GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last weekend for Murray / Clouston

+19
NEELY
tim1_2
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
spader
LeCaptain
SDH89
PTFlea
strachattack
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
TheAvatar
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

301Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Having Clouston on a one-year deal probably empowered some dissidents in the room too.

Either way, I doubt he's kept around if The Ringmaster has his heart set on rewarding Cameron's loyalty.

NEELY wrote:We'll see, I think CLouston has proven he is a capable NHL coach and deserves at least a 1 year extension to prove once again he can get results with a group everyone doubts.

Anahiem got rid of Babcock and Detroit gladly snatched him up... turned out pretty well for The Wings. Turned out well for The Ducks as well with Carlyle, great hireing by Burke.

I think SSF makes a good point about one of the drawbacks of a 1-year term for a head coach. Granted, the Sens cleaned house and potentially excised those who resisted CC. I think it's a valid concern, though, when the team is only willing to lock in for 1-year.

I don't know the right answer. I know that CC made some absolutely bone-headed decisions this year, but I also know that he seems to have resolved some of the recurring problems (PK has been fantastic, the Too Many Men era appears to be over, etc). Should he stay on? Maybe. Will he? After EM's comments about Cameron, probably not.

302Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I think SSF makes a good point about one of the drawbacks of a 1-year term for a head coach. Granted, the Sens cleaned house and potentially excised those who resisted CC. I think it's a valid concern, though, when the team is only willing to lock in for 1-year.

I don't know the right answer. I know that CC made some absolutely bone-headed decisions this year, but I also know that he seems to have resolved some of the recurring problems (PK has been fantastic, the Too Many Men era appears to be over, etc). Should he stay on? Maybe. Will he? After EM's comments about Cameron, probably not.

I think a 1-year deal is fine in the current climate. Clouston is far from perfect too, that's a fact, but he does have the ability to win games in the NHL more often than he loses.

303Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:36 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:I think SSF makes a good point about one of the drawbacks of a 1-year term for a head coach. Granted, the Sens cleaned house and potentially excised those who resisted CC. I think it's a valid concern, though, when the team is only willing to lock in for 1-year.

I think a 1-year deal is fine in the current climate. Clouston is far from perfect too, that's a fact, but he does have the ability to win games in the NHL more often than he loses.

You're probably right. Like I said (or at least hinted), I'm not sure that CC's abilities necessarily have much to do with the decision at this point. EM seems to have made up his mind. It's really a matter of how much agency BM has and what his opinion is on the CC/Cameron question.

304Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There were those reports earlier in the season that BM wanted to fire CC. If those rumours were true, then there is no way CC is coming back…if not…well, then we’re back to square one.

305Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:48 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:There were those reports earlier in the season that BM wanted to fire CC. If those rumours were true, then there is no way CC is coming back…if not…well, then we’re back to square one.
No? BM can't change his mind? CC certainly made changes.

306Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess we just have to wait and see if this is indeed the "Last weekend for Murray / Clouston."

307Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:54 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There were those reports earlier in the season that BM wanted to fire CC. If those rumours were true, then there is no way CC is coming back…if not…well, then we’re back to square one.

You can say whatever you want, but that’s the kind of flip-flopping that I think Melnyk would not respect, especially with Murray’s track record with coaches. Again, I’m not saying it’s right or wrong to retain Clouston, but if those reports were true (and that’s a big “if”), then Clouston will NOT be back.

308Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:57 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:

You can say whatever you want, but that’s the kind of flip-flopping that I think Melnyk would not respect, especially with Murray’s track record with coaches. Again, I’m not saying it’s right or wrong to retain Clouston, but if those reports were true (and that’s a big “if”), then Clouston will NOT be back.

I see an important distinction between considering new information (like the altered play of the team, resolution of recurring problems, etc) and "flip-flopping." There's nothing wrong with changing your mind, especially if the original comment was reactionary (considering the poor play to start the year).

309Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens went from last in the league for Too Many Men penalties (22) last year, to being first this year (6).

It was under Clouston that Spezza went from Tin Man to Mississauga Miracle.

Best PK in the league anchored by Chris Phillips (league worst plus/minus at one point) and Lee. The same Pk that lost Alfie, Kelly and Fisher.

Certainly it helps having a legit #1 goalie between the pipes, but not all of these changes can be attributed to that.

Also, as NEELY (I think) pointed out earlier, maybe the reason he didn't pay Gonchar/Karlsson on their off-wings on the PP is because of the lack of confidence in the goaltending. The whole style of play changed since Anderson came in.

310Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Also, as NEELY (I think) pointed out earlier, maybe the reason he didn't pay Gonchar/Karlsson on their off-wings on the PP is because of the lack of confidence in the goaltending. The whole style of play changed since Anderson came in.

The few times they played D-men on their off-side on the PP they'd usually bobble the puck, cause a SH breakaway and Elliott would do what he does best. But that may have been lack of practice, Gonchar was doing that for years in Pittsburgh.

Did they really change their style of play ? Haven't really paid attention if its still the same 1-man forecheck (CC used 2 when he arrived in Ottawa I think).

311Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is the last weekend for Murray... on his OLD contract!

Hey-O!

312Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:17 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Clouston is out... that much is clear to Melnyk. is it clear to BM? the Cameron countdown starts now.

313Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So if Bylsma can't get Kovalev going either... does that help Clouston?

314Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:07 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So if Bylsma can't get Kovalev going either... does that help Clouston?

No one in Montreal could get him going either. They even sent him home.

315Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:This is the last weekend for Murray... on his OLD contract!

Hey-O!

Hey, you can't "Hey-O!" your own post! Poor netiquette. I've been letting it slide with some posters adding a Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 164414 to their own posts. No more. Time to be more vigilant.

316Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Hey-O!

Hey, you can't "Hey-O!" your own post! Poor netiquette. I've been letting it slide with some posters adding a Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 164414 to their own posts. No more. Time to be more vigilant.
I'll Hey-O whatever the hell I want to Hey-O.

Hey-O!!!!

317Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Hey-O!

Hey-O!!!!
Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 164414

318Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 Empty Re: Last weekend for Murray / Clouston Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Hey-O!

Hey-O!!!!
Last weekend for Murray / Clouston - Page 21 164414

Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum