GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 23]

286Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:22 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

I don't mind the extension, would have preferred 2 due to his age.

287Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:23 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

There's another thread for this! Dammit!

288Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:24 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:72 year old Bryan Murraywill walk -up the draft podium in 3 years with a cane...or on a rascal scooter

Yeah. Probably because he slipped on the ice during the Cup celebration we will be seeing around that time.

Hopefully. Or perhaps he "mysteriously" fell down some stairs after another losing season....

289Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Cory Clouston is re-signed too, then this franchise is clueless.

290Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:72 year old Bryan Murraywill walk -up the draft podium in 3 years with a cane...or on a rascal scooter

Yeah. Probably because he slipped on the ice during the Cup celebration we will be seeing around that time.

Hopefully. Or perhaps he "mysteriously" fell down some stairs after another losing season....

I could see The Ringmaster precipitating the "fall" for sure. Specially after what he did to Marshy.

291Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ian Mendes:

Bryan Murray says a decision on Clouston's future as head coach will be made in conjunction with Eugene Melnyk after reg season ends.

292Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:If Cory Clouston is re-signed too, then this franchise is clueless.

He's got a 63-43-10 record. That's actually not bad, considering how the goaltending went this year.

293Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Ian Mendes:

Bryan Murray says a decision on Clouston's future as head coach will be made in conjunction with Eugene Melnyk after reg season ends.

Diddle.....Dave Cameron it is I guess Facepalm

294Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Cory Clouston is re-signed too, then this franchise is clueless.

He's got a 63-43-10 record. That's actually not bad, considering how the goaltending went this year.

It's actually a lot better than not bad. But no amount of justification is good enough for some people.

Thanks for posting the numbers.

295Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

You must be a kid. The fact that you don't think a 70 year old can be a GM is just ignorant. Check out the ages of Supreme Court judges.

296Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
You must be a kid. The fact that you don't think a 70 year old can be a GM is just ignorant. Check out the ages of Supreme Court judges.

Spoken like an old man!!

297Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:01 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Great that they are keeping him on, it gives The Sens and the entire organization the sense of stability and it allows for them to stay the course with one specific plan in place, not a ton of different hands in the cookie jar.

As for Ev's comment on keeping Clouston... this is his first losing season in Ottawa and fact of the matter is, everything that could go wrong went wrong for The Sens. Richardson's tragidy threw things off, obviously a minor thing in the grand scheme of life but in terms of hockey, that messed with them. Bad goaltending hurt, Leclaire being an absolute bandaid, Kuba being hurt 5 mins into the pre-season, so on.

Clouston made some mistakes this year but a lot of it he can't control. It's not like they are missing the boat on some coach if they decide to go with CLouston again next year, he may be the right guy to bring these kids along. He's done a great job with Karlsson, Lee, seems to be doing a good job with the kids in Butler, Greening, and Condra, and he somehow looks like a decent coach when he gets saves from his goaltender.

I hope they keep him because he is clearly a good enough coach for this team and like I and others have said before, the grass isn't always greener.

298Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Having Clouston on a one-year deal probably empowered some dissidents in the room too.

Either way, I doubt he's kept around if The Ringmaster has his heart set on rewarding Cameron's loyalty.

299Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:11 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see, I think CLouston has proven he is a capable NHL coach and deserves at least a 1 year extension to prove once again he can get results with a group everyone doubts.

Anahiem got rid of Babcock and Detroit gladly snatched him up... turned out pretty well for The Wings. Turned out well for The Ducks as well with Carlyle, great hireing by Burke.

300Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

Everybody complains about the government all the time.

301Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Having Clouston on a one-year deal probably empowered some dissidents in the room too.

Either way, I doubt he's kept around if The Ringmaster has his heart set on rewarding Cameron's loyalty.

NEELY wrote:We'll see, I think CLouston has proven he is a capable NHL coach and deserves at least a 1 year extension to prove once again he can get results with a group everyone doubts.

Anahiem got rid of Babcock and Detroit gladly snatched him up... turned out pretty well for The Wings. Turned out well for The Ducks as well with Carlyle, great hireing by Burke.

I think SSF makes a good point about one of the drawbacks of a 1-year term for a head coach. Granted, the Sens cleaned house and potentially excised those who resisted CC. I think it's a valid concern, though, when the team is only willing to lock in for 1-year.

I don't know the right answer. I know that CC made some absolutely bone-headed decisions this year, but I also know that he seems to have resolved some of the recurring problems (PK has been fantastic, the Too Many Men era appears to be over, etc). Should he stay on? Maybe. Will he? After EM's comments about Cameron, probably not.

302Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I think SSF makes a good point about one of the drawbacks of a 1-year term for a head coach. Granted, the Sens cleaned house and potentially excised those who resisted CC. I think it's a valid concern, though, when the team is only willing to lock in for 1-year.

I don't know the right answer. I know that CC made some absolutely bone-headed decisions this year, but I also know that he seems to have resolved some of the recurring problems (PK has been fantastic, the Too Many Men era appears to be over, etc). Should he stay on? Maybe. Will he? After EM's comments about Cameron, probably not.

I think a 1-year deal is fine in the current climate. Clouston is far from perfect too, that's a fact, but he does have the ability to win games in the NHL more often than he loses.

303Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 20 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:I think SSF makes a good point about one of the drawbacks of a 1-year term for a head coach. Granted, the Sens cleaned house and potentially excised those who resisted CC. I think it's a valid concern, though, when the team is only willing to lock in for 1-year.

I think a 1-year deal is fine in the current climate. Clouston is far from perfect too, that's a fact, but he does have the ability to win games in the NHL more often than he loses.

You're probably right. Like I said (or at least hinted), I'm not sure that CC's abilities necessarily have much to do with the decision at this point. EM seems to have made up his mind. It's really a matter of how much agency BM has and what his opinion is on the CC/Cameron question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum