GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+32
LeCaptain
ddt
asq2
Amnesia021
beedub
garblar
Hobiesens
SDH89
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
tim1_2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
CockRoche
Riprock
sandysensfan
dennycrane
strachattack
SensHulk
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
spader
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Atlanta adds a veteran for their (hopefully) playoff run and Florida adds a talented youngster who was never going to work in Atlanta (or at least with that coaching staff).

I'm willing to bet this was a serious money move on Atlanta's end as well.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:To play with Spezza, I'd rather have Penner than Hemsky.

Agreed. Penner is a better fit for sure. A nice, big LW to go with Spezza and Little Bobby B would be powerful good, I reckon.

Don't know if OTT can make a move like this right now, tho'. We'll see, I guess.

A first line of Penner/Spezza/Butler would be very nice IMO. I think Penner is the perfect winger for Spezza but I would venture a guess he ends up in LA before the day is over.

What do you give up for Penner, tho'? The NSH 1st plus Foligno? Yikes. I'm not ready for that move. And to me, that signals that we're not rebuilding, we're rejigging.

If we could get Penner for a reasonable price, I'd be interested.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No idea what it would take. I would hope it would be more of a hockey trade than giving up picks because I don't think Murray and The Sens are in a position to be giving up a potential top 14 pick (if they win the lotto it could be as high as 8 or 9 if they miss the playoffs)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:FLA trades Dvorak to ATL for Bergfors and Rissmiller..

How?

What the hell?

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:
A first line of Penner/Spezza/Butler would be very nice IMO. I think Penner is the perfect winger for Spezza but I would venture a guess he ends up in LA before the day is over.

Even with Williams resigning today?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:To play with Spezza, I'd rather have Penner than Hemsky.

Agreed. Penner is a better fit for sure. A nice, big LW to go with Spezza and Little Bobby B would be powerful good, I reckon.

Don't know if OTT can make a move like this right now, tho'. We'll see, I guess.

What do you give up for Penner, tho'? The NSH 1st plus Foligno? Yikes. I'm not ready for that move. And to me, that signals that we're not rebuilding, we're rejigging.

If we could get Penner for a reasonable price, I'd be interested.

I'm assuming you're bidding against "contenders". I think our 2nd round pick might be nearly as attractive as one of their 1sts.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Yeah, that signing was Lombardi being Lombardi. Better to sign an existing player than go out and add to a team. Add him to the list of GMs that make me happy we have Murray instead of.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Yeah, that signing was Lombardi being Lombardi. Better to sign an existing player than go out and add to a team. Add him to the list of GMs that make me happy we have Murray instead of.

I don't expect Lombardi to do much this year either. He's way too much of a stand pat type. IMO, the Kings ought to wait anyway until they are clearly a contender in the West. Right now with that logjam of teams they are treading water. If I were Lombardi, I would wait until the team looks like a legit contender before making a move designed to put them over the top.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

22_4_ever wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Yeah, they still need another winger.

If Penner stays in Edmonton, Murray could swing a deal for him in the summer or before camp. I don't think there is any real rush to make a move for him from The Sens POV.

Anyways, if Penner is moved today I will say it's to LA for their 1st rounder and some prospect not named Schenn.

Last edited by NEELY on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Konopka to Anaheim - nice move there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone explain to me why Bergfors was just traded for an old, pending UFA?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Where's Vandermeer going? That's a guy I'd acquire for my 3rd pairing/depth if I was a playoff team (and a guy the Sens should look at if they need a tough D-man in the off-season).

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Someone explain to me why Bergfors was just traded for an old, pending UFA?

Svorak fits the system much better and it saves ATL ownership money next year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Konopka to Anaheim - nice move there.

Looks like the Ducks want to bully their way through the playoffs. Worked before.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Someone explain to me why Bergfors was just traded for an old, pending UFA?

Svorak fits the system much better and it saves ATL ownership money next year.

He was an RFA though - isn't there a team out there willing to take a risk on him in their top 6? Young, 20 goal scorer, potential to grow...don't get it.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Where's Vandermeer going? That's a guy I'd acquire for my 3rd pairing/depth if I was a playoff team (and a guy the Sens should look at if they need a tough D-man in the off-season).
He is horrific. 2.3M for a terrible, terrible defenseman. Must have been a Sutter signing. Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Konopka to Anaheim - nice move there.

Looks like the Ducks want to bully their way through the playoffs. Worked before.

I find no confirmation on this one, it may not have happened.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Where's Vandermeer going? That's a guy I'd acquire for my 3rd pairing/depth if I was a playoff team (and a guy the Sens should look at if they need a tough D-man in the off-season).
He is horrific. 2.3M for a terrible, terrible defenseman. Must have been a Sutter signing. Facepalm

Is he? Okay then, seems like whenever I've watched him he's been solid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum