GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stamkos not close to deal - offer sheets being prepared?

+11
dennycrane
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
shabbs
Flo The Action
Riprock
Ev
spader
NEELY
SensHulk
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Picking 20-30 for 4 straight years means hoping your team wins the division or makes the Conference finals 4 years in a row. How many teams can do that?

Not many. All that I'm saying is that an offer sheet for a player that would command the type of salary that Stamkos would command would only make sense if the GM was certain that that's where he'd be picking.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I disagree that a non-contender shouldn't make an offer. I'd like to see the NYI make an offer. they have the space. and a line with tavares and stamkos??? ppfffff. crazy.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Like it has been said, Stamkos isn't a generational talent. He's a solid player but has had a ton of help. In all honesty, he isn't exactly proven in a lot of ways. His playoffs were not the greatest either.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Like it has been said, Stamkos isn't a generational talent. He's a solid player but has had a ton of help. In all honesty, he isn't exactly proven in a lot of ways. His playoffs were not the greatest either.
yes he's got help but he's so young still. I think it's a bit early to make a formal ruling on what kind of talent he is. he's no cheechoo. he's got room to get even better also.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

An offer sheet would cost a team four first round picks. A steep price to pay (plus the $10M or so per season), but it'd likely be worth it (if anyone is).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum