GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kyle McLaren on waivers

+3
PTFlea
smash88
jamvan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Kyle McLaren on waivers Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

- The San Jose Sharks have put veteran defenseman Kyle McLaren on waivers since they were unable to find a taker for his $2.5M salary.

2Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:21 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:- The San Jose Sharks have put veteran defenseman Kyle McLaren on waivers since they were unable to find a taker for his $2.5M salary.

I have a big feeling if he wants to continue in the league he's going to have to take a pretty nice paycut...

3Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:- The San Jose Sharks have put veteran defenseman Kyle McLaren on waivers since they were unable to find a taker for his $2.5M salary.

I have a big feeling if he wants to continue in the league he's going to have to take a pretty nice paycut...

The Sharks would have to buy him out first though. He'll have a tough time ever playing again, his back and knees are ruined. He's like a crappy Jason Smith.

4Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Speaking of Jason Smith- did anybody else get that warm, fuzzy, feeling inside when Crosby two hand hacked him in the back of the legs and he just turned and laughed?

Diddle I love this guy.

5Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Jordo wrote:Speaking of Jason Smith- did anybody else get that warm, fuzzy, feeling inside when Crosby two hand hacked him in the back of the legs and he just turned and laughed?

Diddle I love this guy.

I'm right there with you. I LOVE him! Ruutu ain't so bad either!

8)

6Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Speaking of Jason Smith- did anybody else get that warm, fuzzy, feeling inside when Crosby two hand hacked him in the back of the legs and he just turned and laughed?

Diddle I love this guy.

Love this guy. Classic hockey player that can still play. I feel safe with him on our team LOL.

7Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:31 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

Diddle I love this guy.

Love this guy. Classic hockey player that can still play. I feel safe with him on our team LOL.

Crosby is gonna have one tough ride when he plays the sens this year... LOL

Man am i ever excited for this year... We finally get some tough hockey!

8Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:37 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah! I laughed my arse off when Crosby did that!

It's hilarious, because my wife was saying she doesn't completely understand why everyone goes bonkers over Crosby. Sure he puts up a sweet amount of points, but after watching the game with me on Sunday, she was like: "See, even though he's young, he's a complete BABY when no one is protecting him..."
I was so proud! Smile hehehe

But seriously, between Smith and Ruutu, they totally knocked him off his game. and Fleury too! I LOVE seeing that kid pissed and frustrated! LOL

9Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:47 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Oh yeah! I laughed my arse off when Crosby did that!

It's hilarious, because my wife was saying she doesn't completely understand why everyone goes bonkers over Crosby. Sure he puts up a sweet amount of points, but after watching the game with me on Sunday, she was like: "See, even though he's young, he's a complete BABY when no one is protecting him..."
I was so proud! Smile hehehe

But seriously, between Smith and Ruutu, they totally knocked him off his game. and Fleury too! I LOVE seeing that kid pissed and frustrated! LOL
I think Crosby is a great competitor and comes across as a baby. He's got to learn how to control his emotions, but don't forget he's very young. The Sens have pretty much always been able to shut him down when you look over the years.

Crosby is a great player and I don't think you can knock that.

That being said, I absolutely love Ruutu and how he plays.

10Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh no, I'm not knocking Crosby's skill and prowess for and to the game. However, I completely agree with you. he's what, 22... Old enough to know how to act like a man. you can get mad, sure, but within reason... but for god's sake, don't cry on camera... Price, that means you too!

Do that in the comfort of your own home with the shades drawn in a dark basement, you know! LOL

But seriously, all he needs to do is learn to control his emotions and in my experience, the best advice that has served me well: "Don't get mad, get even."

11Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's frustrating me. Who the heck is making a trade to acquire McLaren. I thought it was going to be Tampa plucking him off waivers, but they don't want to do it unless they can unload someone to make the cap comfortable.

Who is it? Damn... :D

Asq2 or Rooney (one of them) said St.Louis, but I can't see them going for someone as fragile and expensive as McLaren when they already have the fragile and more expensive McKee. Maybe though.

I guess it's down to LA, St.Louis and possibly TB.

12Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:31 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Only a few more hours until the teams are set. Can't wait to see how thing shake out.

13Kyle McLaren on waivers Empty Re: Kyle McLaren on waivers Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:Only a few more hours until the teams are set. Can't wait to see how thing shake out.

Whoa, there are gonna be so many moves at about noon. More waivers, more trades.

Bring it on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum