GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning

+14
Amnesia021
The Silfer Server
strachattack
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SDH89
shabbs
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Hope Anderson and McE get along because that could be a very solid tandom going forward for a few years. You could tell based on tonight that McE is a guy that can play in The NHL and if he is as good as The Sens have said he has been in the backup role thus far, just no reason not to sign him to at least a 1 year deal, maybe 2 depending on how long Anderson is signed for.

I think they try to go with Brust or Brodeur for the backup role next year.

I'm going to assume you are talking about Binghampton because the chances of either Brust or Brodure being an NHL goaltender is probably around the same as it being Leclaire.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Hope Anderson and McE get along because that could be a very solid tandom going forward for a few years. You could tell based on tonight that McE is a guy that can play in The NHL and if he is as good as The Sens have said he has been in the backup role thus far, just no reason not to sign him to at least a 1 year deal, maybe 2 depending on how long Anderson is signed for.

I'm going to assume you are talking about Binghampton because the chances of either Brust or Brodure being an NHL goaltender is probably around the same as it being Leclaire.
Heh heh.

Anderson + Mac 'n Cheese looks good so far...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

McE is an NHL goaltender for sure and is apparently by the sounds of things everything you want in a backup. If they sign Anderson for 3 years they may want to look at signing McE for 2, that gives the organization not only depth but time as well for Lehner down in Bingo.

From what you saw Leclaire do this year depth 100% starts at the top and there is a huge trickle down effect. Get these 2 guys locked up, give Lehner the reigns in Bingo, draft a guy in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round, and perhaps sign a guy to a two way contract that can come and go as the team pleases from Bingo to Ottawa and vis versa.

Murray has done an absolutely fantastic job get this team back on the tracks. I still have no idea what he said or did to get Anderson for Elliott, McE was free (more blind luck in this case), and he traded 9 points in close to 30 games in Kelly and Fisher for a lotto 1st rounder and a 2nd round, who were the replced with Greening and Condra who have outprouced both of them.

Get Strome in there next year and the 2nd line center and hopefully Silfverberg can come on over and slip in somwhere with Condra, Butler, and Greening, WOW. Although, that's like 7 rookies on the team which is a ton.

79Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Justin Goldman over at The Goalie Guild thinks they could be decent backups to Anderson.

80Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Right now the kids are learning how to win!

Impossible. Clouston can't communicate or coach. Fact.

81Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:51 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Curtis McIlhenney is a guy who has been on 4 different teams in less than 2 seasons. Every other game I've seen him play, he's been brutal and he looked like an AHL goalie. I don't think they re-sign him.

82Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:54 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Justin Goldman over at The Goalie Guild thinks they could be decent backups to Anderson.

Neely over in reality thinks they should get an NHL backup.

83Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:58 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

When it comes to goalies, The Goalie Guild knows his Dung. It's ridiculous how many imes he is spot on with predictions and analysis.

84Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Curtis McIlhenney is a guy who has been on 4 different teams in less than 2 seasons. Every other game I've seen him play, he's been brutal and he looked like an AHL goalie. I don't think they re-sign him.

How can you even consider Tampa part of that little quip. That was a business move and nothing else on Tampa's part, there was literally no hockey decision because he never even played a game.

He played fantastic hockey early in the year when Anahiem was missing Hiller the first time. His last run when Hiller went down was tough and that's why he probably won't ever be a number 1 goaltender but that doesn't mean he can't be a fantastic backup. He proven he can play in The NHL all season basically, last night was a short sample of what he can bring as a backup.

There is no chance Brust or Brodure are better goaltenders than McE. There is a reason Brust was signed to an ECHL/AHL contract. Brodure just sucks and his career highlight will be the 3 games he played in Ottawa last year where everything went right for him and the team. He's a bad goaltender.

85Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:00 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

When it comes to goalies, The Goalie Guild knows his Dung. It's ridiculous how many imes he is spot on with predictions and analysis.

Brust and Brodure are not NHL calibre goaltenders, not even close.

86Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Curtis McIlhenney is a guy who has been on 4 different teams in less than 2 seasons. Every other game I've seen him play, he's been brutal and he looked like an AHL goalie. I don't think they re-sign him.

He was bad in CGY, that's for sure. Seems like just about every time they'd try to rest Kipper, they'd end up losing 8-6. I didn't see him play out in ANA, tho'.

Anyway, he had a good game last night, but it is only one game; let's give him a few more and see what we've got. There are plenty of decent FA backup options this year, so no worries on that front, I'd say.

87Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Hey, I'm just relaying the guy's opinion. I don't think they are better goalies than Mc, but with the season Brust has had, they may try to reward him by giving him a chance to take the backup role.

88Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:

He was bad in CGY, that's for sure. Seems like just about every time they'd try to rest Kipper, they'd end up losing 8-6. I didn't see him play out in ANA, tho'.

Anyway, he had a good game last night, but it is only one game; let's give him a few more and see what we've got. There are plenty of decent FA backup options this year, so no worries on that front, I'd say.

It's just one less thing you have to worry about. Kipper looked awful for the last year n 1/2 as well behind that team cuz it was in shambles as well, it just recently turned around.

In Anahiem, his first stretch was fantastic where he got a string of games in, beat teams like Philly, Van, Cal, and obviously last night beat TB. He beat the best 2 teams in the league this year with very good performances.

He's a backup goaltender but its more about what he's doing between games and what he does when he sees a game every now and then. It's important for the starter and the team to have a guy that fits into that role.

EDIT: The reason I remember this is because he Cussed up my proline early in the season.

Last edited by NEELY on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

89Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Hey, I'm just relaying the guy's opinion. I don't think they are better goalies than Mc, but with the season Brust has had, they may try to reward him by giving him a chance to take the backup role.

We'll see what Brust does in the playoffs because right now its looking that his clock struck 12 and is reminding people why it's a 2 way deal with The ECHL and not The NHL.

90Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Brust is talented. He just had too many surgeries the last 3 years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How does anyone know if Brust isn't able to handle the NHL as a backup right now? He's been really, really steady in the AHL in recent year, culminating with an amazing year this year so far. I think he's in the running for NHL backup, but the fact that Ottawa doesn't want to use one of their 50 contracts on him limits things. It would be nice to see him play a small sample size as back-up, but he's way more valuable to Bingo right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:How does anyone know if Brust isn't able to handle the NHL as a backup right now? He's been really, really steady in the AHL in recent year, culminating with an amazing year this year so far. I think he's in the running for NHL backup, but the fact that Ottawa doesn't want to use one of their 50 contracts on him limits things. It would be nice to see him play a small sample size as back-up, but he's way more valuable to Bingo right now.

12-1 record in January/February. But it's been 1-3 so far in March. Maybe a bit worn out?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum