GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning

+14
Amnesia021
The Silfer Server
strachattack
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SDH89
shabbs
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:where the Diddle did C-Mac come from? the guy was great....

I agree with dash though. There's something refreshing about seeing a group of youngsters beat a cup contender in their own barn...I like it.

Now, to the part I don't like: saying goodbye to Lando Crying

Who knows what happens. Ottawa will still be drafting 3rd and it's VERY possible Colorado finishes dead last. Edmonton will beat that team both times they play them. Col takes Larsson, Edm takes RNH, Ottawa takes Landeskog.

Have you seen Edmonton lately? They blow as well. I think they still finish last by a HAIR as Colorado will beat them in of their H2H matchups.

I think Edmonton might consider Landeskog. He can play centre and they have been going Swedish lately as well. He is a guy they could really use as most of their forwards are smaller guys who aren't that gritty. Landeskog can give them that and then some.

So can Talyor Hall but they want a true center up the middle which would be RNH, also an Alberta kid which plays a factor for sure.

Actually, he's from Burnaby, BC. Like Joe Sakic (hence the endless comparisons).

62Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

My bad, ignorance is not an excuse on my part. Western boy then, haha.

63Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:53 pm

jawal

Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:
jawal wrote:Another 2-1 win!! Just think if we had goaltending all year, we would probably be looking at a draft position around 10th rather than our potential top 3 pick.

The team came into training camp this year and thought "Oh great another year with Leclaire and Elliott in nets .. why bother trying ?"

Unfortunately, you are probably correct.

64Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

how about this folks....sens are 7-3 in their last 10 games. 3rd hottest team in the east

AND we've won 3 straight for the first time since......late October? early November?

65Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:how about this folks....sens are 7-3 in their last 10 games. 3rd hottest team in the east

AND we've won 3 straight for the first time since......late October? early November?

I think what they are doing right now is encouraging but lets face it, most of those guys are playing for jobs or trying to prove something with little to no pressure on them. Great to see but take it with a grain of salt.

66Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:where the Diddle did C-Mac come from? the guy was great....

I agree with dash though. There's something refreshing about seeing a group of youngsters beat a cup contender in their own barn...I like it.

Now, to the part I don't like: saying goodbye to Lando Crying

Who knows what happens. Ottawa will still be drafting 3rd and it's VERY possible Colorado finishes dead last. Edmonton will beat that team both times they play them. Col takes Larsson, Edm takes RNH, Ottawa takes Landeskog.

Please be right. Just let us finish with a top 3 pick.

67Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I honestly don't even think Ottawa needs to be drafting in the top 3 to get the player they truly want. I'm going to enjoy this great hockey they are playing, take it with a grain of salt, and hope they build towards next year.

68Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Condra looks too smart for Tank Nation. His saucer passes are ruining the Tank parade.

69Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

marakh wrote:Condra looks too smart for Tank Nation. His saucer passes are ruining the Tank parade.

Honestly, I would rather be doing what The Sens are doing than what Colorado is. In a deep draft with 3 or 4 guys that could potentially go number 1, I'll take The Sens scouts and trust them drafting anywhere in the top 5 over whatever all the other organizations have.

A lot of teams in the lotto have to draft for need, Ottawa gets to draft the BPA which is huge.

70Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hope Anderson and McE get along because that could be a very solid tandom going forward for a few years. You could tell based on tonight that McE is a guy that can play in The NHL and if he is as good as The Sens have said he has been in the backup role thus far, just no reason not to sign him to at least a 1 year deal, maybe 2 depending on how long Anderson is signed for.

71Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:36 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oh and Brian Lee looked fantastic again. He went toe to toe with maybe the best line in hockey all night with Phillips, he looked legit. I think Carkner is going to have trouble finding a spot on the blueline next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Oh and Brian Lee looked fantastic again. He went toe to toe with maybe the best line in hockey all night with Phillips, he looked legit. I think Carkner is going to have trouble finding a spot on the blueline next year.

Talk about "finding a wallet" as Burke says, Lee is found money for the Sens IMO.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Hope Anderson and McE get along because that could be a very solid tandom going forward for a few years. You could tell based on tonight that McE is a guy that can play in The NHL and if he is as good as The Sens have said he has been in the backup role thus far, just no reason not to sign him to at least a 1 year deal, maybe 2 depending on how long Anderson is signed for.

I think they try to go with Brust or Brodeur for the backup role next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, I just can't feel bad about a win Smile

We're 3-0 so far on this road trip and 2-0 in The Sunshine State. When's the last time anyone can remember that happening?

A top-3 pick would be really nice, but a top-five with a possibility of moving up a spot is not too shabby, either. Plus we could always package our 1st and 2nd to move up a few spots.

Right now the kids are learning how to win!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I hope this inspired play continues next season... will be very encouraging.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Hope Anderson and McE get along because that could be a very solid tandom going forward for a few years. You could tell based on tonight that McE is a guy that can play in The NHL and if he is as good as The Sens have said he has been in the backup role thus far, just no reason not to sign him to at least a 1 year deal, maybe 2 depending on how long Anderson is signed for.

I'm going to assume you are talking about Binghampton because the chances of either Brust or Brodure being an NHL goaltender is probably around the same as it being Leclaire.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I'm going to assume you are talking about Binghampton because the chances of either Brust or Brodure being an NHL goaltender is probably around the same as it being Leclaire.
Heh heh.

Anderson + Mac 'n Cheese looks good so far...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

McE is an NHL goaltender for sure and is apparently by the sounds of things everything you want in a backup. If they sign Anderson for 3 years they may want to look at signing McE for 2, that gives the organization not only depth but time as well for Lehner down in Bingo.

From what you saw Leclaire do this year depth 100% starts at the top and there is a huge trickle down effect. Get these 2 guys locked up, give Lehner the reigns in Bingo, draft a guy in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round, and perhaps sign a guy to a two way contract that can come and go as the team pleases from Bingo to Ottawa and vis versa.

Murray has done an absolutely fantastic job get this team back on the tracks. I still have no idea what he said or did to get Anderson for Elliott, McE was free (more blind luck in this case), and he traded 9 points in close to 30 games in Kelly and Fisher for a lotto 1st rounder and a 2nd round, who were the replced with Greening and Condra who have outprouced both of them.

Get Strome in there next year and the 2nd line center and hopefully Silfverberg can come on over and slip in somwhere with Condra, Butler, and Greening, WOW. Although, that's like 7 rookies on the team which is a ton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum