GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker

+23
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
shabbs
garblar
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
spader
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
cash
Riprock
The Silfer Server
wprager
NEELY
Da lil Guy
SensHulk
Ev
SensGirl11
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:For those of you that have a better idea than I do about how the AHL and it's feeder leagues work, who do you think will be in Binghamton next season? I'm assuming Puempel, Noesen, Zbad (at least to start), and maybe Silf (if he doesn't go straight to the big show) will be there. Anyone else that we're expecting to come through the pipes?

Another issue.. does the contract the Sens have with Binghamton end this season? Would they consider moving the team closer to Ottawa? Question is... where?

I think Prince is eligible for the AHL next season... Ben Blood will be there... maybe Wideman (I think his name is)...

Some of you guys may know this... but are there any good NCAA players available this year that the Sens could look at? Wasn't there some huge defenseman?

497Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:57 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:For those of you that have a better idea than I do about how the AHL and it's feeder leagues work, who do you think will be in Binghamton next season? I'm assuming Puempel, Noesen, Zbad (at least to start), and maybe Silf (if he doesn't go straight to the big show) will be there. Anyone else that we're expecting to come through the pipes?

Another issue.. does the contract the Sens have with Binghamton end this season? Would they consider moving the team closer to Ottawa? Question is... where?

I think Prince is eligible for the AHL next season... Ben Blood will be there... maybe Wideman (I think his name is)...

Some of you guys may know this... but are there any good NCAA players available this year that the Sens could look at? Wasn't there some huge defenseman?

As far as I can tell, it does. All I can find online is information about the deal that ends this year. No mention of a renewal. Maybe they'll heed AP's words and move the team outta B-town.

498Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Per Joy:

Appears André Petersson's Twitter account has been deleted as a Swedish article with his negative remarks about Binghamton makes the rounds.

Looks like AP is in trouble

499Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:33 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Per Joy:

Appears André Petersson's Twitter account has been deleted as a Swedish article with his negative remarks about Binghamton makes the rounds.

Looks like AP is in trouble

I gotta say, I don't love the guy's attitude. Sure, B-town might be a crappy city, but if he can't see the big picture, that's a problem.

500Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:08 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

he's probably getting alot of negative feedback from his followers so rather than deal with the 'bad press' form his twitter account, its easier to delete it. Or whatever, I do agree he's in some hot water.

501Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

A "Go home, André" chant has also started up in the stands.

https://twitter.com/#!/PSBJoyOnTheSens/status/171022147341389824

Getting worse

502Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Petersson spoke to the media after the game and apologized. Before the game he was awarded the player of the month from the Boosters Club and was booed during the presentation. Here's Joy's blog on it:

http://ht.ly/99HoH

P.S. His twitter account is back.

503Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Games of interest for the Sens today:
- Pitt @ Sabres - Pitt are 3 points up on the Sens, 2 games in hand
- Devils @ Habs - Devils are 2 points up on the Sens, 3 games in hand
- Avs @ Jets - Jets are 6 points behind the Sens, out of a playoff spot
- Ducks @ Panthers - Panthers are 2 up on WAS and in 3rd due to SE Division lead

504Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Games of interest for the Sens today:
- Pitt @ Sabres - Pitt are 3 points up on the Sens, 2 games in hand
- Devils @ Habs - Devils are 2 points up on the Sens, 3 games in hand
- Avs @ Jets - Jets are 6 points behind the Sens, out of a playoff spot
- Ducks @ Panthers - Panthers are 2 up on WAS and in 3rd due to SE Division lead

Go Habs! Go Sabres!

Couldn't really care much about the other match-ups, to be honest. *Someone* from the SE will be in 3rd, nothing to be done about it. And I don't think either Washington or the Panthers will pass the Sens in points unless they both start playing drastically better. I'll say what I said yesterday -- where would either of these teams be if they were playing in the NE or Atlantic?

505Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:40 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Petersson spoke to the media after the game and apologized. Before the game he was awarded the player of the month from the Boosters Club and was booed during the presentation. Here's Joy's blog on it:

http://ht.ly/99HoH

P.S. His twitter account is back.

Good for him to man up and accept the blame. Classy thing to apologize, you don't see that enough. Faith = restored (I hope).

Bingo fans can be a bunch of a-holes though. Read on Joy's twitter that the team got booed off the ice after failing to score on a 5-on-3 to end the 2nd period.......while being up 5-1 in the game.

506Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:46 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I seriosuly couldn't care less what those players think about Bingo as long as they continue to play.

507Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:I seriosuly couldn't care less what those players think about Bingo as long as they continue to play.

No offense, but your opinion is a bit of a moot point unless you happen to live in Bingo. Oilers fans in Edmonton probably would have thought the same if Pronger bad-mouthed St. Louis; until it happened to them.

508Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Andre speaks the truth. God bless you young man!

509Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:29 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKid wrote:I seriosuly couldn't care less what those players think about Bingo as long as they continue to play.

No offense, but your opinion is a bit of a moot point unless you happen to live in Bingo. Oilers fans in Edmonton probably would have thought the same if Pronger bad-mouthed St. Louis; until it happened to them.

Thing is, if he continues to perform well it will have absolutely 0 impact on his NHL future, and that's the only thing that should matter.

510Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

an excerpt from silver sens website

"It's a big step to take," he said, "and I didn't feel mature enough to take that step. I needed this year to make sure I'm ready for it and now I'm sure. I´m ready."

To the question if he would return to Sweden next season if he got sent to the AHL he answered, "No, my goal is to play in the NHL, if Ottawa thinks I need time in the AHL to reach that goal, thats what I'll do."

the full article from a swede watching him most of the year is here

http://www.silversevensens.com/2012/2/18/2809033/i-m-ready-silfverberg-says#storyjump

511Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:

Thing is, if he continues to perform well it will have absolutely 0 impact on his NHL future, and that's the only thing that should matter.

Disagree, somewhat.

It speaks to his maturity and, possibly, character. The fact that he came out and said those things -- even if out of context -- speaks to his immaturity. The fact that he stood up to the criticism, faced the boo-birds and apologized, speaks to his character.

I've said some stupid things in my life, too. This experience will teach him that there is rarely such a thing as "off-the-record" and that anyone with a cellphone (which is pretty much everyone) is just one minute from up-loading a video or audio. Let's face it, it's a multi-billion dollar business and they get multi-million dollar salaries. It's in their best interests to learn to be more discrete about their, umm, indiscretions.

512Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:an excerpt from silver sens website

"It's a big step to take," he said, "and I didn't feel mature enough to take that step. I needed this year to make sure I'm ready for it and now I'm sure. I´m ready."

To the question if he would return to Sweden next season if he got sent to the AHL he answered, "No, my goal is to play in the NHL, if Ottawa thinks I need time in the AHL to reach that goal, thats what I'll do."

the full article from a swede watching him most of the year is here

http://www.silversevensens.com/2012/2/18/2809033/i-m-ready-silfverberg-says#storyjump

Just so people are clear, this post is talking about Silfverberg.

513Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect Tracker Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, we get it, it's in the story URL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum