GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cam Barker sent down to AHL

+3
Riprock
smash88
Jordo
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Cam Barker sent down to AHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Hawks are taking an interesting way to get under the cap and keep both Huet and Khabby.
Apparently this move is only being done until they can move Khabby, then they will recall Barker and Niemi.

I wonder if the Hawks will have to eat some of his salary in a trade as well?

17Cam Barker sent down to AHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:16 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Hawks are taking an interesting way to get under the cap and keep both Huet and Khabby.
Apparently this move is only being done until they can move Khabby, then they will recall Barker and Niemi.

I would think that's quite likely. I'm hearing as much as 50%.

18Cam Barker sent down to AHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I would think that's quite likely. I'm hearing as much as 50%.

If they do, I wonder what Murray would offer them? I am sure he would at least try to get him...

I do have the feeling though that someone will drastically overpay as usual...

19Cam Barker sent down to AHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:I LOVE Brian Lee, in a completely heterosexual way.

He's going to be good, but I don't think he alone is our answer to creating some offense out of our defense. I also have no idea why Picard is here. Schubert should have that last spot, or in the very least Bell should have taken it. Perhaps Murray is keeping the option open to add another defenseman mid-season?

I really don't like Picard.

Personally if Lee continues to struggle I would send him back down to the farm. Barker would be nice and if Chicago's present D does well they may consider moving him to Ottawa instead of letting him sit in the minors.

Now that being said after reviewing the updated Hockeyfutures website it seems we have alot of quality PMD prospects that just need a little time. HMMMM, makes me wonder if Murray may look at trying to get a defensive D-man in the next draft.

20Cam Barker sent down to AHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Where did all the love for Lee go? I thought he was the next big thing? I'm sure I remember people gushing all over him and refusing to allow him to be included in any "trade" bandied about... he was "untouchable" if I remember.

Do loyalties change that fast around here?

Wink

21Cam Barker sent down to AHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm very curious to see which GM is going to help this idiot Tallon out. Way to spend over the cap and not resolve anything all summer. Idiot. If I'm a GM, I don't go within a country mile of anyone with the exception of Seabrook and Barker. You want under the cap, you give me your good players.

22Cam Barker sent down to AHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:11 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I think the big question is whether or not Murray is going after a marquee guy during the season. I think he should. J-Bo is obviously available, and I'm sure others will pop up as the season progresses. I guess the big question is what's Alfie's cap number going to be? Can we speculate? I'm guessing it's in the 6-7 mil range- it has to be- anything less would be a HUGE discount, and anything more would be somewhat of a slime move from Alfie (although IMO his market value is around 8 )

Let's not also forget the market for a legitimate PMD is quite large, and there are several teams in competition.

That said, I think Barker is a pretty good pickup barring any big ambitions from Murray during the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum