GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCammond or Donovan to go on waivers

+4
PKC
Phoenix30
PTFlea
jamvan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McCammond or Donovan to go on waivers Empty McCammond or Donovan to go on waivers Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:51 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

They were talking on team 1200 that the Sens could lose one of these two Friday when they have to set their roster. They will be forced to put one of them on waivers.

What our your thoughts?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:They were talking on team 1200 that the Sens could lose one of these two Friday when they have to set their roster. They will be forced to put one of them on waivers.

What our your thoughts?

Oh man...that's so hard to process.

I think McAmmond's better, but I think Donovan signed such a cap friendly contract - and is very close to being as good - that we waive McAmmond.

Man, that's very, very unfortunate.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Its time for Murray to put together a package to make some room. I like what both McAmmond and Donovan can bring to the team along with both have reasonable contracts. I've mentioned it before Kelly might be an option to move. He is still young with a reasonable contract for some team and may have more worth to another than either McAmmond or Donovan. Moving Kelly would keep both Donovan and McAmmond on the team and they could easily replace kelly, while could bring back a decent prospect or high pick.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Put both of them on waivers.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

isn't donovan on a two-way?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:isn't donovan on a two-way?

No, one-way NHL deal only.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:Its time for Murray to put together a package to make some room. I like what both McAmmond and Donovan can bring to the team along with both have reasonable contracts. I've mentioned it before Kelly might be an option to move. He is still young with a reasonable contract for some team and may have more worth to another than either McAmmond or Donovan. Moving Kelly would keep both Donovan and McAmmond on the team and they could easily replace kelly, while could bring back a decent prospect or high pick.

I'd trade Vermette before Kelly. Vermette has not improved as I hoped after signing the deal....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
I'd trade Vermette before Kelly. Vermette has not improved as I hoped after signing the deal....

Being a bit of a Vermette fan, I hate to say it, but I agree. If only he wasn't the team's best faceoff guy.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Donovan may not always show up on the score sheet, but he brings a lot more. He's fast and tough, and while I like Dean, I think he's a better choice of the two to keep. It's a shame that this could be their fate... as I said in another thread, waiving one of these guys is kind of an insult. At least try to work out a trade so that whomever the unfortunate one is, they can have some say where they might want to go.

10McCammond or Donovan to go on waivers Empty Re: McCammond or Donovan to go on waivers Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:08 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Its time for Murray to put together a package to make some room. I like what both McAmmond and Donovan can bring to the team along with both have reasonable contracts. I've mentioned it before Kelly might be an option to move. He is still young with a reasonable contract for some team and may have more worth to another than either McAmmond or Donovan. Moving Kelly would keep both Donovan and McAmmond on the team and they could easily replace kelly, while could bring back a decent prospect or high pick.

Holy crap!!! We haven't even played a regular season game. Cut these guys a little slack fellas. I think if Vermette equals his output from last year, then we've got a real bargain. I'd hate to break up the PK duo of him and Kelly, as they are two of the best in the league.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum