GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in

+6
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Donovan will miss tonight's game with a lower body injury he suffered in the skills competition on Sunday. Spezza is still questionable (though he says he will play), A-Train is still out but should be back next Tuesday against the Devils.

Regin is in. I've been waiting to see what this kid can do since the beginning of the season, though he's been battling injuries a lot in Bingo. (mainly a concussion)

I think that he will be able to fill the void that will be left by Donovan, he seems to be an energy guy with an offensive upside.
I'm excited to see what he brings to the table.

Hopefully the guys can keep up the good work and try to squeeze a win out tonight. As we all know, they will definitely need to limit, if not, eliminate turnovers completely.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Columnists/Garrioch_Bruce/2009/01/20/8081081-sun.html

Go Sens!

Edit: It also appears that Smith will miss tonight. I would expect Bell to take his place.

Elliott to start for the 5th game in a row.

2Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Any word on where Regin plays? Do they expect him to simply play on the line and in the position of Donovan is leaving vacant for now?

- Unknown Author

3Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Any word on where Regin plays? Do they expect him to simply play on the line and in the position of Donovan is leaving vacant for now?

Very good question. My guess would be that he would just take Donovan's place, he'll need to get a feel for the game before they try anything else.

We might see him with Vermette and Kelly for a shift or two, just to see....I would hope anyway. But, we can't mess with too much right now. That line has been sick.

4Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The other thing I read in that article is we should be back to full capacity after the all-star break which would be nice, especially if we can head into the break with a 3-0-1 (in our last 4 games) record after a win tonight :D

- Unknown Author

5Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've just gotten word that the Fighting Montagoose was spotted chasing AO and Semin around their hotel room in a spirited Pillow fight. No confirmed reports as of yet.

- Unknown Author

6Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:43 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The other thing I read in that article is we should be back to full capacity after the all-star break which would be nice, especially if we can head into the break with a 3-0-1 (in our last 4 games) record after a win tonight :D
It'll be interesting to see what they do with the D-corps. We've looked like a much more competitive team when only 2 or 3 of Phillips, Volchenkov, Smith, Kuba have been in the lineup. Having all 4 of them in the lineup hurts our transition game in a very serious way.

7Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:03 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sens will win 3-2 in shootout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erUdrxwEf64

8Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's my positive thoughts for tonight since there's no game thread yet I'll post it here. AO and Semin will be held goal-less tonight. Elliott has a huge game and only allows 1 goal which will be scored by Green on the PP.

1st period no Scoring

2nd period Green from Federov on the PP

--------- Spezza from Alfredsson 1 minute and 38 seconds later.

3rd Period Heatley from Spezza at 17:48

Shots on goal 35 to 34 in favour of the Capitals.

Three Stars

Jason Spezza

Brian Elliott

Brent Johnson

- Unknown Author

9Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

OV and Semin off the score sheet without VOlchie on the line up? scratch

But I guess we are on fantasy hockey here, so how aabout this:
Peter Regin will finish the season in O-Town 8)

Last edited by marakh on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

10Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:12 am

I am nervous as we have no-one who is tough enough to keep AO in check. Phillips has not been up to the task this year. With ATrain and Smith out, I am not convinced Lee, Picard, Kuba, Bell and Schubert have the defensive presence to keep these guys in check tonight. Hopefully they are competent in their own end and push the puck up quickly enough to keep the play out of our zone. Forwards will have to come back and play a bit lower or we could be in for a long night.... Oh, and no room for error from Elliot. That fourth goal from last game would be a back breaker in this one.

EDIT: Wordy version of what marakh had to say...

11Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Elliott will be even stronger this game than he has been all season I can feel it. Spezza will be a man on a mission and the team will play a strong team game I think. Watch for AO and/or Semin to cost Washington a goal due to cherry picking.

- Unknown Author

12Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7-1 Sens. Heatley with 5. 8)

13Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:23 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:7-1 Sens. Heatley with 5. 8)

5 shots on goal? That's too much IMO.

14Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Do we get to hear McGuire crapping on Elliott all game long again?

15Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Empty Re: Donovan, A-Train out - Regin in Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Do we get to hear McGuire crapping on Elliott all game long again?

Yeah, he killed Elliot last game, whichever game that was, the Atlanta one I guess. But, he calls it like he sees it and like him or not, he has a good hockey sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum