GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holmgren hospitalized after serious bike accident UPDATE: not serious (shoulder break + ribs)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RT @tpanotchCSN: CSNPhilly.com is reporting #flyer GM Paul Holmgren hospitalized after serious bike accident

RT @tpanotchCSN: accident occurred today MON - not Sunday.

Geez, hope he's okay.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To clarify -- he was riding a bike (not motorcycle). Apparently he broke some ribs and his shoulder.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is news?

I meant for the Flyers writer to report it BTW, not for you to post it. He should have elaborated in his tweet...made it sound like he was in critical condition.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thank goodness, it sounded really bad when he tweeted it.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Thank goodness, it sounded really bad when he tweeted it.

Hmm...makes me think of Yost's article on sensationalistic journalism from the other day. Maybe he didn't know that it wasn't serious, or maybe he was intentionally vague to make it sound worse than it was and boost his hits for the day. I'll go ahead and hope that it was the former.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Philadelphia-Flyers-general-manager-Paul-Holmgren-hospitalized-in-bike-accident-090511

Paul Holmgren is hospitalized in stable condition after suffering serious injuries in a bike accident in southern New Jersey on Monday, according to multiple reports.

According to CSNPhilly.com, Holmgren suffered a broken shoulder, broken ribs and other injuries. Details about the accident have not been released.

Holmgren, 55, was taken to Cooper Medical Center in Camden, N.J., for treatment. A spokesperson for the hospital said only that Holmgren was in stable condition. Flyers officals told CSNPhilly.com late Monday night that he is expected to recover and they hoped to have more information Tuesday.

So, basically, broken ribs and shoulder and other injuries. Hope it's not upper body. If you break your shoulder riding a bicycle you probably dented your helmet at some point, too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Someone tweeted that he's probably played through worse.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

JVR tweeted that he was wearing a helmet:
JVReemer21 James van Riemsdyk
just heard about what happened to holmer, very scary stuff, good thing he was wearing a helmet. hope hes alright and gets better soon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum