GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your dream 2010 Canada lines

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

A little early, I know, but just to get some ideas flowing and some discussion going in a different direction. Post your dream lines for the 2010 Team Canada lines:

Here's my team:

Lecavalier-Crosby-St. Louis
Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley
Morrow-Thornton-Iginla
Kariya-Richards-Doan
Spezza

Burns-Schenn
Bouwmeester-Phaneuf
Green-Weber
Seabrook

Luongo
Leclaire
Ward

A little unusual forward selection - added Doan for experience and defensive skills, same with Richards (not to mention the offense he provides), and Kariya as the hometown boy with the experience and speed.

Kept the dominating line of Nash/Getzlaf/Heatley together.

Lecavalier moves to wing for Crosby because he's not the best draw man and to keep him with St. Louis.

Morrow/Thornton/Iginla is a powerful checking line.

Spezza is a reserve (I know he is very good and was in t op 10 in points yet again, but until he plays a more rounded game he's a reserve - not to mention the abundance of centers).

Paired an offensive d-man with a defensive one. Went with youth here as you see.

Luongo is a good pick, but his loyalties come to question. Leclaire and ward both have the IIHF experience and they are young. Our goalies of the future.

2Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:A little early, I know, but just to get some ideas flowing and some discussion going in a different direction. Post your dream lines for the 2010 Team Canada lines:

Here's my team:

Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley
Morrow-Thornton-Iginla
Kariya-Richards-Doan
Spezza

Burns-Schenn
Bouwmeester-Phaneuf
Green-Weber
Seabrook

Luongo
Leclaire
Ward

A little unusual forward selection - added Doan for experience and defensive skills, same with Richards (not to mention the offense he provides), and Kariya as the hometown boy with the experience and speed.

Lecavalier moves to wing for Crosby because he's not the best draw man and to keep him with St. Louis.

Spezza is a reserve (I know he is very good and was in t op 10 in points yet again, but until he plays a more rounded game he's a reserve - not to mention the abundance of centers).

Paired an offensive d-man with a defensive one. Went with youth here as you see.

Luongo is a good pick, but his loyalties come to question. Leclaire and ward both have the IIHF experience and they are young. Our goalies of the future.

I like it for the most part but I'd say by 2010 that Spezza will definitely be a major part of that lineup and probably bumps Richards if a Center needs to go.

3Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

DashRiprock wrote:A little early, I know, but just to get some ideas flowing and some discussion going in a different direction. Post your dream lines for the 2010 Team Canada lines:

Here's my team:

Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley
Morrow-Thornton-Iginla
Kariya-Richards-Doan
Spezza

Burns-Schenn
Bouwmeester-Phaneuf
Green-Weber
Seabrook

Luongo
Leclaire
Ward

I agree with the captain on this one.. i think spezza will move into a roll for the olympics. If the team had to be made right now i wouldn't involve spezza and roll with pretty much the same as you have right here, but for future i (once again fingers crossed) hope that spezza will be at the level to be in the top lines for the olympics, maybe get us a gold medal cuz right now we dont even have one in Beijing... while Phelps decides to break every record he can.

4Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:

Here's my team:

Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley
Morrow-Thornton-Iginla
Kariya-Richards-Doan
Spezza

Burns-Schenn
Bouwmeester-Phaneuf
Green-Weber
Seabrook

Luongo
Leclaire
Ward

I agree with the captain on this one.. i think spezza will move into a roll for the olympics. If the team had to be made right now i wouldn't involve spezza and roll with pretty much the same as you have right here, but for future i (once again fingers crossed) hope that spezza will be at the level to be in the top lines for the olympics, maybe get us a gold medal cuz right now we dont even have one in Beijing... while Phelps decides to break every record he can.

Did you watch the relay? It was like Men against 12 year olds. It was almost embarassing to watch how purely dominant that US team was and in particular the sick lead Phelps started them off with.

5Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:49 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley
Lecavalier-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Spezza-Gagner
Toews-Staal-Sharp
St.Louis...(that's pretty bad, but there are so many young lads coming up that are going to be killer and take over the veteran's positions...IMO)

on the defensive side...I'm not too sure...but something like this

Bouwmeester-Phaneuf
Green-Burns

Phillips-Schenn

and whoever else...I have no idea...

This was tough...

Goal

Brodeur (for one last time)
Luongo
Leclaire

6Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
Did you watch the relay? It was like Men against 12 year olds. It was almost embarassing to watch how purely dominant that US team was and in particular the sick lead Phelps started them off with.

They should test Phelps for dolphin DNA. I'm serious.

As to the lines, there are too many young offensive players right now to predict this early. Although I'll go out on a limb and say that Kariya won't make the squad.

7Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

haha yeah i know! The US beat the relay olympic record by about 4 seconds.

Phelps had a -3.65 on the WR when he finished his 200m. Unbelievable.

8Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah Kariya is unliely, but he's got the leadership and experience, plus was part of the teams Gold Medal victory in 2002.

Spezza very well could be, but I added those guys because of their defensive abilities. I could have added Fisher for that matter.

There are a tonne of young guys I left out, Towes, Gagner, Tavares... who knows if they will make it or where they could play.

As I said there are way too many natural centers.

9Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

if i would take anyone off the original list that was posted it would be Kariya. By the time those olympics roll around i think he will have hung up the skates for good.. maybe not but to ice the best team possible i just think that there are many more options than him that would fit better and give us a better shot at gold. but it is true that he has the leadership, and with a medal under his belt, maybe he could contribute alot... that being said i just hope Ringo doesn't make the squad cuz then i might have to start a riot on Elgin! lol

10Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

haha yeah i know! The US beat the relay olympic record by about 4 seconds.

Phelps had a -3.65 on the WR when he finished his 200m. Unbelievable.

That guy is gonna get like 8 golds just in one Olympics.

11Your dream 2010 Canada lines Empty Re: Your dream 2010 Canada lines Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kariya was my hometown pick (since it will be in Van City) and Sakic, though he said would liek to play there, can't even decide about his year.

Throw Spezza in for him then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum