GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston Shakes Up Lines

+2
SensFan71
SensGirl11
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Clouston Shakes Up Lines Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:38 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

From the Ottawa Sun
Bruce Garrioch

The Senators could have a different look Saturday against the Thrashers.

Senators coach Cory Clouston adjusted the top two lines at practice today by moving winger Dany Heatley to play with Mike Fisher while Nick Foligno moved to the left side of Jason Spezza.

Whether it stays that way against the Thrashers tomorrow as the six-game road trip continues at Philips Arena is another story.

"We sometimes change the lines during the period," said Clouston today.

The Senators expect to have defenceman Brian Lee back from an upper body injury while a decision on whether Brian Elliott makes the start won't be confirmed until tomorrow.

"I thought Brian was our best player (against Carolina)," said Clouston.

So, this isn't for sure, but it could happen. We'll see.

I would prefer to just leave things as is personally. Our top line is finally starting to come together again, I wouldn't mess with that chemistry right now.

2Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:From the Ottawa Sun
Bruce Garrioch

The Senators could have a different look Saturday against the Thrashers.

Senators coach Cory Clouston adjusted the top two lines at practice today by moving winger Dany Heatley to play with Mike Fisher while Nick Foligno moved to the left side of Jason Spezza.

Whether it stays that way against the Thrashers tomorrow as the six-game road trip continues at Philips Arena is another story.

"We sometimes change the lines during the period," said Clouston today.

The Senators expect to have defenceman Brian Lee back from an upper body injury while a decision on whether Brian Elliott makes the start won't be confirmed until tomorrow.

"I thought Brian was our best player (against Carolina)," said Clouston.

So, this isn't for sure, but it could happen. We'll see.

I would prefer to just leave things as is personally. Our top line is finally starting to come together again, I wouldn't mess with that chemistry right now.

meh at this point, I figure Clouston is just seeing who has chemistry together at this point, the season is pretty much a loss, so why not see how may have a bit of rhythm together going into next season? I would like to see a few more call ups though, maybe it's time to give Zubov a game or two?

3Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

True enough, I'm just enjoying the rest of the season and seeing the top line get their Dung together again.

But, I do agree that it's good to find chemistry elsewhere, in case of injuries etc...

Zubov and Z. Smith please!

4Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, this is great. Heatley needs to be separated from Spezza 5 on 5. They can be re-united on the PP, but we need to see if he can create some room with Fisher and Shannon. Folingo's job won't change, but he'll have to be aware that Spezza doesn't cycle like Fisher - he'll have to make sure he has an open line of communication with Spezza and Alfie.

Should be good! FingersCrossed

5Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I definitely support this move. I'm not quite sure why it didn't happened sooner.

6Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Mojo wrote:I definitely support this move. I'm not quite sure why it didn't happened sooner.

no one wanted to have spezza crying on their shoulder because the two have broken up.

7Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Until I see a move to put Fisher on the wing I don't want to hear about any more line changes. Yeah, I'm grumpy.

8Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Until I see a move to put Fisher on the wing I don't want to hear about any more line changes. Yeah, I'm grumpy.

A grumpy Cylon can't be a good thing.

9Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That reminds me, I've *got to* change that avatar. My favorite show right now is Lost, but all the avatars I've seen so far are of the characters and, honestly, I could not pull that off (besides, I took the "Which Lost character are you" test and I'm something like 75% Kate). I need a log from one of the stations -- the Swan, perhaps.

10Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe Vincent?

Edit: maybe not. This one's probably not well-known unless you are a bit of a Lost junkie.

11Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Ok - now that you've changed your avatar, my previous comments make no sense.

There has to be a way to change the avatar "for future posts only".
The current system just messes up too many comments.

12Clouston Shakes Up Lines Empty Re: Clouston Shakes Up Lines Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I'd suggested that once but I'm pretty sure it's not a configuration change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum