GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New Jersey @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Monday, January 2, 2012

+9
tim1_2
spader
Da lil Guy
Hoags
PTFlea
Hobiesens
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Michalek needs to start scoring again, and Spezza needs to start racking up the points again. Foligno needs to start moving his feet like he did 5-7 games ago. Turris needs to shoot more and score a few. Karlsson needs to continue being the best player on the team.
Looks like it was Neil that launched the puck at Gonchar...

Panzeri: "Chris Neil has been revealed as the one who shot the puck that hit Sergei Gonchar in the head and knocked him out of the Buffalo game. #sens"

https://twitter.com/#!/allenpanzeri/status/153873861568495616

CBC *very clearly* showed a clip of Turris slipping the puck into the corner and Gonchar getting hit on the head. At the time I thought it was odd to miss because of that (I'm sure it hurt but I didn't think it was hard enough to knock him out of the game). So it's *possible* that he got dinged not once, but *twice*.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Winnable game. Go Sens!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Winnable game. Go Sens!

Agree. However Habs game was "winnable" as well.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

We've won many games we shouldn't have or deserved to win, sometimes we'll lose games we should have won.

They've won the last two and the post holiday hangover should be over. They're in the mix for a playoff spot and I'm sure MacLean constantly reminds them. I kind of expect a little more consistency from them as they drive for a playoff spot.

The next big test will be the back to back series against Philly this coming weekend. The last one was a blowout I am curious to see how they respond.

wprager wrote:

CBC *very clearly* showed a clip of Turris slipping the puck into the corner and Gonchar getting hit on the head. At the time I thought it was odd to miss because of that (I'm sure it hurt but I didn't think it was hard enough to knock him out of the game). So it's *possible* that he got dinged not once, but *twice*.

It didn't seem like Turris hit Gonchar, he shot the puck at him but I didn't see Gonchar flinch nor the puck change direction after the hit. CBC said they think this is the reason, the Sens never explained why Gonchar was a late scratch until now.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Without Greene and Volchenkov, Devils defence is pretty depleted.

First time in a while I've gotten the feeling a Sens/Devils game could turn into a shooting match.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Da lil Guy wrote:Without Greene and Volchenkov, Devils defence is pretty depleted.

First time in a while I've gotten the feeling a Sens/Devils game could turn into a shooting match.

Hasn't Green missed a few games? I see Dec. 6 as the last update, so their recent surge is without him.

Vochenkov, I agreem will be missed. Especially on offense Facepalm

I think it comes down to goaltending. I Anderson pays like he has last two games, we should win, even if Brodeur plays like he has, recently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:They should win this one. Coming off a back to back wins, at home, tons of momentum, and Anderson playing 2 solid games in a row.

They also need as many points as possible before that huge road trip because that's going to be near impossible to come out 500 or better on. The Western road swing kills Eastern teams.

Five games in 8 nights on the road, starting with a game in TO. It'll be tough, but .500 just means they need to go 2-2-1 or even 1-1-3. I like our chances against the Leafs and Ducks, and Kings and Coyotes all have very similar records to ours (and don't tell me the West is that much more competitive: Vancouver struggled early, three of the bottom five teams are out West, Minnesota was leading the league standings for a while, for crying out loud).

Sure, it won't be a cake walk, but getting .500 should not be considered impossible.

Looking at all our games in January, the only big disadvantage is that we play 10 of 14 on the road. But we also play 6 against teams below us in the standings, and another two that are tied with us (pointwise, at least). And the Kings are just 1 point ahead of us.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, the Sens have 20 points in 19 road games this season. .500 on the road is one of the ingredients for a successful season.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

FORWARDS
Greening - Spezza -Michalek
Condra - Turris - Alfredsson
Foligno - Smith - Butler
Daugavins - Konopka - Neil

Anyone else want to see a little tweak?

FORWARDS
Greening - Spezza -Alfredsson
Condra - Turris - Michalek
Foligno - Smith - Butler
Daugavins - Konopka - Neil

I want to see what Turris and 9MM can do. We know that Spezza and Alfie can take over a game when they're playing well together. I wonder if Milan can help Turris to break out of his shell. I realize that he's been somewhat productive, but he's still playing kind of meekly.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

ThisJustIn! Winter Classic is done, now let's get this going.

Go Sens!GoSensGo!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Winnable game. Go Sens!

That was a dangerous game for the Sens. I remember being a little nervous about it, then Schreiber (sp) and Wilson were saying that it was a game that could easily go either way. There's only so much losing a team can do before they suck it up and have a great game and that was Montreal's game. Sucks that we lost to them, but it was bound to happen. Didn't like the goals on Anderson IIRC, but w/e, that's the story of the season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Sergei Gonchar is wearing a helmet for warmup tonight....

Heh heh.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via the Scanner: Kuba-Karlsson; Spezza-Greening-Michalek start for Sens Foster-Taormina; Parise-Kovalchuk-Henrique for Devils. Anderson vs Brodeur in goal.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Is the colour on the Sportsnet feed weird for anyone else, or just me?

EDIT: Just me.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Lee giveaway = 1-0 NJD

EDIT: Whoa...looks like it stayed out.

Yup. No goal. That was tense.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonchar out at the last second - Carkner in.

What was up with that?

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

After that play, it may be Lee who's out when Gonchar returns.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Da lil Guy wrote:After that play, it may be Lee who's out when Gonchar returns.

Honestly, do you remember the last time Lee had a blunder? It happens, he's thanking his lucky stars it stayed out. I'm also wondering how the hell it got over our 6'3" goalie when it was shot from practically inside the crease.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum