GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey?

+9
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
TeamRenzo
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
beerandsens
Riprock
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2009/8/9/sens-hint-at-new-3rd-jersey.html

An Ottawa Senators-centric blog called The 6th Sens picked up on a story tonight I'm sure a lot of Icethetics readers will be interested in. It has to do with the question of whether the club is contemplating a new third jersey for the near future.

The Sens introduced their infamous "Sens" jersey just last season, marketing themselves as "Back in Black," but recent renovations at ScotiaBank Place have us wondering whether that particular sweater is long for this world.

Instead, what about this?

It's a concept that has been floating around the web ever since the Senators introduced the new "O" logo in 2007 — maybe even before that.

I think at one point there was even a petition on behalf of Senators fans to get the team to adopt this jersey. Could their wish be coming true?

In an interview with SensTV's Gord Wilson, COO Cyril Leeder talked about a new addition to the arena called The O Store — he said it's a nod to the old days when the Sens wore that big O on their chest.

But it's not so much what he said in the video as it was the artist renderings that were shown. They depicted this very jersey design on the shelves of the new store.

Previewing the new O Store at ScotiaBank Place

As you can see, not only is that exact jersey on the self, but also the vintage "barber-pole" style similar to one of the classic sweaters the Canadiens wore last season. Here's another shot.

That awesome O jersey is all over the place

It makes you wonder whether this was some secret plan all along. But that's for conspiracy theorists. For the rest of us, it's a nod toward a very exciting possibility that Ottawa might at last have one of the best jerseys in the NHL — not long after unleashing one of the worst on us.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again: That jersey is amazing. I think the Sens unveil it at the 2012 All-Star game, it's too early for any changes, but that is a sharp jersey.

That is from last August.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The article was indeed written last year, but the demand for that jersey is huge. Problem is the jersey concept was not designed by a member of the Sens organization, so even if they decided to use it, they wouldn't use that exact design. Even though the person that designed it does not own any of the rights, I doubt the Sens would use that particular design. I also find it closely resembles the Blackhawks Winter-Classic jersey.

Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Jersey10

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:That is from last August.

The article is, the idea for that jersey I think is older than that. But it picks up more and more steam every year leading to thoughts that the Sens would be nuts to turn their backs on it. I'm not sure what their plans are, but keeping the dream of this amazing jersey alive is a big step towards seeing our Sens wear it a few times a year.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Do you guys really think the all black "SENS" jersey is one of the ugliest in the league? I kinda like it, although shortening Senators to SENS is a bit silly, the jersey itself looks sharp.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:Do you guys really think the all black "SENS" jersey is one of the ugliest in the league? I kinda like it, although shortening Senators to SENS is a bit silly, the jersey itself looks sharp.

It's ONLY because of the 'sens' across the chest that makes it a terrible 3rd jersey. It was downright idiotic...hell if they wrote 'Ottawa' or 'Senators' in classic cursive or some other style, I'd give it a solid pass, but 'SENS' was just brutal.

7Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:Do you guys really think the all black "SENS" jersey is one of the ugliest in the league? I kinda like it, although shortening Senators to SENS is a bit silly, the jersey itself looks sharp.

I think it's really sharp, but when put up against the other choice, I'd go with the 'O' personally.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:The article was indeed written last year, but the demand for that jersey is huge. Problem is the jersey concept was not designed by a member of the Sens organization, so even if they decided to use it, they wouldn't use that exact design. Even though the person that designed it does not own any of the rights, I doubt the Sens would use that particular design. I also find it closely resembles the Blackhawks Winter-Classic jersey.

Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Jersey10

I think the fact that the one with the O looks so much like the Chicago Jersey is what will keep it from ever becoming a reality.

- Unknown Author

9Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:23 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

maybe management is waiting to win a cup, so no one can say the 'O' looks like a big fat zero

10Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Michallica wrote:

It's ONLY because of the 'sens' across the chest that makes it a terrible 3rd jersey. It was downright idiotic...hell if they wrote 'Ottawa' or 'Senators' in classic cursive or some other style, I'd give it a solid pass, but 'SENS' was just brutal.

Really? I think the curretn 3rd jersey is the best that Ottawa has ever had.

11Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

I like the black Sens jersey

I wish we always wore black at home

12Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Modify this and bring it back
Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-jersey-2000-2007

13Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:maybe management is waiting to win a cup, so no one can say the 'O' looks like a big fat zero

i agree, i rather not have my team have a big zero on our sweater. besides, i like the black "sens" jersey. i don't have one, but i like it.
the regular red jersey we are now using is by far the nicest we ever had.

14Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:56 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:maybe management is waiting to win a cup, so no one can say the 'O' looks like a big fat zero

i agree, i rather not have my team have a big zero on our sweater. besides, i like the black "sens" jersey. i don't have one, but i like it.
the regular red jersey we are now using is by far the nicest we ever had.

here's where I get confused. when you say you like the current black jersey, is it in spite of the 'SENS' logo, or because of it? I like the design, but the 'SENS' across the chest just ruins it so much for me that I hate the jersey.

15Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Empty Re: Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:15 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk wrote:Modify this and bring it back
Will the Sens reveal a new 3rd Jersey? Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-jersey-2000-2007

Actually, don't modify it too much or it will make the one I own look obsolete. Just like that; it's perfect and requires 0 incremental investment Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum