GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bin Laden killed

+6
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Riprock
Ev
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Only on FOX ...

Bin Laden killed - Page 2 289312602-d738d1d112c9075cacd71fc980703ecb.4dbeaad0-full Facepalm

17Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 8:48 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

GhostOsama tweeting from the afterlife:

http://twitter.com/#!/GhostOsama

18Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Not to go off on a tangent, but:

A) Of course they would announce they killed him; and,

B) It did take an incredibly long time, but it's not for lack of effort. If the States couldn't track him down with their intelligence network, it's because he was very well hidden and not because the US was incompetent.

Denis Potvin would have killed him on Sept. 12, 2001.

19Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Not to go off on a tangent, but:

B) It did take an incredibly long time, but it's not for lack of effort. If the States couldn't track him down with their intelligence network, it's because he was very well hidden and not because the US was incompetent.

Denis Potvin would have killed him on Sept. 12, 2001.

Stewie had no trouble tracking him down.

Whether or not it was incompetence is immaterial. Fact is they threw everything at it and failed for several years. In the media, perception is reality, and the perception is that they failed, *not* that he was so good at hiding.

20Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 9:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:In the media, perception is reality, and the perception is that they failed, *not* that he was so good at hiding.

Diddle the media, especially the American media. I try to form my own opinions. The fact that they found him is a success. The fact that it took 10 years just speaks to the dedication of the people responsible for looking for him. You always hear about how the trail goes cold after the first 48 hours or whatever, so this is pretty incredible.

21Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:In the media, perception is reality, and the perception is that they failed, *not* that he was so good at hiding.

Diddle the media, especially the American media. I try to form my own opinions. The fact that they found him is a success. The fact that it took 10 years just speaks to the dedication of the people responsible for looking for him. You always hear about how the trail goes cold after the first 48 hours or whatever, so this is pretty incredible.

It's incredible alright. Good thing they kept some DNA before dumping him at sea or else we would never really know the truth. Laugh1

22Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 9:58 am

Who cares about this, 10 years after the fact? I don't buy for a second that the U.S. spent much time lately actually seeking Bin Laden out. The U.S. has bigger fish to fry than Bin Laden (who gave them the excuse to go back to Iraq), namely Iraqi oil.

The U.S. can put a smart bomb up an Arab's Donkey by remote but can't find Bin Laden for 10 years. Please.

23Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 am

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Seemed weird to announce it really late on a Sunday night. That's the sort of thing I thought they'd want maximum coverage for. Like a Monday morning press conference or something. Anyway, the important thing is that he's DEAD.

If they had captured him, I'm sure they would have waited. It's a bit in bad taste to announce you have killed someone, even if it's Osama. Plus it surely brings back to mind just how inexcusably long it took them.

Not to go off on a tangent, but:

C) They weren't really looking all that hard. Having Bin Laden out there still, justifies their "war on terror" and the fringe benefits that come along with it, namely the removal of freedoms from the citizens of the U.S. The announcement comes as no surprise though, I am just surprised this took 10 years.

24Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:Who cares about this, 10 years after the fact? I don't buy for a second that the U.S. spent much time lately actually seeking Bin Laden out. The U.S. has bigger fish to fry than Bin Laden (who gave them the excuse to go back to Iraq), namely Iraqi oil.

The U.S. can put a smart bomb up an Arab's Donkey by remote but can't find Bin Laden for 10 years. Please.

Well, if you look at reactions all over the globe, apparently A LOT of people still cared. Your statement, "Who cares", is actually pretty ignorant. I bet a lot of people who lost loved ones on 9/11 probably care. Oh, and I care.

And if you read all the work that went into finding this somewhat isolated compound, you'd realize that they have been on this for a long time. Yeah, they may not have had all their resources dedicated to this, but then it likely isn't their #1 priority now.

25Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 11:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, no-one commented on the FOX screen cap I posted. Didn't anyone notice the glaring mistake? Or was it even a mistake, given that FOX leans a tad to the right?

26Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Only on FOX ...

Bin Laden killed - Page 2 289312602-d738d1d112c9075cacd71fc980703ecb.4dbeaad0-full Facepalm

Can't see the pic or jpg.

27Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 11:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can see it in your post quoting mine. Perhaps because I had it in my cache already? Maybe it got taken down.

Good thing I downloaded it to my desktop. I'll upload it:

Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Fox10

28Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like the US government has confirmed, through DNA testing, done by the US government, that they indeed killed Bin Laden.

Case. Closed.

Laughing3

29Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 11:52 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like the US government has confirmed, through DNA testing, done by the US government, that they indeed killed Bin Laden.

Case. Closed.

Laughing3

There will always be conspiracy theories. Until I see a new Osama video released, where he is holding the NY Times with the headline proclaiming his death, I’m going to assume he’s dead.

30Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I can see it in your post quoting mine. Perhaps because I had it in my cache already? Maybe it got taken down.

Good thing I downloaded it to my desktop. I'll upload it:

Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Fox10

Haha, I tell you I crapped myself when I first saw the headline, I thought it was Obama. It's gonna happen a lot I would guess.

31Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Who cares about this, 10 years after the fact? I don't buy for a second that the U.S. spent much time lately actually seeking Bin Laden out. The U.S. has bigger fish to fry than Bin Laden (who gave them the excuse to go back to Iraq), namely Iraqi oil.

He was one of the biggest mass-murderers in the history of the US. Who cares? Everyone (except you). I don't care to the point of dancing around, but I'm glad it's over.

32Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hillary Clinton's PC was dope man, she was tough as nails. "You can't outwait us, you can't run, we will find you." Awesome.

33Bin Laden killed - Page 2 Empty Re: Bin Laden killed Mon May 02, 2011 12:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

He was one of the biggest mass-murderers in the history of the US. Who cares? Everyone (except you). I don't care to the point of dancing around, but I'm glad it's over.

Did anyone care when Philip Morris died?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum