GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011

+17
spader
DefenceWinsChampionships
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
strachattack
Hobiesens
Ev
rooneypoo
NEELY
Hoags
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
Da lil Guy
Riprock
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:46 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Kadri may be sidelined for 3-4 weeks. Did that happen against the Sens or was he not in the lineup? I honestly don't know.

152Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:48 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Kadri sucks.

Ummm, so how did Murray get Filatov for a 3rd?

I guess that answers my question -- Kadri 8was* in the lineup so he must have hurt his knee against the Sens. Who hit him?

153Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:08 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

If it was Cowen that would be karma. Sarcasm

154Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Slide into the boards.

155Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Kadri may be sidelined for 3-4 weeks. Did that happen against the Sens or was he not in the lineup? I honestly don't know.
He was in the lineup. Not sure when it happened or he was nursing one before the game...

156Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:09 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

I think an article (Citizen or Sun) mentioned that Filatov was on the Sens list for a while. They tried to get him before when the price was higher.

Fast forward to the draft, Filatov issued Howson an ultimatum that either he gets traded or he goes to the KHL. Howson finds no other takers and he goes to Ottawa.

I'm not sure how it went down, at the draft they said the deal came out of left field and Murray gathered the Sens pro scouts and MacLean to discuss it. At that point they agreed Filatov was worth the risk and they pulled the trigger. I think they made a point that they wouldn't have done it if MacLean didn't agree to try and coach Filatov.

I was as excited as anyone, I was felt he'd do well with a fresh start in a new organization and we've got a good track record here.

He looks great on the ice, only concern is whether he'll put up the numbers.

157Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I think an article (Citizen or Sun) mentioned that Filatov was on the Sens list for a while. They tried to get him before when the price was higher.

Fast forward to the draft, Filatov issued Howson an ultimatum that either he gets traded or he goes to the KHL. Howson finds no other takers and he goes to Ottawa.

I'm not sure how it went down, at the draft they said the deal came out of left field and Murray gathered the Sens pro scouts and MacLean to discuss it. At that point they agreed Filatov was worth the risk and they pulled the trigger. I think they made a point that they wouldn't have done it if MacLean didn't agree to try and coach Filatov.

I was as excited as anyone, I was felt he'd do well with a fresh start in a new organization and we've got a good track record here.

He looks great on the ice, only concern is whether he'll put up the numbers.

I'd still be kicking Howsen's arse if I owned that team. Don't let players issue ultimatums, Diddle that. You let him go to the KHL, but you tell him to have an out clause for the NHL. Then you tell his agent to shop him and you do the same. Could take a while, but I'd rather let him rot in the KHL than get back a 3rd for a 6th overall pick.

158Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:32 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I'd still be kicking Howsen's arse if I owned that team. Don't let players issue ultimatums, Diddle that. You let him go to the KHL, but you tell him to have an out clause for the NHL. Then you tell his agent to shop him and you do the same. Could take a while, but I'd rather let him rot in the KHL than get back a 3rd for a 6th overall pick.

Who knows what happened ? The bridges were burnt a while ago. Hitchcock did most of the damage but Arniel was supposed to be a fresh there and things still didn't work. Filatov mentioned they had him bulk up too much and that's why he had a groin injury last year(he was over 200 lbs). He's down to 193-ish and can use his speed more effectively. So it sounds like their player development does suck (try and make a prospect something he is not).

I'm sure Howson DID shop him around and found no takers, that's how far his value dropped. Russians seem to have a stigma in the NHL, especially ones who've already left for the KHL like Filatov(despite him saying many times he wants to play in the NHL). Most teams are not in a position like Ottawa to insert a player like Filatov into our top-6 and be able to give him a full season to adjust. He'd be an AHLer/callup to most teams.

I'm sure he was too immature/unprepared for the NHL before so we've benefited that he's older and learned from his mistakes as well. For all we know he may go 20+ games without registering a point and Murray will send him to Bingo though.

159Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Toronto vs. Ottawa - 09/27/2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Who knows what happened ? The bridges were burnt a while ago. Hitchcock did most of the damage but Arniel was supposed to be a fresh there and things still didn't work. Filatov mentioned they had him bulk up too much and that's why he had a groin injury last year(he was over 200 lbs). He's down to 193-ish and can use his speed more effectively. So it sounds like their player development does suck (try and make a prospect something he is not).

I'm sure Howson DID shop him around and found no takers, that's how far his value dropped. Russians seem to have a stigma in the NHL, especially ones who've already left for the KHL like Filatov(despite him saying many times he wants to play in the NHL). Most teams are not in a position like Ottawa to insert a player like Filatov into our top-6 and be able to give him a full season to adjust. He'd be an AHLer/callup to most teams.

I'm sure he was too immature/unprepared for the NHL before so we've benefited that he's older and learned from his mistakes as well. For all we know he may go 20+ games without registering a point and Murray will send him to Bingo though.

I was gonna say the same, more as a precaution to anyone getting too excited. Who knows what'll happen. The guy looks great, but as you say, Dung could go back and he could be demoted.

You know what I mean about not moving him for a 3rd though...screw that, I'll gladly keep your rights and watch closely your year in the KHL. The value can only go up - and if it doesn't, I took a risk and he busted out, no harm, no foul.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum