GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New Jersey @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Monday, January 2, 2012

+9
tim1_2
spader
Da lil Guy
Hoags
PTFlea
Hobiesens
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Great comeback. All three Sens goals were great.

Fantastic.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'm giddy right now. Just watched the end. One ofthe few moments I saw live was the second Devils' goal -- horrible play by Lee, his second *bad* play.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This team won't quit, you HAVE to love this as a fan. GoSensGo! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:This team won't quit, you HAVE to love this as a fan. GoSensGo! Ahhhhh!

Oh, we do!

GAME DAY: New Jersey @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Monday, January 2, 2012 - Page 4 01847_10

Look out Penguins!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The refs sure did us a favour with that call in OT. All Hail The Alfie! Rumours of his demise have been grossly exaggerated.

Also, Matrix played quite well, other than the 2nd NJ goal.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Alfi is unreal. Can't believe what he's doing at almost 40 years old. He has another year or two left in him for sure.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Alfi is unreal. Can't believe what he's doing at almost 40 years old. He has another year or two left in him for sure.

I'd say he'll play one more year, max (assuming things go well the rest of this year injury-wise).

He's certainly not as fast as he once was, but he's as crafty as ever, and has great finish. He played almost 24 minutes last night. He has 28 pts in 34 games....not too shabby!

Just looking at his career stats...he's only been a minus player over the course of a year twice: his first season, and last season.

He's the man.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Alfi is unreal. Can't believe what he's doing at almost 40 years old. He has another year or two left in him for sure.

I'd say he'll play one more year, max (assuming things go well the rest of this year injury-wise).

He's certainly not as fast as he once was, but he's as crafty as ever, and has great finish. He played almost 24 minutes last night. He has 28 pts in 34 games....not too shabby!

Just looking at his career stats...he's only been a minus player over the course of a year twice: his first season, and last season.

He's the man.

There's no limit yet on how long he can play. People were writing him offbefore, but this is what he can do when healthy and coupled with elite talent like Karlsson (and Spezza). 2 more years is quite possible.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I suspect Alfie plays one more year and finishes off his commitment to the team like a true leader. I don't see him playing after that but who really knows?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I suspect Alfie plays one more year and finishes off his commitment to the team like a true leader. I don't see him playing after that but who really knows?

The point is that you can't really set a date for him to retire when he's still playing at a near elite level. As long as his body is good to go, I can see him coming back and playing a similar role to Selanne where he plays PP, but not the PK and limited 5 on 5.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I suspect Alfie plays one more year and finishes off his commitment to the team like a true leader. I don't see him playing after that but who really knows?

I think he'll take it year by year like Selanne and Lidstrom.

If his health holds up and he still feels like he has it in him to train and play for another season and the team is looking like a contender I think he'll be back until he physically cannot do it anymore (which will sadly happen sooner or later -- so far it's looking like later).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

I think he'll take it year by year like Selanne and Lidstrom.

If his health holds up and he still feels like he has it in him to train and play for another season and the team is looking like a contender I think he'll be back until he physically cannot do it anymore (which will sadly happen sooner or later -- so far it's looking like later).

I dunno...I get the impression that it is frustrating to The Alfie when he can't play like he used to (i.e. when he is slightly hobbled by injury, etc). Also, he seems to really enjoy his family life, and he has children that he'd probably like to spend more time with.

He's such a down-to-earth guy that a part of him probably can't wait to hang up the skates and just lead a somewhat normal existence. Then there's that other ultra-competitive part of him that would kill to win a Cup.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I think winning rejuvenates. Another year like last year & I wouldn't have blamed him for getting out. Another half-season like this last one, tho', & I can't imagine him not coming back.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Any updates on BigRig? He left the game with an upper body injury...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Any updates on BigRig? He left the game with an upper body injury...

No updates yet. Hopefully it's nothing serious, don't want to lose him for any stretch with our "defensive" abilities already questionable (see: giveaways, last night). Not sure if there's a morning skate this AM?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Any updates on BigRig? He left the game with an upper body injury...

No updates yet. Hopefully it's nothing serious, don't want to lose him for any stretch with our "defensive" abilities already questionable (see: giveaways, last night). Not sure if there's a morning skate this AM?
Sens have the day off. Back to practice tomorrow. TBay is in town on Thursday.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Sens have the day off. Back to practice tomorrow. TBay is in town on Thursday.

Then we may not know the severity of Phillips' injury until tomorrow. Nothing looked serious, but you never know.

On a sidenote, is our next game not until Thursday? WTF. I think that is also the same night as the gold medal game. Too much hockey to watch. #firstworldproblems

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The refs sure did us a favour with that call in OT. All Hail The Alfie! Rumours of his demise have been grossly exaggerated.

Also, Matrix played quite well, other than the 2nd NJ goal.

Wasn't that the one where Clarkson was left all alone in front (Lee was standing off to the side, picking his nose)? How can you blame him on that one?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum