GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+32
LeCaptain
ddt
asq2
Amnesia021
beedub
garblar
Hobiesens
SDH89
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
tim1_2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
CockRoche
Riprock
sandysensfan
dennycrane
strachattack
SensHulk
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
spader
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Joslin to Carolina? WTF is going on?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Joslin to Carolina? WTF is going on?

What do you mean?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jaws?!?! Noice!!! Dancing

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

From Pollack, a sharks blogger:

Don’t have the names involved yet, but expect a move or two from the Sharks shortly.

Unless something falls apart at the last minute, this likely will be the right-handed shooting defenseman that GM Doug Wilson reportedly has been seeking since last summer. And while (cap) space needs to be cleared, don’t expect the departing player to be someone from the everyday lineup.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ian White, Joe Corvo, or Joni Pitkanen?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

What do you mean?

he got traded for futures, who's going to SJ? Kuba? Gonchar? Phillips? White? Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Ian White, Joe Corvo, or Joni Pitkanen?

White apparently. :crossarms:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that's gonna cure the Sharks crappy D.

shabbs wrote:Man, great deal for Toronto for UFA Kaberle. 1st round pick in 2011, nice prospect in Colborne (who was a 1st round pick himself) and a possible 2nd round pick in 2012.

It's a great deal for Burke yes, but Chiarelli is quickly proving to be a top GM in this league. He clears space to make the Kaberle deal, addressing his biggest need, all while adding a young towering Valabik (who's nearly Chara's size) and a very underrated Peverly. Boston's offence is going to be scary. This is the team to beat in the East this year imo. Forget about the Flyers, Boston has it all.

Still can't believe a pending UFA Kaberle got that much. Boston could afford to pay the price though. I am worried that Murray will set the bar too high on our assets because of this and not be able to make a move.

I am STILL trying to make sense of this Elliott-Anderson deal. ????

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, that's gonna cure the Sharks crappy D.

They could really use a shutdown guy to pair with Douglas Murray. Phillips fits, so give us a first and a prospect and let's call it a day.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

We get to audition a potential #1 goalie for this team at the cost of a goalie who had no future here.

Amnesia021 wrote:From Pollack, a sharks blogger:

Don’t have the names involved yet, but expect a move or two from the Sharks shortly.

Unless something falls apart at the last minute, this likely will be the right-handed shooting defenseman that GM Doug Wilson reportedly has been seeking since last summer. And while (cap) space needs to be cleared, don’t expect the departing player to be someone from the everyday lineup.

The right-handed shooting defenceman? Isn't Danny Boyle filling that role now?

Hoags wrote:
hemlock wrote:

We get to audition a potential #1 goalie for this team at the cost of a goalie who had no future here.

It's a hell of a risk. He could come in and turn his game around with Wamsley, costing us valuable spots in the draft. What's worse is that he could do that and then not re-sign. We were sucking just fine with Elliott, I just don't understand why this risk was taken. If he was signed beyond this year and Murray truly felt his game could be turned around then I could understand....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:Man, great deal for Toronto for UFA Kaberle. 1st round pick in 2011, nice prospect in Colborne (who was a 1st round pick himself) and a possible 2nd round pick in 2012.

It's a great deal for Burke yes, but Chiarelli is quickly proving to be a top GM in this league. He clears space to make the Kaberle deal, addressing his biggest need, all while adding a young towering Valabik (who's nearly Chara's size) and a very underrated Peverly. Boston's offence is going to be scary. This is the team to beat in the East this year imo. Forget about the Flyers, Boston has it all.

Still can't believe a pending UFA Kaberle got that much. Boston could afford to pay the price though. I am worried that Murray will set the bar too high on our assets because of this and not be able to make a move.

It's also a good move for Boston in that they take a good asset away from Toronto, thus helping them to do worse down the stretch and improve Toronto's draft position for their 1st rounder, which Boston owns.

Pure genius.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I think teams that wanted Phillips are moving on. ......

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I think teams that wanted Phillips are moving on. ......

Sources say: Doubtful!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Hoags wrote:
hemlock wrote:

It's a hell of a risk. He could come in and turn his game around with Wamsley, costing us valuable spots in the draft. What's worse is that he could do that and then not re-sign. We were sucking just fine with Elliott, I just don't understand why this risk was taken. If he was signed beyond this year and Murray truly felt his game could be turned around then I could understand....

in the press conference Murray said they evaluated the top UFA summer goalies and decided they had the best chance to acquire Anderson.

It's his way to get a good look at a UFA goalie without getting burned like he did with Leclaire.....

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:

It's also a good move for Boston in that they take a good asset away from Toronto, thus helping them to do worse down the stretch and improve Toronto's draft position for their 1st rounder, which Boston owns.

Pure genius.

Exactly.

I know at first glance people will say TO won this trade, but when you look at what Boston could achieve in part because of the deals they made today, I don't think this trade is lobsided at all. It was a steep price yes, but I honestly believe this propels the Bruins to the top of the standings. Outside of Vancouver (and who's really sold on them in the playoffs) I don't see any team in the West that is head and shoulders ahead of Boston or Philly this year.

Detroit - can't keep the puck out of their own net
Chicago - not the same team this year
Vancouver/Phoenix/Nashville - unproven
SJ - Underacheiving, and not a reknowned playoff team
Calgary - Haha. This years Leafs. They'll finish 9th.

If you ask me, the team I'd put my money on right now out of the west is Anaheim, and as good as they are, the Bruins are every bit as big, have the same goaltending, and I'd say they've got more depth on both O and D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum