GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+32
LeCaptain
ddt
asq2
Amnesia021
beedub
garblar
Hobiesens
SDH89
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
tim1_2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
CockRoche
Riprock
sandysensfan
dennycrane
strachattack
SensHulk
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
spader
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

garblar

Rookie
Rookie

the thing is though. would he get 28g/60p playing on the 2nd line and not getting the primo pp minutes? doubtful

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
He's not a 3rd line centre because he's not a grinder-type like Fisher. He plays with Dung players, I think he would much better as a second liner on a decent team. 28 goals and 60 points last year is a decent line for a second-line centre, especially the goal totals.

We need PP points, don't knock a guy for getting 43% PPP.

Sounds like the exact same argument that everyone was making for Fisher...he's not a grinder, he plays with Dung players...I personally don't want an experiment at a 2nd line Center. I want to know we are getting a bonafide #2 C not someone who "should" be.

Last year he played with Horton most of the time and I'd hardly call him Dung. and 2 years ago it was mostly Booth Frolik and Horton. In fact Frolik is really his only constant partner over the last 3 years and he certainly isn't a top player.

With that said, I still don't want an experiment at #2. Why are we in a rush to find a #2 for next year. We aren't going to make the playoffs, or I should said I don't expect us to, so maybe we should be looking for UFA C's in the 2012 season for our #2 assuming the kids coming up don't fill that role or progress enough to warrant looking.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Weiss has as much east/west as he does north/south in his game though - or at least he has when I've watched him. Whereas I would say 80% of Fisher's game is north/south, real variable with Weiss where he can beat you a number of ways.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Florida needs a centre, so if Weiss is moved, the Panthers asking price will include a centre as part of the return.

Is this why we are suddenly trying to pass Foligno off as a Centre? Where there's smoke...

Foligno is a center because he used to play center, and we have lost Fisher, Kelly, Regin and I believe Winchester is still out of the lineup.

Who else would you put in as the 2nd line center? The B-Sens are in a playoff drive.

So Foligno + for Weiss then?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Florida needs a centre, so if Weiss is moved, the Panthers asking price will include a centre as part of the return.

Is this why we are suddenly trying to pass Foligno off as a Centre? Where there's smoke...

Foligno is a center because he used to play center, and we have lost Fisher, Kelly, Regin and I believe Winchester is still out of the lineup.

Who else would you put in as the 2nd line center? The B-Sens are in a playoff drive.

So Foligno + for Weiss then?

HeadBanger

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Completely useless to the discussion above, but in a perfect world, I'd love to see us get our hands on Frans Nielsen. I realize he's probably not 2nd line C material, but I like his game and think he'd be great on our 3rd.

Of course, that doesn't in any way address the fact that we're dying for a 2nd line C. Just an aside. I think he'd be a cool addition. Cool

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Acquiring Weiss would be in stark contrast to the recent 'burn it to the ground' moves by Murray.

If Murray does acquire Weiss or a similar type of player, that is a clear indicator that he is returning as general manager next year.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Weiss is a good player. Certainly a very good 2nd line center. Has nice hands, nice vision and a nice pass.

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

hopefully we can fill that role through the draft. or even better find someone who can displace spezza to the 2nd line

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Completely useless to the discussion above, but in a perfect world, I'd love to see us get our hands on Frans Nielsen. I realize he's probably not 2nd line C material, but I like his game and think he'd be great on our 3rd.

Of course, that doesn't in any way address the fact that we're dying for a 2nd line C. Just an aside. I think he'd be a cool addition. Cool

Yeah, that would be an amazing pick up. A lot of people think he could be a Selke nominee if he gets out of the Island. Plus, he's childhood friends with Regin - he's Regin's idol IIRC. Almost no chance of getting him would be my guess, but would be a great 3C.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i agree that weiss is probably off of BM's radar. but i don't think it's impossible. asking price will have to lower. i doubt we part with any 1st rounder.

Trades?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want another 1st rounder quite badly - anyone? Ahhhhh!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I want another 1st rounder quite badly - anyone? Ahhhhh!

is there anyone we have worth a 1st besides Phillips (if he is)?

Uh ya. What what do we have that people will give that up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:Uh ya. What what do we have that people will give that up

Probably nothing to be honest. Campoli + Neil probably could net you a 1st + mid level prospect, but I'm just guessing now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I want another 1st rounder quite badly - anyone? Ahhhhh!

is there anyone we have worth a 1st besides Phillips (if he is)?

Phillips would get us a 2nd tops based on some of these trades happening. So I doubt he's an option. This was more of a dream (dare to dream!).

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:Uh ya. What what do we have that people will give that up

Probably nothing to be honest. Campoli + Neil probably could net you a 1st + mid level prospect, but I'm just guessing now.

as much as the 1st may be worth, think I would keep Neil for sure, no hurt to keep Campoli either, Kuba and Gonch must go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum