GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Plasma TV

+11
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
wprager
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 16]

226New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:11 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So I'm blown away by how awesome the picture and everything else is with my new TV.  4K really is incredible, and the 1080p stuff looks great too.  

Nice man!

227New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:42 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tim how's the X900H going? I might be looking to get one as I am getting the new Xbox as well.

228New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Tim how's the X900H going? I might be looking to get one as I am getting the new Xbox as well.

Man, it is awesome. Zero issues, I just keep being impressed with how nice the picture is. The one knock against it is apparently viewing angles, but my room is configured such that most of the viewing is pretty much straight-on.

You've probably been to RTings before, but here's the link to their X900H review: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h

It's also my first "Smart TV", and I am very impressed with the Android TV interface. Once you push the power button, it's on and ready to go in about a second. All the apps available via the Google store coupled with the ability to cast stuff from my phone directly to the TV means I don't need a PC or Roku hooked up to the TV anymore.

Anyway, I would certainly buy it again.

229New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:06 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Tim how's the X900H going? I might be looking to get one as I am getting the new Xbox as well.

Man, it is awesome.  Zero issues, I just keep being impressed with how nice the picture is. The one knock against it is apparently viewing angles, but my room is configured such that most of the viewing is pretty much straight-on.

You've probably been to RTings before, but here's the link to their X900H review: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h

It's also my first "Smart TV", and I am very impressed with the Android TV interface.  Once you push the power button, it's on and ready to go in about a second.  All the apps available via the Google store coupled with the ability to cast stuff from my phone directly to the TV means I don't need a PC or Roku hooked up to the TV anymore.  

Anyway, I would certainly buy it again.

Sweet, good to hear. The OS on the X900E is pretty slow, but I use the Xbox for all my apps. The X900H isn't too expensive compared to other options that will be able to fully utilize the new Xbox and PS5.

I would just have to sell my X900E but I really don't want to use Kijiji

230New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have the Sony XBR900E and love it for those same exact reasons. Great interface and the built-in app are fantastic. Will be sticking with this line of tv for a long time.

231New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:46 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You getting the fancier of the two new Xboxes? I've always had an Xbox, but actually don't know if I need to buy one this time around...I have a good gaming PC, and it seems like almost everything is going to be cross-platform now, which is amazing. I love being able to play Call of Duty with all my Xbox buddies from the comfort of my gaming PC.

232New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:11 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

You getting the fancier of the two new Xboxes?  I've always had an Xbox, but actually don't know if I need to buy one this time around...I have a good gaming PC, and it seems like almost everything is going to be cross-platform now, which is amazing.  I love being able to play Call of Duty with all my Xbox buddies from the comfort of my gaming PC.  

The new xbox superior to the PS5? I'm more of a platform and sports gamer vs first-person shooter. Any suggestions?

233New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:21 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You getting the fancier of the two new Xboxes?  I've always had an Xbox, but actually don't know if I need to buy one this time around...I have a good gaming PC, and it seems like almost everything is going to be cross-platform now, which is amazing.  I love being able to play Call of Duty with all my Xbox buddies from the comfort of my gaming PC.  

The new xbox superior to the PS5? I'm more of a platform and sports gamer vs first-person shooter. Any suggestions?

I've never had a Playstation...most of the games are the same between the consoles, with a few exclusives. I think the lone licensed baseball game, The Show, will finally come to Xbox as well next year after being a Playstation exclusive. So I think you couldn't really go wrong with either.

234New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

if you are just gaming by yourself and not online with people you know, then the PS5 would be better as it has better single player games. For me I only have Xbox because that's what everyone else I know has. The two consoles are going to be virtually the same.

235New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:32 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah I bought the Series X, just because I always buy the new one. I have the One X so I will just sell that to make up some of the new cost. It won't be that much different from the previous generation, but some games with be 120hz @ 60fps (which the Sony X900H will be able to display). The new Xboxes aren't a must have until they stop producing games for the Xbox One.

236New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah I bought the Series X, just because I always buy the new one. I have the One X so I will just sell that to make up some of the new cost. It won't be that much different from the previous generation, but some games with be 120hz @ 60fps (which the Sony X900H will be able to display). The new Xboxes aren't a must have until they stop producing games for the Xbox One.

Yeah, 4K and HDR are also big things that the Series X will bring to the table. Being able to play at FPS well about 60 is one reason why I prefer the PC so much...it will be nice for console users to see games at 60FPS and above finally.

237New Plasma TV - Page 16 Empty Re: New Plasma TV Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's a Prime Day deal on the Nvidia Shield TV (the "tube" form factor). It's only $20 off ($180 down from $200) but you can sign up for an Amazon credit card and get another $15 off. Something to consider if you don't have a TV box that will stream Netflix in HD (most of them do not). Apparently the AI-based 4K up-scaling is very good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum