris).

Carolina CANNOT afford to not re-sign Ruutu and let him walk in the summer

Carolina must move their UFA D-men - period

Edmonton must re-sign Hemsky, but if they don't he MUST be moved before he walks.

Columbus really should try to get Carter out of town before he gets injured again. Pahlsson etc. all the UFAs from Columbus.

And on and on, there'll be movement....no worries.

Errrm....deal in absolutes much?

For Semin/Knuble, I could see both of those guys easily staying put. Washington is in the middle of a playoff race, and teams in this kind of position are usually reluctant to trade away roster players.

Ruutu is injured, so that'll diminish his trade value. He may be resigned (this doesn't do anything for Trade Deadline day).

Hemsky SHOULD be traded (finally).

Columbus...well, agreed, the fire sale should be in full-swing. Trading Carter and/or Nash may not happen until the off-season though. A guy like Pahlsson won't bring in much, so the Blue Jacket's impact on Deadline Day may be minimal.

So, no doubt that there will be trades made, but they may all be pretty minor (again).

It's all yakkityyak at this point, and as more teams fall out of the playoff picture (or climb back in), we'll be able to better speculate as to how interesting the 27th will be.

I'll bet $$ on Washington making a move of some sort - and I think it'll center around Semin ++.

Knuble is gone, if he's not traded by the deadline, I'll be shocked.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Oh there'll be movement....

For example:

Washington CANNOT let Semin walk in the summer, they must try to get something in return for him, also must move Knuble and try to get some kind of a 2nd line C (they should have acquired Turris).

Carolina CANNOT afford to not re-sign Ruutu and let him walk in the summer

Carolina must move their UFA D-men - period

Edmonton must re-sign Hemsky, but if they don't he MUST be moved before he walks.

Columbus really should try to get Carter out of town before he gets injured again. Pahlsson etc. all the UFAs from Columbus.

And on and on, there'll be movement....no worries.

Errrm....deal in absolutes much?

For Semin/Knuble, I could see both of those guys easily staying put. Washington is in the middle of a playoff race, and teams in this kind of position are usually reluctant to trade away roster players.

Ruutu is injured, so that'll diminish his trade value. He may be resigned (this doesn't do anything for Trade Deadline day).

Hemsky SHOULD be traded (finally).

Columbus...well, agreed, the fire sale should be in full-swing. Trading Carter and/or Nash may not happen until the off-season though. A guy like Pahlsson won't bring in much, so the Blue Jacket's impact on Deadline Day may be minimal.

So, no doubt that there will be trades made, but they may all be pretty minor (again).

It's all yakkityyak at this point, and as more teams fall out of the playoff picture (or climb back in), we'll be able to better speculate as to how interesting the 27th will be.

I'll bet $$ on Washington making a move of some sort - and I think it'll center around Semin ++.

I'll see your $$ and raise you a quarter of a double sawbuck.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Ottawa not on Nash's list - which is probably a good thing.

TSN suggests:

Vancouver, Philly, NYR, Toronto, Kings.

Would he not want to go where they have a true #1 centre? He has spent his entire career in Columbus not playing with one... 4 of those teams has that... one doesn't. But of course, he is from Brampton -- so I heard.. so I guess that's where Toronto fits in... but what would they have to give up to get him? A signed Grabovski? Lupul? Schenn? -- a lot more than Kadri & Komisarek + a #1 pick.. that's all the Leaf fans think it would cost to get Nash...
An offer from Toronto is likely going to include Gardiner for sure. One of Kadri, MacArthur, Colborne will probably have to be included and a 1st. If I was Columbus, I'd ask for Gardiner, MacArthur and a 1st. Heh. Schenn could also be on the table I guess. Forget Kadri. Bust.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll bet $$ on Washington making a move of some sort - and I think it'll center around Semin ++.

I guess I could see Semin being traded if the return includes a competent NHL winger. It's hard to imagine Washington would trade guys away without roster players coming back, as they are in the mix. And those aren't the kind of trades you see at the deadline.

Same goes for Knuble.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'll bet $$ on Washington making a move of some sort - and I think it'll center around Semin ++.

I guess I could see Semin being traded if the return includes a competent NHL winger. It's hard to imagine Washington would trade guys away without roster players coming back, as they are in the mix. And those aren't the kind of trades you see at the deadline.

Same goes for Knuble.

I think there could be 2 separate transactions for Semin. First he gets shipped off to another team for a lesser player, then Washington makes a bigger move with some of that cap space. Not sure who they'll target, but if they do nothing, I'd be shocked.

Knuble I could see going this week, but perhaps GM might wait until the deadline - although...I wouldn't trust him to get things done personally if I was the owner guy there Leonis or whatever his name is.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

James "Jurke's Boyfriend" Dutchie just got off the air on TSN Radio after discrediting Eklund and basically saying his rumours are a nuisance and not legit. Next up on 1050? Eklund himself (maybe).

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

TSN suggests:

Would he not want to go where they have a true #1 centre? He has spent his entire career in Columbus not playing with one... 4 of those teams has that... one doesn't. But of course, he is from Brampton -- so I heard.. so I guess that's where Toronto fits in... but what would they have to give up to get him? A signed Grabovski? Lupul? Schenn? -- a lot more than Kadri & Komisarek + a #1 pick.. that's all the Leaf fans think it would cost to get Nash...
An offer from Toronto is likely going to include Gardiner for sure. One of Kadri, MacArthur, Colborne will probably have to be included and a 1st. If I was Columbus, I'd ask for Gardiner, MacArthur and a 1st. Heh. Schenn could also be on the table I guess. Forget Kadri. Bust.

I especially like how Murray played Jurke in the 2009 draft. I remember him asking Jurke (since the laffs were ahead in the draft) if he wanted Kadri, because Murray said he wanted him. Jurke picked Kadri, Murray picked Cowan. The End. Nice.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

TSN suggests:

I especially like how Murray played Jurke in the 2009 draft. I remember him asking Jurke (since the laffs were ahead in the draft) if he wanted Kadri, because Murray said he wanted him. Jurke picked Kadri, Murray picked Cowan. The End. Nice.

not this again lol

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:James "Jurke's Boyfriend" Dutchie just got off the air on TSN Radio after discrediting Eklund and basically saying his rumours are a nuisance and not legit. Next up on 1050? Eklund himself (maybe).

so essentially the real hack is critical of the fake hack?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:James "Jurke's Boyfriend" Dutchie just got off the air on TSN Radio after discrediting Eklund and basically saying his rumours are a nuisance and not legit. Next up on 1050? Eklund himself (maybe).

They are a nuisance sometimes. I have to root through a lot of his BS before getting to a 'legit' source.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so essentially the real hack is critical of the fake hack?

Diddle. I left my desk to take a leak and missed Eklund. Vertigo

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

TSN suggests:

not this again lol
Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kane for Miller talks are heating up...

The madness starts...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Kane for Miller talks are heating up...

The madness starts...

Nah...that'll never happen IMO.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

TSN suggests:

Really? I don't think Gardiner, MacArthur, and a 1st is even close. Maybe I'm overvaluing Nash, but I think the Leafs would have to cough up a lot more than that, especially when the market has such a dearth of legitimate trade bait.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Schenn was a scratch last night? Why is he struggling so much?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Schenn was a scratch last night? Why is he struggling so much?

He's a young defenceman who is in over his head. He plays in a pressure-cooker, with an a-hole for a coach. Plus, who is his partner each night? The answer can't be good.

He doesn't have confidence, and Wilson won't play him with enough regularity to gain confidence.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Schenn was a scratch last night? Why is he struggling so much?

He's a young defenceman who is in over his head. He plays in a pressure-cooker, with an a-hole for a coach. Plus, who is his partner each night? The answer can't be good.

He doesn't have confidence, and Wilson won't play him with enough regularity to gain confidence.

I assume the Leafs are dangling him right now - probably for a young forward. If they'd take our 1st round pick + Gryba, would people here be interested? I would be personally. Right-hander, heavy hitter, plays a smart game when he's on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum