GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current?

+8
NEELY
Flo The Action
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
Ev
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current?

POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_lcap231%POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_lcap231%POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_lcap230%POLL: Do you prefer the old Sens' logo over the current? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:The "SENS" logo is awful, downright one of the worst in The NHL. The thing is, without that stupid "logo" the jersey and colour scheme is actually pretty nice. A better idea would have been putting "Senators" across the chest or "Ottawa" like The Rangers, Avs, and Pens have done. That would look good.

Anyone who likes the "SENS" is either a child or loves graffic design way too much.

As for the "O". If people think that will make The Sens a laughing stock, it won't. Playing like they did last year will make The Sens the laughing stock of The NHL. It's already on the shoulder yet no one has made that comment... if people are really that insecure about being made fun of then oh well. The nice thing is if it did happen, they are important enough to make fun of.

The "O" is better than anything The Sens have right now.

I actually agree that the "O" would be better than anything we have now. What the O has going for it is that it's simple, like the Canadiens' or Flames' "C" or the TML's Maple Leaf, and that's what we've always been missing from ours. The current face is certainly not effective, and I despise the SNES one.

What the O has against it, however, is also significant. It unfortunately comes inherent with the sign itself -- a team full of zeroes, zero cups, zero shot at winning, etc., etc., etc. The possibilities for ridicule come with the letter itself. If it were any other letter in the alphabet, I wouldn't be concerned. To say that no one is going to equate Os with 0s is just Cussing stupid and burying your head in the sand. To claim that we ought to ignore the obvious correlation in some sort of grandiose gesture of "we're too confident to care about what others think" would be in step with having a big happy Spartan as our mascot or electing for another SNES jersey. We might as well put "kick me" flaps on the back of our jerseys if we put the O on the front; I bet we could even come up with a convincing rationale why that particular "kick me" sign has nothing to do with the ones put on the backs of high school geeks in the 70s and has everything to do with history, tradition, etc., etc.-- but god knows why you would elect to provide more ammunition for your opponents.

Use the city name, or the team's full name, or just the "S" -- anything other than a big fat zero sitting out there on its own, inviting trouble for the organization.

It's amazing what winning will do to make any worries about that particular logo go away. I'm not opposed to something like The Rangers have across the jersey, I thinkthat would look fantastic as well. Given the options though, I'll take the "O" over anything The Sens have right now. Their logo's are fugly.

I agree on pretty much all those points. Our current logos are ugly, and being a winning franchise would certainly make things easier for our PR people. Something along the lines of the Rangers jersey would be perfectly fine.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Seriously, what part of "go Diddle yourself" didn't you understand?

All I'm doing is talking about the main issue in this thread, after being invited on a few occasions to do so. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean I'm going to change it or shut up, and it's supremely arrogant of you to think that your comments are going to bring about either end.

So again, respectfully, on this issue, go Diddle yourself.

Maybe he did. Maybe that's why he is so upset. Sarcasm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Anyone who likes the "SENS" is either a child or loves graffic design way too much.

Facepalm Why not just come out and say that if others' preferences conflict with your own, those others are incorrect. This is a little much. I have a SENS jersey. Am I a child, or is my problem my rampant, unrepentant love for graphic design?

You might as well say that anyone whose favourite colour is anything but blue is either drunk or stupid. It's basically the same argument. My aesthetic preference is correct and yours is not. Nothing but facts.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I again maintain that the sens and lightning were guinea pigs in the 'nickname' jersey fashion. It was most likely a requirement for some type of study on whether nicknames on a jersey would sell and that's why we saw only these two teams put it on display debuting in the same season. It just doesn't belong and I'm sure the NHL just needed to see with their own eyes, unfortunately at the expense of the sens and bolts.

I agree with N4L. The color scheme is great and would have been amazing if it was 'Ottawa' or 'Senators' written across the chest.

and yes, I much prefer the old condom logo over our current one. It was simpler, cleaner, and endured better times than the front facing one. side profiles are more logo-esque. Trademarks. Front facing is too cartoony

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:I again maintain that the sens and lightning were guinea pigs in the 'nickname' jersey fashion. It was most likely a requirement for some type of study on whether nicknames on a jersey would sell and that's why we saw only these two teams put it on display debuting in the same season. It just doesn't belong and I'm sure the NHL just needed to see with their own eyes, unfortunately at the expense of the sens and bolts.

I agree with N4L. The color scheme is great and would have been amazing if it was 'Ottawa' or 'Senators' written across the chest.

and yes, I much prefer the old condom logo over our current one. It was simpler, cleaner, and endured better times than the front facing one. side profiles are more logo-esque. Trademarks. Front facing is too cartoony

Condom logos, cross-eyed semi-challenged Spartans, and zeroes. Yep, this franchise's PR & marketing has the jersey thing all figured out. Laugh1

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Anyone who likes the "SENS" is either a child or loves graffic design way too much.

Facepalm Why not just come out and say that if others' preferences conflict with your own, those others are incorrect. This is a little much. I have a SENS jersey. Am I a child, or is my problem my rampant, unrepentant love for graphic design?

You might as well say that anyone whose favourite colour is anything but blue is either drunk or stupid. It's basically the same argument. My aesthetic preference is correct and yours is not. Nothing but facts.

I have a "SENS" sweater too and its fugly. The colour scheme is nice, the logo is awful and actually a pretty stupid concept.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Michallica wrote:I again maintain that the sens and lightning were guinea pigs in the 'nickname' jersey fashion. It was most likely a requirement for some type of study on whether nicknames on a jersey would sell and that's why we saw only these two teams put it on display debuting in the same season. It just doesn't belong and I'm sure the NHL just needed to see with their own eyes, unfortunately at the expense of the sens and bolts.

Condom logos, cross-eyed semi-challenged Spartans, and zeroes. Yep, this franchise's PR & marketing has the jersey thing all figured out. Laugh1

We're creating RAVING fans!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:

I have a "SENS" sweater too and its fugly. The colour scheme is nice, the logo is awful and actually a pretty stupid concept.

Shame on you, then. Way to vote with your wallet.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pretty much got called out on that one and I agree. Dumbest purchase ever. I actually do love the jersey minus the logo though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here we go again...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Here we go again...

Source?

Any Habs rumors?