GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCammond to be placed on waivers???

+5
PKC
Riprock
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:29 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Ken Warren from the Citizen is saying there could be a high likelyhood that McCammond will be placed on waivers. And it could happen after tonights game.

2McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:16 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

to save $825,000? big woop.

3McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:19 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:to save $825,000? big woop.
I don't think this would be about the money, it would be to get either Bass and/or Regin into the lineup.

4McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? What a shame, we've all sort of rallied around Little Mac. He brings a nice veteran presence - I wish we could keep him as our spare guy, but I guess we can't obviously.

900K is a lot of money in a cap world. That becomes almost 4 million at the deadline, so I guess Murray's fine with letting him go for now.

5McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It just wouldn't be fair to Dean to keep him if he isn't playing. He doesn't have much time left and I doubt he wants to finish his career in the press box.

On the other hand, waiving him isn't the nicest way to say goodbye. At least ask him if there's somewhere he'd like to go and see if a trade can be arranged.

I just don't see many teams needing him.

6McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Really? What a shame, we've all sort of rallied around Little Mac. He brings a nice veteran presence - I wish we could keep him as our spare guy, but I guess we can't obviously.

900K is a lot of money in a cap world. That becomes almost 4 million at the deadline, so I guess Murray's fine with letting him go for now.
I still think I'll be somewhat surprised if this move goes down. I still think he brings some good elements to the game and a knack for the big goal. We shall know by Sunday in any case.

7McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
I still think I'll be somewhat surprised if this move goes down. I still think he brings some good elements to the game and a knack for the big goal. We shall know by Sunday in any case.

Bang on anaylsis in 3 sentences. This is how I feel as well.

8McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:23 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Send him out. And after we're done with him, find Neil and Schubert some new addresses.

9McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:It just wouldn't be fair to Dean to keep him if he isn't playing. He doesn't have much time left and I doubt he wants to finish his career in the press box.

On the other hand, waiving him isn't the nicest way to say goodbye. At least ask him if there's somewhere he'd like to go and see if a trade can be arranged.

I'm with you on this - even for a final round pick. He's been a loyal soldier, and he deserves as much.

10McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:03 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:to save $825,000? big woop.
I don't think this would be about the money, it would be to get either Bass and/or Regin into the lineup.

Regin? Too soon for him. And no way he's competition for Bass. They're 2 very different players.

11McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:58 am

I like D Mac but if it is a choice between him and Bass, I want Bass hands down.

12McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:It just wouldn't be fair to Dean to keep him if he isn't playing. He doesn't have much time left and I doubt he wants to finish his career in the press box.

Schneider was waived. Granted, that was almost a must, but the way the situation was resolved shows that a trade is still possible. Schneider had nothing but good things to say about Burke's handling of the situation, so perhaps Murray is handling it just as well. In any case, it's still a rumour at this stage.

13McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Empty Re: McCammond to be placed on waivers??? Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:I like D Mac but if it is a choice between him and Bass, I want Bass hands down.

No question about it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum