GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+23
stempniaksen
22_4_ever
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hoags
sandysensfan
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Riprock
Ev
spader
SensHulk
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 61]

871All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:39 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

we now need a Vancouver emoticon like this:

Burning Car

872All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Tumblr_lmvafntQwB1qew6w7o1_400

873All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Hmm,

http://twitpic.com/5c809d

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 322859857

I saw this last night. This was one of the worst things I saw yesterday. Several people got stabbed yesterday, many of which were bruins fans.

Forget the hockey game, vancouver has set a black eye on its self yesterday. I can understand the hooliganism and anarchy of toppling cars and looting, but to seriously stab people? Including fans of the winning team? maybe this game is taken a little too seriously in some areas. How come we didn't see this in calgary, edmonton, and ottawa? Hell we didn't even see this in Montreal when they lost the conference finals last year. Congratulations vancouver, you officially get the worst canadian fanbase award.

874All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Letting Chara walk was the worst mistake any franchise has made in the last 10-20 years of NHL hockey. I said this way before he won the cup, this just shuts, those who doubted him, right up. Literally a move that put The Sens back 10-15 years.

Did it ever. Dumbest move in Sens' history, but hopefully we're starting to come out of it now and get past it.

875All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Letting Chara walk was the worst mistake any franchise has made in the last 10-20 years of NHL hockey. I said this way before he won the cup, this just shuts, those who doubted him, right up. Literally a move that put The Sens back 10-15 years.

Did it ever. Dumbest move in Sens' history, but hopefully we're starting to come out of it now and get past it.

There are a lot of fans blaming Murray for ruining this team. But if you look at it -- the previous owner.. deciding to let Chiarelli go to Boston.... letting Muckler blind-side Hossa after he signed that contract. Yes they were near the cap.. but there could have been others to move. That blindsiding of Hossa... really upset Chara. I think that is part of the reason he left. Getting absolutely nothing for Havlat.
Havlat was gone to free agency -- but you would think Muckler could have gotten more than Hennessey, Barinka... and I can't even remember who else..
But losing Hossa & Chara really hurt the future of this team. Where would they be right now with both of these players? I curse Muckler every time I see both of these players.

876All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
There are a lot of fans blaming Murray for ruining this team. But if you look at it -- the previous owner.. deciding to let Chiarelli go to Boston.... letting Muckler blind-side Hossa after he signed that contract. Yes they were near the cap.. but there could have been others to move. That blindsiding of Hossa... really upset Chara. I think that is part of the reason he left. Getting absolutely nothing for Havlat.
Havlat was gone to free agency -- but you would think Muckler could have gotten more than Hennessey, Barinka... and I can't even remember who else..
But losing Hossa & Chara really hurt the future of this team. Where would they be right now with both of these players? I curse Muckler every time I see both of these players.

If I was to take an unbiased view - which is really hard - I'd say:

1.Melnyk knew what was happening with Hossa/Heatley, so he needed to learn that you don't do that kind of thing.

2.They (Melnyk and Muckler) didn't think the cap would continue to rise from the 45 million it was to the 65 million it will be. That was something that I think a lot of GMs didn't realize and it cost us soooo badly we're still feeling it today. I'd have to look at the team at the moment we let Chara walk and try to see where we could have changed things, but Diddle...as if we lost Chara.

3.Havlat was as close to a Dany Heatley situation as can be - without being that situation. Havlat wanted 6 million per year, Ottawa couldn't do it, so they tried to trade him, but how many teams could take on a 6 million dollar player like Havlat + be willing to give up assets to do it. Barinka and Hennessy were terrible choices by a GM and scouting staff that is literally half as good as it is today. I wish to goodness we had a better staff in place to grab 2 blue chips. The other piece of that trade was a 2nd round pick which Murray used to grab Wiercioch - so that's a nice piece out of it, but clearly a bad deal in retrospect.

877All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The motto of it all is to be really careful in trading in this NHL and to damn well KNOW who your core players are and DON'T move them.

878All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:53 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I'd rather not say what this video is about.

879All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bahahaahahahahahha. Right in the nads with a firecracker.

880All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, this article seems a bit silly now...

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Vancouver+police+expect+repeat+riots/4951856/story.html

881All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Tumblr_lmvafntQwB1qew6w7o1_400

Why the heck is there a guy on the left humping the pavement?

882All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The riots are a national embarrassment. Cussing ridiculous.

883All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vancouver needs Tom Petty now, more than ever.

884All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:The riots are a national embarrassment. Cussing ridiculous.

It's a national embarrassment if you considered vancouver canada's team....for me they weren't. Vancouver just embarrassed themselves. The class of Edmonton, Ottawa, Calgary, and yes even Montreal fans shows vancouver is just a bad batch in an otherwise good crop.

885All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:04 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

It's a national embarrassment if you considered vancouver canada's team....for me they weren't. Vancouver just embarrassed themselves. The class of Edmonton, Ottawa, Calgary, and yes even Montreal fans shows vancouver is just a bad batch in an otherwise good crop.

From an outside perspective, the riots happened in Canada first and Vancouver second. The riots reflect on the entire nation.

886All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:

From an outside perspective, the riots happened in Canada first and Vancouver second. The riots reflect on the entire nation.

good point. Pot shots are already being taken and its a damn shame...

887All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:41 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

getting back to the game, great to see kelly lift the cup. It was an eerie feeling, even after all these years, to see chara lifting the cup. Hats off to him and chiarelli. although that kessell deal is what really made them cup winners.

also I think this is the first time a team from the now existing northeast division won the cup. A team from all other divisions had at least won the cup.

888All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 59 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:48 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:With that cup presentation, all I can say is.....

^%$^ YOU, MUCKLER!!!

I agree...

Brydon should have been smart enough to move up old man Muckler (that is what he was) and put in Chiarelli. Still would have had Hossa & Chara. Yeah Sens were near the cap.. but there could have been others that could have been traded. One main problem is Brydon did not have the money. The team was leveraged to the hilt. Melnyk came in too late.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum