GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confirmed: Brian Elliott traded to Colorado Avalanche for Craig Anderson

+29
CockRoche
SensHulk
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
wprager
stempniaksen
spader
sandysensfan
beedub
SDH89
The Silfer Server
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
ddt
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
SensFan71
shabbs
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 22]

CockRoche wrote:
Hoags wrote:
hemlock wrote:
This is my position. He's not signed beyond this year, making it a real risk. I'm gonna snap my crayons if he wins us a bunch of games down the stretch, costing us one of the big four at the draft. On top of that, if he does that and signs elsewhere, I am declaring a jihad against Craig Anderson.

No goalie, past present or future could get this team into the playoffs.

team is going to get even worse as Murray ships more players out.

I don't think Hemlock is worried about making the playoffs, just drafting out of the top 4.

Other than that, your post mirrors my opinion.

Exactly. I don't want to sound like I am against this move. I'm undecided because it has the potential to go our way in a big way, or quite the opposite. If it pans out that we end up with a quality goaltender to mentor Lehner for a couple of years, and we are still able to grab a "game changer" in this years draft, then I am all for it. It's a high-risk, high-reward trade. It's certainly out of character for Murray if you look at his body of work as the Sens GM. He usually doesn't take risks like this in trades.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote: All I know right now is Murray traded a signed Fisher, a signed Kelly, RFA Elliott and UFA Ruutu and only received UFA Anderson in return, plus picks. If Anderson takes his talents elsewhere this offseason all Ottawa is left with is a 1st, 2nd and 6th.

Potentially it boils down to Fisher, Kelly, Ruutu and Elliott for three nameless, faceless 1st, 2nd and 6th round draft picks. That is one of the risky outcomes that Murray has set himself up for.

Meh. Too early to tell; Murray is a great drafter and he is about to live or die by that reputation.
Unfortunately I think the direction given by Melnyk was to cut payroll for next year. Alfie wasn't going anywhere Spezza, Michalek, Gonchar and Kuba have tough contracts to move. I think Melnyk wants a payroll closer to the floor than the ceiling, probably 48-50M. I fully expect Neil to be moved because of his contract and Phillips not to be resigned.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:How is that a realist perspective? Predicting failure is a pessimistic view, so should we applaud you for being negative and having been proven right?

I predict that Big Ev will say something meaningless just to rile people up (a.k.a. trolling). I would like applause when I am proven right.

Wow. Imagine someone doing that.

http://www.gmhockey.com/t5199-the-genius#223571

What's worse? Trolling or hypocrisy?

Geez, calm down. I was just making a prediction. Nothing factually incorrect in what I said in this thread or in the other. Sometimes Big Ev *does* just say stuff that makes no sense unless you accept the possibility that he is just stirring things up a bit.

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
Dash wrote:How is that a realist perspective? Predicting failure is a pessimistic view, so should we applaud you for being negative and having been proven right?

I predict that Big Ev will say something meaningless just to rile people up (a.k.a. trolling). I would like applause when I am proven right.

Wow. Imagine someone doing that.

http://www.gmhockey.com/t5199-the-genius#223571

What's worse? Trolling or hypocrisy?

Geez, calm down. I was just making a prediction. Nothing factually incorrect in what I said in this thread or in the other. Sometimes Big Ev *does* just say stuff that makes no sense unless you accept the possibility that he is just stirring things up a bit.

You're a hypocrite. Plain and simple. It needs to be said, out loud in the forum, because you get away with WAY too many snide remarks and douchy behaviour. All the things you say about rooney such as that gem about him needing to belittle others to make themselves feel good could easily be applied to YOU. You are the king of petty corrections and are quickly laying claim to the title of master of the pot shot.

How are you an admin again?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This thread is getting a little long for me to read through.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this trade has been confirmed as CONFIRMED!!!?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

I don't think Hemlock is worried about making the playoffs, just drafting out of the top 4.

Other than that, your post mirrors my opinion.

Yeah my bad I meant a lottery pick not playoffs.

These salary dumps are Melnyk's orders. Murray could've gotten roster players for some if he wanted but Melnyk wants to shed salary.

We're bringing in prospects more for budgetary reasons than anything, and we'll probably be able to sign a FA goalie and maybe a forward like Leino, Jokinen etc.

All things considered I think Murray is doing good in a difficult situation. We're all assuming he has the freedom to do anything, although he was strangely in a real good at yesterday's press conference.

Anderson was the FA goalie I felt we had the best chance of getting so getting a free look is a good thing. He seems happy here so I think there's a good chance we'll get an extension signed if he does not suck.

Let's not forget we have John MacLean 2.0 coaching this team. We could be significantly better without CC and his awesome 1-man forecheck next year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pessimists are well-informed optimists. Aka, realists.

SeawaySensFan wrote:This thread is getting a little long for me to read through.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this trade has been confirmed as CONFIRMED!!!?

CONFIRMED

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Just picked up on Brent Wallace's twitter that Anderson is expected to start tonight.

Bass Destruction wrote:Just picked up on Brent Wallace's twitter that Anderson is expected to start tonight.

I wonder what Anderson's arrival does to Lehner's amount of starts. I'd hate to see him riding the pine most of the time. He needs to be playing somewhere.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Just picked up on Brent Wallace's twitter that Anderson is expected to start tonight.

I wonder what Anderson's arrival does to Lehner's amount of starts. I'd hate to see him riding the pine most of the time. He needs to be playing somewhere.

Leclaire apparently was on the ice yesterday, so he may be coming back soon, which means Lehner sent to the A. But even there he'll be stuck behind Brust who has been incredibly well. But, in my opinion, I think starts in the AHL will do him better. He'll have a better team in front of him. He may even play in the playoffs, as Bingo looks to squeak into it, for their first playoffs since 2005.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:This thread is getting a little long for me to read through.

CONFIRMED

Sweet! NOT!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

BTW, anyone saw Fisher 2 days ago on TSN?
Kouleas: "How's your 1st game been?"
Fisher: "Well, The team has great goaltending, I fit in well I think, they have a good Defense corps too..."

Tells the hockey world what you need to know about Elliott and Leclaire.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:BTW, anyone saw Fisher 2 days ago on TSN?
Fisher: "Well, The team has great goaltending, I fit in well I think, they have a good Defense corps too..."

What does getting traded for picks say about The Fish?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I will reserve final judgement on this trade until Anderson signs his next contract.

For now, it is another head-scratcher; although nowhere near as bad as the prior two, but tied with Fisher's deal.

This is my position. He's not signed beyond this year, making it a real risk. I'm gonna snap my crayons if he wins us a bunch of games down the stretch, costing us one of the big four at the draft. On top of that, if he does that and signs elsewhere, I am declaring a jihad against Craig Anderson.

Best case scenario is that he regains his form somewhat so we can re-sign him for cheaper, and not lose our draft standing this year. Then next year he can revert to last years form.

Do you realize we would need to win 5 more games than Florida, NJ and the Islanders for that to happen?
I'm gonna say we would need Hasek in his prime for 20 games to do that.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

What does it say about the value of the rest of the team? Confirmed: Brian Elliott traded to Colorado Avalanche for Craig Anderson - Page 11 159628

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

listen to this guy talk compared to what we've had in the last couple of years. He's got a good head on his shoulders....

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/110219_Anderson.mp3

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

What does it say about the value of the rest of the team? Confirmed: Brian Elliott traded to Colorado Avalanche for Craig Anderson - Page 11 159628

Agreed. Even his great leadership qualities couldn't turn things around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum