GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 WC discussion

+9
Ev
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
SDH89
spader
wprager
SensHulk
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

312011 WC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 WC discussion Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They interviewed Foligno about it at the game and he framed it as needing to make a statement and a commitment to the Sens and concentrating on doing whatever it takes to improve for next season. Perhaps he's going to a training staff boot camp of sorts?

What's more puzzling to me is that Spezza was interviewed as well and has not yet been invited for team Canada. I realize his start wasn't great but he has said, several times publicly, that he wants to go and try to win gold. He's also playing out of his mind right now. Seems odd to me at least.

322011 WC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 WC discussion Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Foligno declined an invite from Team USA. Interesting. What's going on there?

Ah, he says he'd like an early start to training and he also has that "getting married" thing coming up.

332011 WC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 WC discussion Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:44 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Perhaps he sees what happened with Regin and wants to really solidify his spot in the top 9? Plus he sees Condra, Greening, Butler, and now Da Costa looking for spots on next year's starting roster.

342011 WC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 WC discussion Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:06 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:They interviewed Foligno about it at the game and he framed it as needing to make a statement and a commitment to the Sens and concentrating on doing whatever it takes to improve for next season. Perhaps he's going to a training staff boot camp of sorts?

What's more puzzling to me is that Spezza was interviewed as well and has not yet been invited for team Canada. I realize his start wasn't great but he has said, several times publicly, that he wants to go and try to win gold. He's also playing out of his mind right now. Seems odd to me at least.

Anyone heard anything? Still no invite? Whaaa?

352011 WC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 WC discussion Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:51 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I just saw on SportsCentre that Spezza has indeed been named to the team, along with Duchene, Nash, and Ladd.

362011 WC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 WC discussion Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:41 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:They interviewed Foligno about it at the game and he framed it as needing to make a statement and a commitment to the Sens and concentrating on doing whatever it takes to improve for next season. Perhaps he's going to a training staff boot camp of sorts?

Anyone heard anything? Still no invite? Whaaa?
Yeah, he accepted the invite yesterday.

http://twitter.com/#!/NHL_Sens/status/56457294690533376

Sens confirmed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum