GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens new 3rd Jersey

+11
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
wprager
LethalLehner
Ev
dennycrane
rooneypoo
SensFan71
CockRoche
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know we all pretty much knew this was coming, but I have it confirmed that the Sens new 3rd jersey next year will be a retro, barber-pole style jersey.

The three colours will be an off-white (kind of beige-ish apparently), with black and red as well. It'll feature the "O" on the front. Apparently the shoulder crest will be a little weird. I don't know what it says exactly, but one will have something in English and the other shoulder will have the same thing in French. The collar apparently will be a little "raised", and it'll lace-up (like the current 3rd jerseys).

From the sounds of it, it'll be very similar to what Bingo wore earlier this year:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=19571

On a sidenote, our slogan for 11-12 should be "Show me your "O" face."

2Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I hate the "O". Silly decision, if true.

No matter what the "O" means to Ottawa, it means something else to the rest of the league and fans in general.

3Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I thought a return to the O was coming, but not like the retro barber pole style, thought it was going to be another black 3rd jersey, much like below, which I like way more than the black "SENS" 3rd of current.

Sens new 3rd Jersey 2879378-3812744-thumbnail

4Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I prefer the barberpole style to the black one (above). I find the black one with the "O" to be a little plain/ugly.

5Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:50 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

The "O" insignia is such a bad decision, for reasons I've gone over at length in previous months. Given that we're a team with a reputation of being 'chokers' & currently sitting near the basement of the league, many people are going to read that "O" as the Ottawa Zeroes.

Diddle, I hate the marketing people in this organization. Just don't have clue when it comes to this stuff.

6Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Am I the only one that thinks that jersey looks like it reads zero degrees celsius?

It is still a massive upgrade over what they have now, IMO. I know a lot of people like their current uniform but I think they are embarassing.

7Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:The "O" insignia is such a bad decision, for reasons I've gone over at length in previous months. Given that we're a team with a reputation of being 'chokers' & currently sitting near the basement of the league, many people are going to read that "O" as the Ottawa Zeroes.

Diddle, I hate the marketing people in this organization. Just don't have clue when it comes to this stuff.

meh I guess I see your point there, I am not a marketing person and am not geared to think that way, but wasn't a big fan of the shortened Sens on the black jerseys from last year either, or whenever they were released. I think a black jersey should be their focus, think they look rather sharp, but need to find the right design. I find the barber shop pole look hard on the eyes, at least when I used to put them on when playing NHL 09, they were almost hypnotizing, hey, maybe that should be our strategy, hypnotize the opposition. lol

8Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and this is confirmed by who?

Either way, I don't mind it. I think we tend to overanalyze things and the O will be fine. If people want to think it's a zero, fnie by them Smile

9Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:and this is confirmed by who?

Either way, I don't mind it. I think we tend to overanalyze things and the O will be fine. If people want to think it's a zero, fnie by them Smile

Someone who works for the Sens and saw the jersey.

I agree, I don't associate the "O" with a zero. I'm not that insecure in my team that I will take offense to people saying it's a zero. Who's going to make fun of us? Leaf fans? Having a Leafs fan trash talk your team is like having a bum make fun of your house.

10Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:I agree, I don't associate the "O" with a zero. I'm not that insecure in my team that I will take offense to people saying it's a zero. Who's going to make fun of us? Leaf fans? Having a Leafs fan trash talk your team is like having a bum make fun of your house.

Laughing3

11Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:13 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

I agree, I don't associate the "O" with a zero. I'm not that insecure in my team that I will take offense to people saying it's a zero. Who's going to make fun of us? Leaf fans? Having a Leafs fan trash talk your team is like having a bum make fun of your house.

nice one, writing that one down the next time a leaf fan wants to trash talk me lol Laughing3 Laugh1 Laugh1 Laughing3

12Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:The "O" insignia is such a bad decision, for reasons I've gone over at length in previous months. Given that we're a team with a reputation of being 'chokers' & currently sitting near the basement of the league, many people are going to read that "O" as the Ottawa Zeroes.

meh I guess I see your point there, I am not a marketing person and am not geared to think that way, but wasn't a big fan of the shortened Sens on the black jerseys from last year either, or whenever they were released. I think a black jersey should be their focus, think they look rather sharp, but need to find the right design. I find the barber shop pole look hard on the eyes, at least when I used to put them on when playing NHL 09, they were almost hypnotizing, hey, maybe that should be our strategy, hypnotize the opposition. lol

I agree, the "SNES" logo sucks huge, too. Year after year, that marketing team makes awful decisions. From the Spartan debacle to "SNES" to a big fat ZERO. They're all bad decisions in my books.

13Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:42 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

That ZERO will garner more negative attention for the franchise than just about any other symbol they could think to put on the front of a jersey. This isn't about insecurity, it's about making marketing decisions that make sense, and sadly, the Sens organization has failed again & again on this front.

14Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:45 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Marketing can be subjective. I didn't think the SENS one was THAT bad (I bought one), and I like the new one (barberpole) a lot. I will definitely buy it. I think it's a GOOD decision.

15Sens new 3rd Jersey Empty Re: Sens new 3rd Jersey Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Everything else was terrible, but I like this O jersey. It's just tradition. Also, a zero might be a good thing if people perceive it that way. It would motivate us to get back to repsectabilty, just like when Gilbert Arenas chose to wear 0 because his coach as a kid said he would have zero chance of making it in basketball.

I'll be part of the Sens marketing team one day and I'll set 'em straight.

Last edited by Big Ev on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum