GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

+13
spader
Ev
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
NEELY
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
TheAvatar
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great game. Butler looked sharp, he must have seen Regin taking light practices.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That stat was crazy about the PK going from 68 or something to 85 when Daugavins got here. Also, Condra and Z.Smith are starting to turn heads around the league for sure, with Winchester being a perfect 4th liner. Good night for all.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Peggy wrote:"We're getting raped" is now 1-0.

By the way, Anderson stoning the other team, Butler scoring 2 goals. What is this, March 2011?
Laughing3

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

This was divine Wink

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I had fun going to the game tonight. I was lucky I was in Calgary this week otherwise I'd never get to go back home.

I was all the way up in the Press Level but it's all I could find, it was either $40 cheap seats or $267 glass seats.

Surprised to see quite a few Sens fans in jerseys, I should've brought my heritage jersey on the trip :crossarms: They were pretty loud up in my section, louder than the Flames fans. Alfie got a big cheer when he scored as did Anderson for his big saves.

Calgary looked pretty bad, I feel sorry for Flames fans and Iginla.

P.S it's freezing here Thumbs Down

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I wish I had known you were there ...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Peggy wrote:wow terrible interview by Butler. Wow. Cliches to the max

He may be a sophomore on the ice but a rookie in front of a microphone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good win, but Calgary is terrible. They actually managed one shot on goal in that 5-on-3 and it was something like 57 seconds. On the other hand, Anderson was spectacular on multiple occasions, so this game could easily have gone the other way. What does that say about the way the Sens played?

I don't know. It's a road game, not quite the West Coast but getting there, so coming out with 2 points is a good thing. I'm just wondering if this would have been enough against a better team, like Edmonton.

I thought Lee played pretty well, but I still think we're going to see Rundblad against the quicker Oilers. Plus with Khabibulin in goal we need all the offense we can muster.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Edmonton isn't that much better now that they've started showing their true colours. Sure they are dangerous up front, but their D has been porous in the last 5-6 games, so look for that to continue.

I really do hope the Sens can win against Edmonton, because I sense a thrashing coming against the Canucks.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I only saw the 2nd period unfortunately, but the team looked great. They were really skating, the PP looked sharp, and they were moving the puck around quite well in general. Hopefully this momentum carries over vs. Edmonton. That could be a really entertaining game.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:Edmonton isn't that much better now that they've started showing their true colours. Sure they are dangerous up front, but their D has been porous in the last 5-6 games, so look for that to continue.

I really do hope the Sens can win against Edmonton, because I sense a thrashing coming against the Canucks.

If the Sens win against Edmonton then the road trip was a total success. 3-3 minimum and that's all they needed to do because going out West is not an easy trip. If they lose 15-0 to Vancouver on Sunday night after beating Edmonton, I won't blink an eye. Be nice to get a couple more points though.

Anywas, so far 2-1 on a road trip that they need to come away with 6 points. Great start.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Found the passing to be a lot sharper all around, that helped a lot.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lee probably stays in for the next game. He has had to very good showings in big wins. Go with what's working.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:I wish I had known you were there ...

I replied to your original post where you said you're in town .... Nod

NEELY wrote:Lee probably stays in for the next game. He has had to very good showings in big wins. Go with what's working.

Lee's saving grace is that he is so average, he'll rarely do anything to help us win a game but he'll rarely cost us a game.

Once Rundblad gets his Dung together though ....

I think we won more because Calgary is so bad rather than we are so good. The Flames best player was the referee. I'm glad they kept it together as the refs were doing their best to kill any momentum.

A good team would have capitalized on those PPs the refs gave out and put the game away. PK is getting better at least.

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

TheAvatar wrote:I wish I had known you were there ...

That sounds really happy... kind of a joke, but not really.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A DASH GDT finally gets a win.

Nice.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Lee probably stays in for the next game. He has had to very good showings in big wins. Go with what's working.
Yeah, I foresee no lineup changes vs Edmonton.

GO SENS GO!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:A DASH GDT finally gets a win.

Nice.

Hey now, I did the Leaf one too Razz And I am sure another one in the past as well was also a winning one too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum