GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the Sens make a claim on Cory Murphy?

+3
Snuh
shabbs
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Claim Cory Murphy?

Should the Sens make a claim on Cory Murphy? - Page 2 Vote_lcap260%Should the Sens make a claim on Cory Murphy? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
Should the Sens make a claim on Cory Murphy? - Page 2 Vote_lcap230%Should the Sens make a claim on Cory Murphy? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Should the Sens make a claim on Cory Murphy? - Page 2 Vote_lcap210%Should the Sens make a claim on Cory Murphy? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:I find it hard to find anything, at least on TSN or Sportsnet, whether they cleared or not. They will tell you when someone is waived or claimed, but usually not if they clear.

Still no word on Murphy. This is all I could find at the Miami Herald:

"Don't know what's going on with Cory Murphy, although it doesn't sound like he's been picked up. Caught him coming out of the arena today, said he knows the FLA blueline is very strong and he's not upset with the Panthers for waiving him. If he is assigned to Rochester, he'll go, saying he'll continue to work his tail off in hopes of coming back."

Either it's a really busy day and it's taking time for the news of his being claimed to trickle down, or he's cleared.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm sure there was a flurry of activity at 3pm ET due to the deadline so it will probably take some time for it to all trickle out of the NHL etc...

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Can he play a Streit-esque role?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hmm, interesting question. Could he potentially replace Dean-o on the 4th line and he and Schubert play forward and defence, depending on the situation?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Can he play a Streit-esque role?

Not that I'm aware of.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Murphy passed through waivers unclaimed:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/hockey/story/718562.html

While I'm not shocked we didn't put in a claim -- our stubborn loyalty to Richardson being, I think, the reason we didn't -- I'm a bit surprised that no one out there was will to give this guy at chance with the contract he's on. Philly is reportedly looking for a replacement for Parent, for instance, so I can't imagine why they passed on Murphy.

Too bad, really. I'm sure he'll toil the rest of the year in the AHL now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum