GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New Jersey @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Monday, January 2, 2012

+9
tim1_2
spader
Da lil Guy
Hoags
PTFlea
Hobiesens
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Any updates on BigRig? He left the game with an upper body injury...

No updates yet. Hopefully it's nothing serious, don't want to lose him for any stretch with our "defensive" abilities already questionable (see: giveaways, last night). Not sure if there's a morning skate this AM?
Sens have the day off. Back to practice tomorrow. TBay is in town on Thursday.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Any updates on BigRig? He left the game with an upper body injury...

No updates yet. Hopefully it's nothing serious, don't want to lose him for any stretch with our "defensive" abilities already questionable (see: giveaways, last night). Not sure if there's a morning skate this AM?

Sens have the day off. Back to practice tomorrow. TBay is in town on Thursday.

Then we may not know the severity of Phillips' injury until tomorrow. Nothing looked serious, but you never know.

On a sidenote, is our next game not until Thursday? WTF. I think that is also the same night as the gold medal game. Too much hockey to watch. #firstworldproblems

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The refs sure did us a favour with that call in OT. All Hail The Alfie! Rumours of his demise have been grossly exaggerated.

Also, Matrix played quite well, other than the 2nd NJ goal.

Wasn't that the one where Clarkson was left all alone in front (Lee was standing off to the side, picking his nose)? How can you blame him on that one?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The refs sure did us a favour with that call in OT. All Hail The Alfie! Rumours of his demise have been grossly exaggerated.

Also, Matrix played quite well, other than the 2nd NJ goal.

Wasn't that the one where Clarkson was left all alone in front (Lee was standing off to the side, picking his nose)? How can you blame him on that one?

Yeah, it was a bit of a squeaker. Matrix would probably like to have it back.

That stop on the Kovalchuk breakaway was huge, though, and probably saved the game for us.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It was an excellent win for the team, nice redemption after that SO loss the last time around.

Another big month coming up with a lot of games on the road.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Alfi is unreal. Can't believe what he's doing at almost 40 years old. He has another year or two left in him for sure.

It's all about health. A healthy Alfie can probably push for 2 more years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:
NEELY wrote:Alfi is unreal. Can't believe what he's doing at almost 40 years old. He has another year or two left in him for sure.

It's all about health. A healthy Alfie can probably push for 2 more years.

... and bulk!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A bulky Alfie can probably push.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:A bulky Alfie can probably push.

Like this?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:A bulky Alfie can probably push.

Like this?

That is incredible. Wow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's impossible. What he does at 1:12 is not possible. For a human, that is.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It's impossible. What he does at 1:12 is not possible. For a human, that is.

1:58 is crazy as well. The video just gets more and more amazing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:It's impossible. What he does at 1:12 is not possible. For a human, that is.

1:58 is crazy as well. The video just gets more and more amazing.

When he stacked those blocks I thought he was going to do something even more stupendous -- balance on one hand, flex the arm and grab one of the "free" blocks from the other peg, then vault up (i.e. straighten out the flexed arm) and insert the extra block on the other peg (where he was balancing on one hand). Repeat.

Now *that* would have been ridiculously impossible. As soon as he had trouble balancing on two hands with the stacked blocks I realized what I was thinking was impossible.

But maybe he could do it with just a couple of stacked blocks?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum